Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, you can't really track shipments even if you have the VIN.

If you know the production date of the car you can guess it's shipping date (ususally 2-7 days after production) and then look up ships that leave the port of Pyeongtaek. You also need to know the destination port, don't know which one that would be for the US, for Germany it would be Bremerhaven. And then you can track that ship. After the ship docks at the destination port you can can guess how long it takes to trailer it to your dealer...

It really is a lot of guessing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, you can't really track shipments even if you have the VIN.

If you know the production date of the car you can guess it's shipping date (ususally 2-7 days after production) and then look up ships that leave the port of Pyeongtaek. You also need to know the destination port, don't know which one that would be for the US, for Germany it would be Bremerhaven. And then you can track that ship. After the ship docks at the destination port you can can guess how long it takes to trailer it to your dealer...

It really is a lot of guessing.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
If you ask your dealer they can go on the Kia Portal and provide you with a tracking form.

An example is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also have this question. I had an ETA of 3/4 (today) but apparently this is bumped to 3/16. I need to know if I'm being given the runaround and if this thing has a reasonable expectation to arrive then (such as landed in USA port? If it hasn't arrived then clearly it is farther out than it seems. Now I'm out of a car until it comes...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have this question. I had an ETA of 3/4 (today) but apparently this is bumped to 3/16. I need to know if I'm being given the runaround and if this thing has a reasonable expectation to arrive then (such as landed in USA port? If it hasn't arrived then clearly it is farther out than it seems. Now I'm out of a car until it comes...
I can relate. I am worried to trust a car dealer to either be efficient, honest, or have my best interests at hand so I kinda wanted to be able to watch after them. I am waiting on them and I could have picked up a car anywhere else in the country weeks ago.

·
Registered
490 Posts
@SabaEV @Biscuit112 I can relate to the two of you as well--mine had a dealer ETA of 2/27; obviously it has not arrived yet or else I wouldn't be posting this right now. I texted my salesperson yesterday morning for an update--no reply so far today; trying to be patient but at the same time a very small part of me is wondering if maybe he's ghosting me.

In the meantime the dealer where my FE is being delivered to has a listing for an FE (same color as mine BTW) that whoever reserved it apparently decided to back out, as it's currently listing at $7K over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia EV6 GTLine AWD, plus 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
32 Posts
I was originally given 3/6 which also has been bumped to 3/16. FYI. No idea if it has arrived in US yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts