Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some news but no [馃嚚馃嚘] pricing.

• 1,600 units for Canada for the first year. There are approximately 800 pre-orders at dealerships across the country
  • This compares to 4,500 Ioniq 5s that Hyundai Canada is sending for this year
  • Canadian production of the EV6 has started.
Does anyone here have any idea what kind of timeframes are applicable once a Kia car has "started production?"

With a previous (American) vehicle I had about a 3-week period where a car was in a queue and collection phase prior to "starting production" which was the beginning of build. It was about 1 week to build complete and then up to another week to "ready for release/ship" and then at that point one's at the mercy of shipping logistics.

Not sure if this is Kia's process, vernacular, or timing though. But from this I'm hopeful we're talking 2-2.5 months to arrival in Canada, given production capacities and the fact they're probably building all 200 reservations at the same time.

Any insight from the international community?

From the quoted article:
Font Number Circle

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
I know that here in the US when a car is built in our factory in GA, they put it on the build schedule about 45 days prior to build. Then it's a week for vehicle inspection after build. Then it's 4-6 weeks for delivery to the dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that here in the US when a car is built in our factory in GA, they put it on the build schedule about 45 days prior to build. Then it's a week for vehicle inspection after build. Then it's 4-6 weeks for delivery to the dealer.
Thank-you! Is there anywhere where you can see the specific "phases" or "steps" it goes through? I.e. "build schedule" then "in production" then... ? And do you see anything different for Kia cars built in Korea?

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
Thank-you! Is there anywhere where you can see the specific "phases" or "steps" it goes through? I.e. "build schedule" then "in production" then... ? And do you see anything different for Kia cars built in Korea?
Yeppers! I can see each specific step for both an ETA as well as when it actually hits that mark. It's different for US build vehicles with more visibility before shipping begins compared to imported units.

US Built:
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Number

Import Built:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Pattern

Registered
Just had an email this evening from my UK dealer. The GT S-Line we ordered has a delayed delivery date from beginning of April to July/August...

Registered
When did you order?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts