Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just taken delivery of a First Edition (633/1500) in matte Grey. Looks great in that color but it wasn't until we were about to leave the dealer they said 'don't take it through a car wash - those brushes will mark your paint forever'.
I'm not one who enjoys manual car washing so, my question is: would a touchless carwash with the chemicals they use cause any problems with the paint?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
You can search the forum for many posts about caring for the matte paint finish. I don't have experience with this, but my understanding from reading the posts is that the chemicals (including wax) from commercial car washes must be avoided to protect the finish.

You should either hand wash with a matte-safe car wash product or pay extra for a ceramic or film coating to protect the finish. Again, lots of info about this on the forum.

I recall several postings that indicate the FEs included a pamphlet describing the special care required for the matte finish. If the dealer did not provide this with the car, you should request it.

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
^^^^^
The above post is correct about the pamphlet that comes with the vehicle, on how to care for the matte paint.
It really isn't that hard or time-consuming.

No!!!
Do not run your car, through a brush or car wash that may have any type of Carnauba wax, beeswax, or any wax in the product.
If you have a coin operated self car wash, that would be your best bet.
I use this instead of washing it at home for myself.
Not only does it save money and water,, but it saves time.

I spray the vehicle off with high pressure soap making sure that the hose doesn't scrape across the paint.
Then,
I use the pre-wash function and spray the car and wipe it down with a wash mitt,
(first baseman mitt), lol, jk,,
Then,
I rinse, and dry.

Done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts