Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to open a thread here for us Canadians to share information that we hear from our dealerships around availability, pricing and options.

I've currently preemptively put down a deposit in early March 2021 with my local deal to "reserve" a GT-Line.
Curious since the July 27th reveal (which didn't reveal much) anyone has heard anything?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Crickets for me. I haven't put a deposit down at the dealer; waiting for the "national" or manufacturer pre-order like what Hyundai has done with the Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From Vancouver here just put a deposit down just for a White EV6 couldn’t get any trim levels or information from the dealer. I ordered from Kia west. All they could tell me is that they are expecting more information in October in terms of pricing and trims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to open a thread here for us Canadians to share information that we hear from our dealerships around availability, pricing and options.

I've currently preemptively put down a deposit in early March 2021 with my local deal to "reserve" a GT-Line.
Curious since the July 27th reveal (which didn't reveal much) anyone has heard anything?
Received word yesterday from the sales manager at the closest Kia EV approved dealer that the regional sales rep notified him Canadian pre-orders open mid-October. I signed up with Kia Canada for email updates a few months ago and have little information coming from them. Other than the pre-launch reveal online it's been crickets from Kia Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Received word yesterday from the sales manager at the closest Kia EV approved dealer that the regional sales rep notified him Canadian pre-orders open mid-October. I signed up with Kia Canada for email updates a few months ago and have little information coming from them. Other than the pre-launch reveal online it's been crickets from Kia Canada.
Well at least that’s an update. The dealer I put a deposit with said they weren’t expecting anything till October so sounds about right

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure I understand people putting deposits with dealers for this EV in particular, and highly anticipated EVs in general. My understanding is that pre-orders from consumers are filled before dealer sales and inventory. At least that is how my dealer and Kia's regional sales manager explained it. Based on delayed deliveries of the Ioniq 5 in the US I don't expect the EV6 to be delivered in Canada until late Q2 2022 at the earliest. However, that's a guess on my part. Time will tell.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ditto. I expect July deliveries. Maybe August (so more pessimistic than you). VW Canada hasn’t even delivered ID.4s yet but it should be any day now, as a comparison between US and Canadian deliveries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts