Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's an odd one. All tyres have the exact same pressure, but just one indicates a low pressure warning. I inflate all 4 a bit more
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Tachometer

and the warning clears. I deflate back to where they were and still no longer a warning!

the Kia connect app tells me I have a low pressure warning but does not tell me what the low pressure level is that its detected. So, you don't know if you have a totally flat punctured dead tyre or just a bit low when you plan to get back to the car park late at night!

·
Registered
928 Posts
The TPMS Kia uses is much the same as Audi, the values are in the tyres, not sure about makers though, it tells of a change in pressure once the pressure has been set on the internal computer. I am not even sure all types have a monitor. My 2019 Audi does not, only front two but Audi MMI shows all 4 tyres. weird.

"and the warning clears. I deflate back to where they were and still no longer a warning!"
After reading your issue over a few times... it sounds like you need to get all tyres to the correct pressure, then do a set on the computer inside the car to set the new pressure. I don't have my EV6 yet but this is what I need to do with Audi or it tells me, somethings changed.

Of course if you have a flat, thats a change in pressure :).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Normal tire pressure is 2.5bar.
Heavy load front 2.6 and rear 2.9

I would recommend to get those tires to higher pressure as will also extend your range.. Tire pressure also varies under temperature. It could have been that the pressure for short moment has been 2.1 and now is just on 2.2...

But seeing the deflating I think it's good that you got a warning... The Kia app is known to be really bad in syncing. I would go for the info in the car.
The TPMS sensors only read pressure duing driving and only on intervals to save battery power..

VAG (Volkswage, audi, skoda) uses more simple system. they detect change in pressure only and do not know actual pressure. Which will create warning when there is a large temperature difference in short time. This happens in the spring, autumn. Kia seems to have better ones that read the real pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.