Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i ordered a GT line S RWD in White (no heat pump) on the 30th November - Factory registered the order on the 2nd December 2021. Original Delivery date quoted was March 2022. Of course it has slipped!. I went into the dealers in Shrewsbury on Friday, and have now been told that delivery will be somewhere between August 2022 and February 2023!

J

·
Registered
29 Posts
i ordered same spec 23rd November from Kia Inverness still nothing from them I have called in a couple of times but they just fob me off i am close to cancelling order due to lack of customer service from them appreciate Kia not telling them much but the odd call wouldn't go a miss
I ordered at a similar time and it was only recently I received a call from Kia. Unfortunately it wasn’t good news so will have to wait. The only upside is that the price has now increased but original order prices will be held, so the EV 6 has become an even better ‘investment’. All new cars of any make seem delayed but good customer service should keep buyers better informed on a monthly basis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes its good news that the price has went up. The down side is that in Nov 21 I was offered £16.500 in a trade in. I went on line and got a valuation from Arnold Clark, the dealer who I have ordered the car from, This time I was offered £14.000
so in seven months I am down £2,500 I am going to give it anther few weeks and look at buying a Genesis they have similar spec cars, at a similar price, with cars all ready in stock Its a shame I really wanted the EV6.

·
Registered
GTLS RWD no HP ordered Feb 22
96 Posts
I ordered at a similar time and it was only recently I received a call from Kia. Unfortunately it wasn’t good news so will have to wait. The only upside is that the price has now increased but original order prices will be held, so the EV 6 has become an even better ‘investment’. All new cars of any make seem delayed but good customer service should keep buyers better informed on a monthly basis.
What did they say on the call ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
GTLS Heat Pump runway red ordered 12/11/21... Finally got a screenshot showing car was built 8/07/22 with possible delivery 2/09/22 :=)
Dealer only gets info when car goes into build and VIN issued - mine started build 6/07.
Delivery is subject to shipping of 6 to 8 weeks.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
GTLS Heat Pump runway red ordered 12/11/21... Finally got a screenshot showing car was built 8/07/22 with possible delivery 2/09/22 :=)
Dealer only gets info when car goes into build and VIN issued - mine started build 6/07.
Delivery is subject to shipping of 6 to 8 weeks.....
Same car ordered pretty much the same time and as of yesterday the dealer said it should arrive around 10 September.
The only question is will it be a 2023 version as I read somewhere that they have made very minor updates to cars starting to be built in July.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For UK only members (sorry!) - Has anyone seen any delays from the quoted 30 weeks from KIA on deliveries in the UK?
I ordered my EV6 GT Line S in Glacier White with additional Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps on 03 March 2022 with the delivery quoted as last week of September or Early October 2022 from KIA in Southampton.
I was in the dealership this week and they just said there no updates on progress!
Thank you and happy driving
Ordered my EV6 on December 21st 2021 still no sign of it being built yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
that's me done waiting email sent to dealer to cancel order and its the first time they have phoned back so quickly, anyway someone will get a car sooner than they hoped but will pay the uplifted price if it ever turns up. there are other options readily available now, so time to take back control

·
Registered
266 Posts
that's me done waiting email sent to dealer to cancel order and its the first time they have phoned back so quickly, anyway someone will get a car sooner than they hoped but will pay the uplifted price if it ever turns up. there are other options readily available now, so time to take back control
Sorry to hear that, when did you place your order?

·
Registered
266 Posts
23rd nov 2021
Did you know that lots of orders from Early November 2021 have entered build now, if you hold on another 2 or 3 weeks you will probably find your build date allocated, unless you really don't want an ev6 now, it would be a shame if you do want an ev6 to cancel after 8 months, when you're car is so close to a build date, the frustration is the dealers know nothing until that date is confirmed and I can understand how you feel, but is it really worth throwing 8 months waiting away?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted my dealer on Monday last week ( the 18th July ) and after some discussion found out that my car was now 6th in line on their order book. My car was ordered on the 30th November and the order was registered by the factory on the 2nd December, and is a GTLS RWD. He also advised me that 4 of the cars in front of my order are now in manufacture and are all AWD. The other car in front of mine is an identical white RWD car, and that car and my car are the oldest orders still on their books! When will it be built and when will I get it ??????? I leave that to your imagination!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My car EV6 GT line S with HP, has been built early July it’s a 2022 model, so no update to 2023 as has been suggested elsewhere. Awaiting shipping with a nominal delivery date if September 12th, not very long now as order placed last November.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car was ordered was ordered on November as well called my Arnold Clark Edinburgh the said may be Sep or Jan
fingers crossed its September. Just out of interested were you given a order number from the dealer when they ordered your car or on your contract.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My car was ordered was ordered on November as well called my Arnold Clark Edinburgh the said may be Sep or Jan
fingers crossed its September. Just out of interested were you given a order number from the dealer when they ordered your car or on your contract.
Yes, on the finance form on the bottom left it it shows it as an ME 2022 model followed by what I assume is the order number.
As soon as the dealership gets build notification for your car from Kia they should let you know. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plenty here about delivery times if you search.

I am very surprised you were quoted 30 weeks from an order this March, especially that spec. A year seems to be more typical on orders since Jan this year.

My more or less identically specced car ordered early Dec 21 is now anticipated in Q4 according to Kia UK. I'd expect it to come before yours!

Not sure your dealer was being totally straight, or just very, very optimistic.

Bruce
Mine too ordered in December 21 and expected q4 2022

21 - 40 of 53 Posts