Kia EV Forum banner

Two hooks under armrest console. What are they for? To hang a net? Charging cables?

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  bcancelliere 
#1 ·
I noticed two hooks under the armrest console. What are they for? To hang a net? Charging cables?

#7 ·
Not sure what you're referring to, but it reminded me of the hand hold on the back of the console facing the rear seats. That one also strikes me as having no obvious use.

Now that I think about it though, it might be JUST for handling while assembling the car. Give the worker something to easily grip while positioning the console to attach it, since the front is very easy to grab but the back has otherwise very little to hold on to.

#9 ·
I use it for cable management when I run CarPlay. I double up the wire when I unplug phone so that the cable is easy to reach upon return.

As for the other storage unit behind the cup holders, I use it to store the phone when using CarPlay. Or the passenger can store their phone there. The divider is removable if you need a larger area. (Like sunglasses or spectacle cases or anything else elongated)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.