Kia EV6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 nissan navara tekna twin turbo auto, 2016 mustang gt 5.0 auto, 2005 chrysler 300c hemi v8 auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ev6 is said to have a capacity of up to 1600kg as long as to battery is over 35% soc. somewhere i read only with the big battery. somewhere else: only with 4wd. does anyone have exact info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the ev6 is said to have a capacity of up to 1600kg as long as to battery is over 35% soc. somewhere i read only with the big battery. somewhere else: only with 4wd. does anyone have exact info?
I've ordered the standard range RWD last week. It states that I can tow 750kgs. No further info about minimum SOC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations @vinsend! Were you able to pick any specs/options for the EV6?
Thanks! I'm very happy and very much looking forward to september!

The options that were available on the base model were heatpump (€822,-) and metallic paint (€657,-). I chose the heatpump because that'll make quite a difference in Dutch winters and Snow White Pearl.

About the towbar: I contacted my dealer today to ask if I needed to choose a towbar in advance, but they don't have knowledge any of the accessoires yet so that is still tbd.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks! I'm very happy and very much looking forward to september!

The options that were available on the base model were heatpump (€822,-) and metallic paint (€657,-). I chose the heatpump because that'll make quite a difference in Dutch winters and Snow White Pearl.

About the towbar: I contacted my dealer today to ask if I needed to choose a towbar in advance, but they don't have knowledge any of the accessoires yet so that is still tbd.
Good choice with the snow pearl! The EV6's design really suits it. Have you owned EVs before or is this your first?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good choice with the snow pearl! The EV6's design really suits it. Have you owned EVs before or is this your first?
Currently driving a Leaf 2018 (lease ends in september) so great step up and awesome timing :)

The Leaf is a great car but the 40kWh battery, 50kW charging and lack of thermal battery management are a bit of a hassle as we regularly drive about 380km (~240 miles) roundtrip to family. We're in The Netherlands though, so blessed with a very good charging infrastructure (lots of 350kW stations as well, so real nice for the EV6).

Going offtopic (sorry), but have you ordered?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have also ordered an EV6 (GT Line AWD in matte grey).
Also because of the towing capacity of 1600Kg so I can pull my caravan (max. 1500Kg).
We can't select a towbar yet.
So I guess it won't be an automatic one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts