Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Introducing the Kia EV6 GT. The crossover car designed to break the boundaries of performance in the world of electric vehicles and keep you comfortable while going full speed ahead.

The Kia EV6 GT will pack more power into your life. Its sporty muscular and bold sign, dynamic driving, 800V ultra-fast charging capabilities will put you at the forefront of the new mobility era.

Font Darkness

Read more

Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
Yes, mentioned on another post this car was going to be at the Festival of Speed, will see it in person on Saturday, on the Goodwood YouTube channel the Kia reprehensive said the car will be available at the end of this year but did not say when they would be delivered.

Reactions: Durham EV6

Super Moderator
Wonder what the price might be 馃
I know when first mentioned it was going to be 57K but now with the price increases i expect 65K

Registered
I'd guess $65k with a ADM of $2-20k depending on how greedy people are being (oh wait, how low supply is) this Fall.

What I want to know is how bad the EPA ratings will be. Although it's performance is fantastic, the extra weight and hungry motors of the Mach E GT Performance Edition gives it fairly awful (relative to the 200-300hp "tame" peers) efficiency in real life.

Registered
Uh oh, I don't see a moonroof, ventilated seats, or power seats on that brochure. This might be a no go if the US matches that configuration. My wife drives our EVs as much as me, probably even more if I get this one. And she has really long legs. I hate adjusting the seat. A ventilated seats are really nice to have here in Houston. I might have to go with a GT-Line.

Super Moderator
Uh oh, I don't see a moonroof, ventilated seats, or power seats on that brochure. This might be a no go if the US matches that configuration. My wife drives our EVs as much as me, probably even more if I get this one. And she has really long legs. I hate adjusting the seat. A ventilated seats are really nice to have here in Houston. I might have to go with a GT-Line.
No you do not get these items.

In some countries you may get a Sunroof but not all.

You will not have power seats or heated or ventilated seats, they are both manual adjustment, possibly to save weight.

you would have to manually adjust the seats each time you get into the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd guess $65k with a ADM of $2-20k depending on how greedy people are being (oh wait, how low supply is) this Fall.

What I want to know is how bad the EPA ratings will be. Although it's performance is fantastic, the extra weight and hungry motors of the Mach E GT Performance Edition gives it fairly awful (relative to the 200-300hp "tame" peers) efficiency in real life.
Like all super cars, you wouldn't be buying this for fuel economy 馃槀

Registered
The GT-Line AWD is very nearly as quick 0-60, certainly quick enough!! There are less than 1.5 seconds in it. I can't see it's worth paying extra for power you would rarely use and the compromise in comfort and range.

Super Moderator
The GT-Line AWD is very nearly as quick 0-60, certainly quick enough!! There are less than 1.5 seconds in it. I can't see it's worth paying extra for power you would rarely use and the compromise in comfort and range.
Like all things in life, you pay your money and make your choice. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Registered
They aren't in the same ballpark and won't feel even remotely similar (source: have 3.8 0-60 Mach-e GT and GT-line awd). The GT-Line feels significantly weaker and unfortunately does not give me the satisfaction I'm looking for so I'll be ordering the GT.

Registered
They aren't in the same ballpark and won't feel even remotely similar (source: have 3.8 0-60 Mach-e GT and GT-line awd). The GT-Line feels significantly weaker and unfortunately does not give me the satisfaction I'm looking for so I'll be ordering the GT.
I agree. I've driven the i-Pace, Model 3 Performance, Model Y Performance, and GT-Line. There's a big difference in the feeling you get when driving even in .5 second 0-60. The M3P pushed the blood back in my head. The Model Y Performance was fast, but a notable step down from the M3P. The I-pace and GT-Line are fast enough to pass nearly everyone, but you don't get that feeling of teleporting that you get with the M3P. That's what I'm looking for...that sense that no gap is too small. On local roads, it doesn't really matter. But on highways, having the extra power makes a big difference in how quickly you can slip through gaps. And here in Texas, much of traffic is traveling 70 - 80 miles per hour depending on the time of day. Superior high-speed acceleration is actually useful. I wish Kia would offer the ventilated + power seats and other features as options. This will be a tough choice for me. We love the ventilated seats in my Expedition because Houston is very hot. My wife and I care constantly switching cars, so the memory seats would be very useful.

Registered
It is certainly true that 1.5 seconds is a huge difference when you are down to around 3.5 to 4.5 - really a lot.

It鈥檚 great to have the choice.

Registered
I also agree. When examining videos of interior of GT there are button for the seat control with icons for heating front seats and steering wheel but no ventilation buttons. Power seats do not really matter much to me but ventilated seats in Alabama in summer certainly would be nice. Have heard that a GT2 trim likely though do not know what difference this represents from a GT1 trim.

Registered
My only consolation regarding loss of the ventilated seats is that a suede seat isn't quite as bad as leather. My Expedition has black leather and it's blazing hot in summer. My Altima has brushed cloth and the interior gets hots, but you don't feel it as much on the seats. My Focus Electric has cloth, and it's not bad since the material is very light and the fabric isn't dense.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts