Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving Mach-E for almost a year, and here is my comparison:
UPD:
Mach-E was Job 1 Preminum AWD ER made in around January 2021.
EV6 is First Edition AWD, bought on February 19 2022.

Mach-E advantages:
  • Quicker. (UPD: others claim its not).
  • Much better lane keeping assistant (and promised BlueCruise).
  • Much better sound system in Premuim trim.
  • Sound insulation is better.
  • Better headlights (projector LED vs reflector LED in EV6).
  • A bit cheaper.
  • More headroom.
  • Better rear vision through the glass.
  • Keypad entry.
  • It does come with a charger :)
EV6 advantages:
  • 800v battery and faster charging rate.
  • More efficient in terms of energy consumption.
  • Heat pump.
  • UPD: Better suspension both in stability and comfort.
  • Traditional sunroof instead of fixed glass roof.
  • Towing ability.
  • Crossbar installation support.
  • V2L capability (120v output from main battery).
  • Better interior design:
    • Much better seats (I'm a big guy).
    • Feels like a glove.
    • Sharp edges of the infotainment screen and phone tray do not stick into my knee!
  • Much better infotainment:
    • Excellent screen layout (you don't just stick iPad on the front panel!).
    • Snappy interface, no lags.
    • Better steering wheel controls.
    • Buttons!
  • Better and more reliable app.
  • No quality problems yet.
    • Everything just works.
    • All features I need are not just promised, they already implemented (full screen CarPlay).
    • No freaking instrument cluster buzz.
  • Better dealership experience. Sorry Ford, your dealers are really pulling you back.
  • Deeper cargo area.
  • No "muscle car" appearance. This is IMHO, I'm not a muscle car guy.
  • More pleasant backup beeper, less aggressive propulsion sound.
I know frunk is a big deal for Ford. On EV6 there is just a really small box. But actually, frunk on Mach-E frunk is almost useless given the problems it have closing the hood (not fixed by dealership!!!).

I switched mainly because of quality problems in Mach-E and dealership experience. EV6 fits me better I think, through it's not without its own disadvantages.
EV6 feels like a finished product, Mach-E is like a prototype.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
69 Posts
I had a Mach-E on order since August 2021. In January, shortly after my car went into production, the ETA of nearly all orders slid by three months (to May/June for me) in what became known as the Friday Night Massacre. But it was a blessing in disguise for me, as in February I was able to test drive an EV6 and discover for me that it more fun to drive as the Mach-E, with more amenities and better tech. Bought EV6 Wind AWD with the Technology package. Canceled my Mach-E California Route 1 order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was driving Mach-E for almost a year, and here is my comparison:

Mach-E advantages:
  • Quicker.
  • Much better lane keeping assistant (and promised BlueCruise).
  • Much better sound system in Premuim trim.
  • Sound insulation is better.
  • Better headlights (projector LED vs reflector LED in EV6).
  • A bit cheaper.
  • More headroom.
  • Better rear vision through the glass.
  • Keypad entry.
  • It does come with a charger :)
EV6 advantages:
  • 800v battery and faster charging rate.
  • More efficient in terms of energy consumption.
  • Heat pump.
  • Traditional sunroof instead of fixed glass roof.
  • Towing ability.
  • Crossbar installation support.
  • V2L capability (120v output from main battery).
  • Better interior design:
    • Much better seats (I'm a big guy).
    • Feels like a glove.
    • Sharp edges of the infotainment screen and phone tray do not stick into my knee!
  • Much better infotainment:
    • Excellent screen layout (you don't just stick iPad on the front panel!).
    • Snappy interface, no lags.
    • Better steering wheel controls.
    • Buttons!
  • Better and more reliable app.
  • No quality problems yet.
    • Everything just works.
    • All features I need are not just promised, they already implemented (full screen CarPlay).
    • No freaking instrument cluster buzz.
  • Better dealership experience. Sorry Ford, your dealers are really pulling you back.
  • Deeper cargo area.
  • No "muscle car" appearance. This is IMHO, I'm not a muscle car guy.
  • More pleasant backup beeper, less aggressive propulsion sound.
I know frunk is a big deal for Ford. On EV6 there is just a really small box. But actually, frunk on Mach-E frunk is almost useless given the problems it have closing the hood (not fixed by dealership!!!).

I switched mainly because of quality problems in Mach-E and dealership experience. EV6 fits me better I think, through it's not without its own disadvantages.
EV6 feels like a finished product, Mach-E is like a prototype.
Quicker? Which trim did you have, AWD?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a Mach-E on order since August 2021. In January, shortly after my car went into production, the ETA of nearly all orders slid by three months (to May/June for me) in what became known as the Friday Night Massacre. But it was a blessing in disguise for me, as in February I was able to test drive an EV6 and discover for me that it more fun to drive as the Mach-E, with more amenities and better tech. Bought EV6 Wind AWD with the Technology package. Canceled my Mach-E California Route 1 order.
Literally no one calls it the “Friday Night Massacre” except you (with the same screen name on the MachE forums), I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with trying to make that name stick.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Curious about this as well. Everything I‘be read/watched shows the MME a bit slower than advertised, while the EV6 is a bit quicker.
Definitely had to be a different trim. The EV6 AWD vs. Premium AWD ER is definitely going to give the win to the EV6. Hell even my GT is only going to break into the 3 second 0-60 range in the most IDEAL conditions. It would probably be a decently close match with my car. That's why I want the EV6 GT. Them horsepowers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quicker? Which trim did you have, AWD?
Yup. Mach-E Premium AWD ER vs EV6 FE AWD. I admit I could be wrong about quickness.

TRAITOR!

Might I ask, did you get the meridian sound system with your EV6? The B&O in the MME is....okay. Not great, not bad. If the Meridian is worse...oof.
As I said, its very subjective. Sound is extremely subjective. May I got used to Mach-E sound too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Curious, which trims are you comparing? We have a Mach-E GT that we picked up about a month ago and don't have any of the same criticisms you shared
I had a Job 1 Mach-E, bought it at around March 2021. GT is Job 2 vehicle.
Actually, on Mach-E forum, I can make a conclusion that Ford mostly abandoned Job 1 vehicles.
Not very beautiful from their side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know what mode you keep your EV6 in? Eco mode shuts off the front motor entirely, and would account for loss of speed.
Interesting fact. No, I keep it in normal mode. Again, give me some time. I could be wrong.
At least on paper EV6 AWD FE is 5.2 sec 0-60 and Mach-E Premium AWD is 4.8 sec.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
So I believe Kia’s website says 4.6, but I do know I’ve seen 5.2 elsewhere
The youtube videos I've seen have all been running 4.5ish on the EV6 in sport mode. Good comparison though. I'm still going back and forth between the two. I have a Mach-E on order.. Premium ER AWD and I'm also considering a GT-Line AWD EV6. I've driven the EV6 but somehow have yet to find a Mach-E to test drive. My only issue with the EV6 was that headroom was a little tight getting in and out but was fine once I was in driving position. Its not as bad as getting in and out of a sedan though so I can live with it. Surprisingly, the mach-e I sat in felt really tight, especially the back seat which was odd as I thought it was supposed to be larger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Literally no one calls it the “Friday Night Massacre” except you (with the same screen name on the MachE forums), I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with trying to make that name stick.

I'm from the Mach-E forums too and this made me laugh out loud. I respect how committed the poster is to making the "Friday Night Massacre" happen. They really want their car.

I'm glad you got to drive both. That is one nice thing about this market. If you just want to swap around you can. I'm also surprised you didn't note the suspension as a positive of the Kia.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
69 Posts
I'm from the Mach-E forums too and this made me laugh out loud. I respect how committed the poster is to making the "Friday Night Massacre" happen. They really want their car.

I'm glad you got to drive both. That is one nice thing about this market. If you just want to swap around you can. I'm also surprised you didn't note the suspension as a positive of the Kia.
Yes, driving both made the EV6 an easy choice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts