Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link!

looks like scheduled climate only works if you’re plugged in. If not, I suppose one has to use the app to remote start the climate control to pre-heat or cool?

·
Registered
51 Posts
And yet the system doesn't support Wireless CarPlay or Android Auto, which IMHO is a major flaw. I would hope that's coming in a software update, but I've seen no evidence of that, and it kind of blows my mind that in 2022 it wasn't a capability from the get-go.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon - Passed on my FE
143 Posts
And yet the system doesn't support Wireless CarPlay or Android Auto, which IMHO is a major flaw. I would hope that's coming in a software update, but I've seen no evidence of that, and it kind of blows my mind that in 2022 it wasn't a capability from the get-go.
I tend to agree but really is not that many cars (in total) that support it today. Price definitely does not seem to be the driving factor (ie no Lexus, Infiniti, 1 Mercedes, no Porsche, etc). This doesn’t include 2022 cars yet sadly:

Which Cars Offer Wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for 2021?
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • BMW: 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, 8 Series, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, Z4
  • Buick: Encore GX, Envision
  • Cadillac: CT4, CT5, Escalade, Escalade ESV, XT4, XT5, XT6
  • Chevrolet: Camaro, Corvette, Malibu, Silverado 1500, Silverado 2500/3500, Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer
  • Chrysler: Pacifica
  • Dodge: Durango
  • Ford: Bronco, F-150, Mustang Mach-E
  • GMC: Acadia, Sierra 1500, Sierra 2500/3500, Yukon, Yukon XL
  • Honda: Accord
  • Jeep: Grand Cherokee L (not regular Grand Cherokee)
  • Hyundai: Elantra, Palisade
  • Kia: K5, Sorento
  • Mercedes-Benz: S-Class
  • Nissan: Rogue (not Rogue Sport)
  • Volkswagen: Atlas (2021.5 only), Atlas Cross Sport, Arteon, Golf GTI (not regular Golf), Jetta, Tiguan
Still a strange omission in what is suppose to be your “all new platform“ with the latest tech (as is not using NVIDIA).

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is interesting, the latest update is called Jong-e. I wonder if this is the first update where the Infotainment system differs from the existing Gen5w system?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tend to agree but really is not that many cars (in total) that support it today. Price definitely does not seem to be the driving factor (ie no Lexus, Infiniti, 1 Mercedes, no Porsche, etc). This doesn’t include 2022 cars yet sadly:

Which Cars Offer Wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for 2021?
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • BMW: 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, 8 Series, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, Z4
  • Buick: Encore GX, Envision
  • Cadillac: CT4, CT5, Escalade, Escalade ESV, XT4, XT5, XT6
  • Chevrolet: Camaro, Corvette, Malibu, Silverado 1500, Silverado 2500/3500, Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer
  • Chrysler: Pacifica
  • Dodge: Durango
  • Ford: Bronco, F-150, Mustang Mach-E
  • GMC: Acadia, Sierra 1500, Sierra 2500/3500, Yukon, Yukon XL
  • Honda: Accord
  • Jeep: Grand Cherokee L (not regular Grand Cherokee)
  • Hyundai: Elantra, Palisade
  • Kia: K5, Sorento
  • Mercedes-Benz: S-Class
  • Nissan: Rogue (not Rogue Sport)
  • Volkswagen: Atlas (2021.5 only), Atlas Cross Sport, Arteon, Golf GTI (not regular Golf), Jetta, Tiguan
Still a strange omission in what is suppose to be your “all new platform“ with the latest tech (as is not using NVIDIA).
Exactly, especially since two Kia models which ostensibly share the same infotainment platform have Wireless CarPlay/AA.

It's a big omission-- IMHO the lack of wireless CarPlay/AA pretty much renders the wireless charger pointless if you have to plug the phone in anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
758 Posts
Kia and Hyundai with the 10.25" wide screen do NOT support wireless. All of our models offer wireless with the 8" screen and the old hardware/software. The updated system with the 10" screen does not support it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kia and Hyundai with the 10.25" wide screen do NOT support wireless. All of our models offer wireless with the 8" screen and the old hardware/software. The updated system with the 10" screen does not support it.
Does not support it, or cannot support it?
Some folks digging in have found the chipset that was used for the system does in fact have WIFI built into it. Now, I haven't dug up the chip myself to look at the datasheet, so I don't know if it offers the 5GHz range needed, but, just spit balling here, if it does then all that is needed is a software update to activate it. Like AA widescreen which just needs an update. What is unknown is if Kia will in fact provide such an update. Rumor mill, take it for what it's worth, is that sometime around the Spring, MAYBE, an update like that will be coming. But again, with their history, that rumor is worth it's weight in electrons.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm still waiting on my EV6, but I'm coming from a CRV that has wired Carplay usb port and another usb port for my flash drive of MP3s. It stinks that the EV6 has only one data port. Probably going to have WAZE going on the armrest charger and a flash drive of music plugged into the data port. I wish wireless AndroidAuto was a thing so I could get Waze and my flash drive with music at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts