Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Looking for your thoughts) My wife and I were lucky enough to be one of 1500. Between then and now we purchased a new Zenza, because we just weren't sure about the logistics of a pure electric car. Fast charging not close (13 miles round trip), condo complex unwilling to install charger. But time should change things. We're looking for opinions. We know we'll take a hit on the Venza and we only want one car. And hopefully charging becomes more convenient in time. Question is; Why should we go through with the purchase?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
(Looking for your thoughts) My wife and I were lucky enough to be one of 1500. Between then and now we purchased a new Zenza, because we just weren't sure about the logistics of a pure electric car. Fast charging not close (13 miles round trip), condo complex unwilling to install charger. But time should change things. We're looking for opinions. We know we'll take a hit on the Venza and we only want one car. And hopefully charging becomes more convenient in time. Question is; Why should we go through with the purchase?
I hope your condo board changes its mind about installing charging stations

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would say that unless you have access to charging at work I would not get an EV. Its just a lot more convenient when you have a charger at your overnight parking space. Just my opinion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say that unless you have access to charging at work I would not get an EV. Its just a lot more convenient when you have a charger at your overnight parking space. Just my opinion
Agreed, we're planting seeds and hopefully someday the minds in our condo complex will be more forward thinking. But being retired and time not being not that much an issue, running to a charging area may not be to inconvenient. Thank for your thoughts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I tried 100% public charging in my first month of EV ownership with an ID.4... it was unpleasant. I would not recommend it - unless you had workplace charging. Having to drive 9 miles to the nearest DC charger and top up to 60-80% (took 15-25mins) and drive back was a hassle and waste of time. Mainly I had to keep some charge because of the lack of non-Tesla DC chargers around me. With a LFP-based Telsa Model 3... it might have been better. Charge to 100% every time and don't care about battery degradation but most EVs are using Li-ion batteries that requires less abuse and want to stay under 80% and above 20%

I bought a Model Y and now have zero range anxiety because there's a supercharger (with 8-14 stalls) about 10 miles apart in every direction and the charging is idiot-proof. Don't get me started on how unpleasant EVGo and Electrify America stations can be when they don't work. It's why I don't think EVs are ready for widespread adoption yet. Thankfully the US passed the infrastructure bill that has $7.5B for EV charging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts