Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Boxster, 2017 Mercedes GLC 43AMG
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered or had installed a hitch receiver? I noticed it is listed as a factory part for $540. Does not show a cut out location for a hitch and mounting one under the bumper would position it too low such it would scrape on the driveway exit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line First Edition #360
72 Posts
Yup.. I just installed mine this past weekend. Hitch and harness...

Purchased both online from kia.parts

If you get from a dealer locally, the hitch price should include the cost of installation of the hitch. Not sure about the harness if that install is included.

All in all the hitch, from a mechanically competent person, should be able to do it, with the car on the ground, no bumper removal.. in about 45 minutes, much less if you have a helping hand.

The harness is not hard, just have to remove a few panels. This took a bit longer, no need for help, but about 45 minutes?

If I had to do it again and not have to take pictures and document for a HowTo, I could have run through the install in about an hour.

OEM is 1.25" and 4Pin connector. No brakes.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Asphalt Automotive exterior

White Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Blue Automotive tire Azure

Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Photograph

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle Material property

Pliers Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Bicycle part Tool

·
Registered
1 Posts

If you get from a dealer locally, the hitch price should include the cost of installation of the hitch. Not sure about the harness if that install is included.

All in all the hitch, from a mechanically competent person, should be able to do it, with the car on the ground, no bumper removal.. in about 45 minutes, much less if you have a helping hand.

The harness is not hard, just have to remove a few panels. This took a bit longer, no need for help, but about 45 minutes?

If I had to do it again and not have to take pictures and document for a HowTo, I could have run through the install in about an hour.

View attachment 3957
View attachment 3953
View attachment 3956
View attachment 3955
View attachment 3952
View attachment 3958
View attachment 3949
View attachment 3954
View attachment 3950
View attachment 3951
Looks like it works well for you.
Could you supply a part number or link to the product page?

thx

·
Registered
2 Posts

Before you decide to DIY, check at several different dealers (if you are lucky enough to have more than one within driving distance). In my case, Myrtle Beach Kia charges separately for the installation, whereas Coastal Kia in Wilmington, NC includes installation in the price. You can find out by using this website: Kia Accessories Guide - Home After you choose "your" dealer, it will either say "Installation included" in green or "Installation not included" in gray.

If you need to DIY, here are the part numbers:
Hitch: CVF61 AU000
Harness: CVF67 AU000

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
82 Posts
If you can wait, I'd highly recommend getting a stealth hitch. They should be available soon and I can't believe how slick the setup is. I just had mine fitted with one as part of their development and will be posting some pics and videos in the next day or so.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can wait, I'd highly recommend getting a stealth hitch. They should be available soon and I can't believe how slick the setup is. I just had mine fitted with one as part of their development and will be posting some pics and videos in the next day or so.
Curious if they had to remove the bumper. Did they cut a hole in the lower panel.
Also, did it interrupt the safety warnings or camera when backing up?
Looking forward to ordering one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Before you decide to DIY, check at several different dealers (if you are lucky enough to have more than one within driving distance). In my case, Myrtle Beach Kia charges separately for the installation, whereas Coastal Kia in Wilmington, NC includes installation in the price. You can find out by using this website: Kia Accessories Guide - Home After you choose "your" dealer, it will either say "Installation included" in green or "Installation not included" in gray.

If you need to DIY, here are the part numbers:
Hitch: CVF61 AU000
Harness: CVF67 AU000

It doesnt REALLY include install when they are charging your $300++.

I bought the hitch for $130. Took 30 minutes to install. Didnt have to wait for the dealer and have them butcher the install. Saved a few hundred.

And PLEASE read. I have already installed it and have ordered the parts. I dont need it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Curious if they had to remove the bumper. Did they cut a hole in the lower panel.
Also, did it interrupt the safety warnings or camera when backing up?
Looking forward to ordering one.
No need to remove the bumper. Just remove the lower facia which is 3 10mm bolts and 8 pop rivets.

No need to raise the car, can do it on the ground. its about a 30-minute install.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
188 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out if the US model could except the 7pin after seeing what was on the car when they tried to attach the harness for the 4pin?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
134 Posts
I would say no. The control box has a 6-pin output:
1. Left/Stop
2. Right/Stop
3. Taillight
4. ?
5. Ground
6. Ground

Pin 4 isn't documented, but there are three missing that are on a 7 pin: brake, backup light, and aux power.

The controller just connects to the CAN bus and decodes the light signals. It's not a pass-through. Maybe a non-US controller would work, but I don't have documentation on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts