Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two reservations for EV6's. One is mine and the other is my in-laws at another address of course.

Originally I had my reservations split between two dealerships. One larger business and one Mom & Pop.
At the one larger dealer that I'll call #1, the GM is a good friend of my in-laws, but he told me ahead of time that he'd mark up the in-laws EV6 at least $3000. Business is business so...

Anyway, knowing that, I switched the in-law order to the smaller hometown dealership that I'll call #2 where mine was already reserved.
After the Sept deadline, I talked to #2 that had both of our orders now. They said that they'd be marking them up around $7000 EACH!!! I told them that they wouldn't have gotten even one if not for me.
I did this double reservation there, because I figured that they'd pull this on one car, but maybe let me have the other at MSRP. My in-laws would give up theirs if needed, because they'd also like the Caddy Lyriq and would be happy with it too.

Dealer #2 said that by mid January, one of our cars would be there and that we'd talk then. I know for a fact that they want to keep one EV6 for the dealership, so I still have no leverage.
I know, I know, I should have stuck with Dealer #1 with the $3000 markup, but friend or no friend, I think that he's going to adjust it a lot higher.

I wish that I could cancel both and that they'd go to another dealership where somebody else might get one at sticker. I called Kia America and they said that if I cancel, they still both go to that Mom & Pop #2 dealership so....

I guess that we'll see when one or both arrive.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 - RWD 77,4kW - Runway Red
12 Posts
I have two reservations for EV6's. One is mine and the other is my in-laws at another address of course.

Originally I had my reservations split between two dealerships. One larger business and one Mom & Pop.
At the one larger dealer that I'll call #1, the GM is a good friend of my in-laws, but he told me ahead of time that he'd mark up the in-laws EV6 at least $3000. Business is business so...

Anyway, knowing that, I switched the in-law order to the smaller hometown dealership that I'll call #2 where mine was already reserved.
After the Sept deadline, I talked to #2 that had both of our orders now. They said that they'd be marking them up around $7000 EACH!!! I told them that they wouldn't have gotten even one if not for me.
I did this double reservation there, because I figured that they'd pull this on one car, but maybe let me have the other at MSRP. My in-laws would give up theirs if needed, because they'd also like the Caddy Lyriq and would be happy with it too.

Dealer #2 said that by mid January, one of our cars would be there and that we'd talk then. I know for a fact that they want to keep one EV6 for the dealership, so I still have no leverage.
I know, I know, I should have stuck with Dealer #1 with the $3000 markup, but friend or no friend, I think that he's going to adjust it a lot higher.

I wish that I could cancel both and that they'd go to another dealership where somebody else might get one at sticker. I called Kia America and they said that if I cancel, they still both go to that Mom & Pop #2 dealership so....

Ha ha, what a crazy system you´ve got over there! Here in the civilized World, we pay the list price from Kia, and nothing else.
:)

·
Registered
166 Posts

Yes we are all stuck. Just give some thought to what would make you walk V. buying while clenching teeth. A lot of cool vehicles out there with most not available without going through these kinds of stupid games. There are a few other EVs I would like, but none of which appeal to me as much as the EV6....at least I think so...I can't even drive it to see what it is really like!

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Are US dealers accepting reservations?
They have not opened up ordering for the US yet. I am taking preorders that I will place the moment that ordering does open up but this is more than 98% of dealers are doing, though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have not opened up ordering for the US yet. I am taking preorders that I will place the moment that ordering does open up but this is more than 98% of dealers are doing, though.
Thank you for that. I wish that I had picked your dealership for my FE. I could easily fly out there and drive it back.

What do you think will happen at my chosen dealership, with my FE along with my in-laws?
They’ll jack them both up at least $5000-$7000?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Thank you for that. I wish that I had picked your dealership for my FE. I could easily fly out there and drive it back.

What do you think will happen at my chosen dealership, with my FE along with my in-laws?
They’ll jack them both up at least $5000-$7000?
Of Course, @Mailman13!

Honestly, I don't know. If you walk, they will DEFINITELY sell for over MSRP because of supply shortages everywhere.

If you print the letter that I posted HERE on the forum showing that corporate wants them to sell the First Edition's at MSRP, maybe you can reach a happy ending with them...?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of Course, @Mailman13!

Honestly, I don't know. If you walk, they will DEFINITELY sell for over MSRP because of supply shortages everywhere.

If you print the letter that I posted HERE on the forum showing that corporate wants them to sell the First Edition's at MSRP, maybe you can reach a happy ending with them...?
Thank you. So many choices now and later this year so……

I really like the EV6, but until we actually sit in and drive it, I really won’t know how much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Of Course, @Mailman13!

Thanks for the info on pricing the FE. Will sure help with my dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts