Kia EV Forum banner

UK EV6 Orders in progress

44K views 187 replies 54 participants last post by  GMC92 
#1 ·
For UK only members (sorry!) - Has anyone seen any delays from the quoted 30 weeks from KIA on deliveries in the UK?
I ordered my EV6 GT Line S in Glacier White with additional Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps on 03 March 2022 with the delivery quoted as last week of September or Early October 2022 from KIA in Southampton.
I was in the dealership this week and they just said there no updates on progress!
Thank you and happy driving

#156 ·
KEN--EV6 GT LINE S AWD WITH HEAT PUMP
Ordered March 22 in Matt Silver, 2 month later told Kia had withdraw colour ( Kia adverts still show car in Matt silver}
changed order to White, then informed my 1st order had to be cancelled and re-ordered in White. Delivery approx 6 months
Now 1 year on my dealer is telling me they have had no communication from Kia as to when my Car will be biult.
So now having waited approx. 52 weeks, if they are now saying 10 weeks for biuld and delivery goodness knows when I
will receive my order.
Fingers crossed

#158 ·
KEN--EV6 GT LINE S AWD WITH HEAT PUMP
Ordered March 22 in Matt Silver, 2 month later told Kia had withdraw colour ( Kia adverts still show car in Matt silver}
changed order to White, then informed my 1st order had to be cancelled and re-ordered in White. Delivery approx 6 months
Now 1 year on my dealer is telling me they have had no communication from Kia as to when my Car will be biult.
So now having waited approx. 52 weeks, if they are now saying 10 weeks for biuld and delivery goodness knows when I
will receive my order.
Fingers crossed
Similar story. Mine was ordered in Feb 22 so just over 13 months now. Originally told July 22! Yacht blue but no heat pump. I’ve given up asking the dealer as they have no clue so I’ll just wait till I get the call.

#161 ·
Oof! I’m glad you have your VIN now, but it doesn’t bode too well for me as my order for the exact same colour/spec was put in 11 months after yours. Guess I might still have a very long wait…

#164 ·
Ordered black GT S line with HP April 2022, previously posted that told when ordered would be April 23 delivery. Updated in Oct would be early Feb, then in Jan told early Jun as not in build. End of Feb was told had a date of 28th April for delivery to UK so early May. Last week got a call to say Kia can't specify a date but to expect between Jun-Oct......yesterday I cancelled and ordered different make, model & a hybrid! My current lease ran out of contract last Sep and unfortunately I'm not prepared to extend any longer...factory ordered and delivery end of May now. Good luck to all still waiting, hopefully you have better news and a car to drive soon! Still only seen about 3 on the road.

#168 ·
Finally decided to email the salesman after waiting since Feb 2022 with no updates whatsoever. Turns out the salesman has left the dealership but the good news is that the car is built, has a VIN and should be in the country on 19th May and ready for pick up at the of May. If I hadn’t been given a date I think I would have cancelled.

#169 ·
So finally had the call yesterday - ordered 06/05/22 and been told it's built and shipped on the 26th, with ETA at the dealership on 30/5. Haven't had any more detail than that yet but will see... They have said though that I need to take delivery within two weeks of it arriving - guessing if I couldn't they would reallocate it to someone else!

AWD GTLS, Yacht Blue with HP

#170 ·
I feel the pain.... seems to be the GT line S AWD.... I ordered mine 20th May 2022 and was told November delivery, then January, then March, then April then May!.... Yesterday I got a new date of 20th June 2023. I too am thinking of cancelling, but struggling to find an alternative! Does anybody have experience of ordering the full on GT? I assume its the same as the specs are almost identical.

#171 ·
I think if you have come this far then you may as well hang on, unless you can find something in stock at a dealer? They are trickling through...

However, I would be very dubious of that 20th June date if they haven't confirmed it has been built. For it to arrive by the 20th June, it would have been built by now and be at sea, probably either on the Morning Pilot or Morning Lucy out of Pyeongtaek (due into the UK on 06/06 and 16/06 respectively). If it is built then they should provide the VIN number - I've got the VIN number for mine and even the UK reg allocated for it.

Was it the dealer who told you the 20th or a broker? My understanding is that dealer's aren't getting the date themselves until after the car has been built and shipped... If my car is on the ship I think it is then the date didn't trickle through to me until after it had been at sea for over two weeks.

#172 ·
I think if you have come this far then you may as well hang on, unless you can find something in stock at a dealer? They are trickling through...

However, I would be very dubious of that 20th June date if they haven't confirmed it has been built. For it to arrive by the 20th June, it would have been built by now and be at sea, probably either on the Morning Pilot or Morning Lucy out of Pyeongtaek (due into the UK on 06/06 and 16/06 respectively). If it is built then they should provide the VIN number - I've got the VIN number for mine and even the UK reg allocated for it.

Was it the dealer who told you the 20th or a broker? My understanding is that dealer's aren't getting the date themselves until after the car has been built and shipped... If my car is on the ship I think it is then the date didn't trickle through to me until after it had been at sea for over two weeks.
Its a lease company..... so no idea of confirmation of build! I feel they are just kicking the can down the road to keep me hanging on! Like everybody else here, its getting frustrating! It would be nice to have a confirmed date so I can either accept or cancel it, either way I would know, rather than an open ended cycle of excitement and disappointment!

As consumers I am really confused why we are tolerating this!.... I get the end of the pandemic shortages and have complete understanding, but feel this is becoming the norm that we just have to get on with.... I hear stories from BMW that the specs of the delivered cars are being changed (down graded) yet the price is going up... not sure what other industry can sell a product that they do not deliver, and yet we are grateful?! Confusing times!

#173 ·
Dealers DO know when a car is scheduled for build and they have an estimated shipping and arrival date once a vin is issued, my dealer knew 2 weeks prior to my car being built and all the dates following have so far kept to timetable, it all comes down to how much effort a dealer wants to make to keeper the customer updated, mines been great, but some have been rang and told oh your car arrived yesterday and you know that's because they want money!

#174 ·
Sounds like you have a good one!...... most here appear to have bad ones!.... all I know is my date keeps getting delayed, and its starting to turn into a regular '2 weeks prior to delivery there is a new 5 week delay!'..... that's happened 3 times to me now! I can only guess they are still waiting for the build date?!?!.... I don't know, which I guess is the real problem, and have lost all faith in any dates I am told, and frankly will only truly believe it when I am sat in it!

Looks like I've ordered exactly what you have got, but order a couple of months after you... I am jealous!.... hope you are enjoying it!

#177 ·
Wow, that's a long time, especially as I saw one perso. Who dealer bought an Air in runway red in September and got the car in April, does being a lease order change things? When and with which dealer did they order? Seems a crazy wait for an ev6 Air.

#185 ·
So after ordering on 10th May 2022 (or that being when the finance was approved) with Lex Autolease through Gateway2Lease, my GTLS AWD in blue with HP was delivered to me 5th June 2023. It came via a dealer in Derby...

I didn't get a build date at all - just an email on 27th April confirming it had been shipped the previous day, although when I worked it back (it arrived at Southampton on the 14th May) it had clearly been at sea for several weeks prior to the email. That was the only communication that G2L received other than the typical six month ETA. So there is obviously a lag in the system being updated and sending out updates...

What I can say though is that it is a phenomenal car and definitely worth the wait, even if there is a slight glitch with the navigation mapping (it sometimes thinks the 70mph average speed camera section of the A1 near my house is a 30mph limit, then panics that I am doing over double..!). So far though that is the only niggle I have come across.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.