Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seem to recall learning once that if an individual wanted to import and drive a car in Canada that wasn't approved, they had to actually bring in 3 and let Canada crash-test 2 of them. No idea if that was correct then or is still today, but it would probably be 68 demo units from that math ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I seem to recall learning once that if an individual wanted to import and drive a car in Canada that wasn't approved, they had to actually bring in 3 and let Canada crash-test 2 of them. No idea if that was correct then or is still today, but it would probably be 68 demo units from that math ;)
Or just wait for 15 years.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like all the most recent (and large # of) EV6 arrivals are coming from Pyeongtaek, as some had predicted. The recent arrivals in Tacoma, Brunswick, and Philly all arrived from Pyeongtaek. (Some previous individual cars had arrived from other ports)

Another Eukor vessel is inbound from Pyeongtaek and arriving at New West in a couple days. I have not found any way to search Canadian manifests.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Looks like all the most recent (and large # of) EV6 arrivals are coming from Pyeongtaek, as some had predicted. The recent arrivals in Tacoma, Brunswick, and Philly all arrived from Pyeongtaek. (Some previous individual cars had arrived from other ports)

Another Eukor vessel is inbound from Pyeongtaek and arriving at New West in a couple days. I have not found any way to search Canadian manifests.
View attachment 1595
Yeah many of the first units were shipping out of Mokpo. Probably ok for only a few units to rail them down. But for higher quantities in the hundreds, best to ship them from where they’re made.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@robby-d Isnt that the same ship as in the original post... Morning Cornet voyage 131??

Maybe our cars are here!
Wow I didn't catch that. Makes me wonder if maybe those 70 units unloaded in Tacoma are destined for the east coast, and due to rail delays with the BC rail washouts they're sending them via US rail lines instead. And perhaps there are more EV6 units that will be unloaded in New West next week? So few cars have been coming in to ports it's possible the delays are minimal these days.

In the absence of having a new car to drive, speculation sure is fun ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dealer told me they got an email today about dealer EV6 training. Hopefully soon!
Yes mine said the same two days ago. He said that they started training Nationwide.

I know when I first got my Nissan Leaf in 2013, the local dealership said that they had to have at least two mechanics EV trained at each shop, but I’m guessing that this training is sales and that the mechanics training is done.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kia has informed my dealer that my EV6 will arrive March.
Update - I spoke with my dealer and my order is actually coming in their SECOND batch of EV6's - they have some arriving at the dealership in Feb! No colours or VINs assigned yet, no details on pricing has been released. But if cars are arriving in Feb, I think we'll hear that very very soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am not in a rush, and need to try before I commit to buy. My main concern is fitment of my 6' 3-4" frame. I just did a quick scan of local Hyundai dealers and there are about 15 Ioniq 5s in dealers' lots right now, about 4 or 5 of those the Preferred Long Range with Ultimate. Not sure if they would display them as inventory if they are earmarked for a pre-order. Maybe so. Anyway point being, if the same holds true for EV6, I will have may have the opportunity to try and see the trim I am interested in person on a dealer lot before purchase. And who knows, if the the take up, especially with inflation rising, is not as good as Kia thinks, I may be able to snag an EV6 later this summer for less than MSRP. Wishful thinking?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts