Kia EV Forum banner

UK EV6 Orders in progress

44K views 187 replies 54 participants last post by  GMC92 
#1 ·
For UK only members (sorry!) - Has anyone seen any delays from the quoted 30 weeks from KIA on deliveries in the UK?
I ordered my EV6 GT Line S in Glacier White with additional Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps on 03 March 2022 with the delivery quoted as last week of September or Early October 2022 from KIA in Southampton.
I was in the dealership this week and they just said there no updates on progress!
Thank you and happy driving

#2 ·
Plenty here about delivery times if you search.

I am very surprised you were quoted 30 weeks from an order this March, especially that spec. A year seems to be more typical on orders since Jan this year.

My more or less identically specced car ordered early Dec 21 is now anticipated in Q4 according to Kia UK. I'd expect it to come before yours!

Not sure your dealer was being totally straight, or just very, very optimistic.

Bruce

#3 ·
I ordered my car a couple of weeks after you, dealer said Q1 2023 most likely March, but he did say this could quite easily be longer or if your very lucky a few weeks earlier.
He pointed out that Kia went from monthly predictions to quarterly from Feb 2022 onwards and no dealer or lease company will get notified of status until a build date is given by the factory.
I think expectations of a Sept/Oct delivery on a March order is very optimistic in the extreme, especially now Matte Grey has been removed... But hope your dealer is right for your sake.

#4 ·
Your see a whole thread discussing delays and delivery issues here.

Reactions: Ianw68
#13 ·
When i ordered GTLS in FEb 2022 my dealer also said 30 weeks.

It then pushed back to September than "Q4 2022"

Earlier this week they emailed to say "no news on your car"

I would consider myself "lucky" if the car arrives before end of year. 12 months lead time for this spec seems likely.

#17 ·
Thanks Ian, has the dealer updated you or did you get this info elsewhere please?
My understanding is that KIA notify you when the car goes into build and nothing seems to be forthcoming before this key milestone in their process.
Thank you and Happy Driving

#19 ·
I ordered my EV6 GT Line S in Blue with an additional Heat Pump on 20th November 2021 From Arnold Clark Kia Edinburgh with the delivery quoted as of December 2021 I was then told March 2022
Now could be July 2022 / Feb 2023. I have seen quite a few running around. Very frustrating. It looks like by the time I get the car I will have had two children put them, through school and university. and probably remarried Come on get the dealers to inform the customers, not the customers to call the dealers

#20 ·
i ordered same spec 23rd November from Kia Inverness still nothing from them I have called in a couple of times but they just fob me off i am close to cancelling order due to lack of customer service from them appreciate Kia not telling them much but the odd call wouldn't go a miss

#21 ·
Hi, i ordered a GT line S RWD in White (no heat pump) on the 30th November - Factory registered the order on the 2nd December 2021. Original Delivery date quoted was March 2022. Of course it has slipped!. I went into the dealers in Shrewsbury on Friday, and have now been told that delivery will be somewhere between August 2022 and February 2023!

J

#23 ·
Yes its good news that the price has went up. The down side is that in Nov 21 I was offered £16.500 in a trade in. I went on line and got a valuation from Arnold Clark, the dealer who I have ordered the car from, This time I was offered £14.000
so in seven months I am down £2,500 I am going to give it anther few weeks and look at buying a Genesis they have similar spec cars, at a similar price, with cars all ready in stock Its a shame I really wanted the EV6.

#29 ·
Same car ordered pretty much the same time and as of yesterday the dealer said it should arrive around 10 September.
The only question is will it be a 2023 version as I read somewhere that they have made very minor updates to cars starting to be built in July.

#35 ·
Did you know that lots of orders from Early November 2021 have entered build now, if you hold on another 2 or 3 weeks you will probably find your build date allocated, unless you really don't want an ev6 now, it would be a shame if you do want an ev6 to cancel after 8 months, when you're car is so close to a build date, the frustration is the dealers know nothing until that date is confirmed and I can understand how you feel, but is it really worth throwing 8 months waiting away?

#36 ·
I contacted my dealer on Monday last week ( the 18th July ) and after some discussion found out that my car was now 6th in line on their order book. My car was ordered on the 30th November and the order was registered by the factory on the 2nd December, and is a GTLS RWD. He also advised me that 4 of the cars in front of my order are now in manufacture and are all AWD. The other car in front of mine is an identical white RWD car, and that car and my car are the oldest orders still on their books! When will it be built and when will I get it ??????? I leave that to your imagination!

#39 ·
My car was ordered was ordered on November as well called my Arnold Clark Edinburgh the said may be Sep or Jan
fingers crossed its September. Just out of interested were you given a order number from the dealer when they ordered your car or on your contract.
Yes, on the finance form on the bottom left it it shows it as an ME 2022 model followed by what I assume is the order number.
As soon as the dealership gets build notification for your car from Kia they should let you know. Good luck!

#46 ·
I ordered a white GTLS RWD with no HP on the 30th November 2021 order confirmed by the factory 2nd December 2021. Still waiting and no sign I will get it any time soon. Apparently car ordered well after mine have been delivered, but not mine. I understand from my dealer that he was at a kia UK event a coupld of weeks ago at london and kKia UK had EV6s coming out of their ears - in his own words!

#47 ·
I have seen literally only a handful of EV 6s around West London. They are still quite rare and it may be possible that that Kia planned a big September delivery because that’s when the registration plate changes. The UK it seems has been quite low down their priority list compared to USA.

#49 ·
Order acceptance date 2/12/21 Latest up-date - as of 20/9/22, my dealer advises me that although it has 5 AWDs allegedly arriving this month, it hasn't seen a RWD delivery in a significant time. according to him my order is now the oldest unfulfilled EV6 order on their books - by many weeks. At this point I am loosing the will to live! I no longer have any confidence that it will ever arrive! My dealer keeps saying platitudes like 'we are going to be REALLY excited when it arrives!' (sic) Realistically, with build and shipping times, I doublt it will arrive before 2023 - and that is 13 months of waiting. So the price has gone up - so what! - is the price rise really any value against 13 months of your life? After all of the aggro, the frustration, the waiting, the complete lack of ANY meaningfull information from Kia, who appear to be completely unable to manage their customers properly. (If I had ordered through the internet I would be screaming SCAM!), I have to admit that I am really wondering if I will ever be happy with the car - no matter how good it is. My Brother-in-law ordered an e-Niro 4 weeks ago and delivery of that is Mid October - has Kia actually thiought just HOW happy that will make its long time waiting customers feel? Have KIA considered that if they treat 'new to them' customers like this, do they actually expect them to come back a second time? My marketing training cleary taught me that it is far easier to keep a customer than it is to get new ones, and that when you have lost a customer - you are never able to get them back!

#50 ·
I've been told my GT Line RWD ordered in march is due next month. All I can say is if it hasn't come yet, you could be lucky and get an MY23. The GTL-S models seem to take forever. I'm quite glad I ordered a GTL given the lead time and crappy sound on the GTLS

#53 ·
Ordered mine earlier this week (GTLS RWD). Two weeks ago I was told that delivery times to the UK was for July next year. This weekend another dealer told us it was "Q3 2023" so July to September. Looks like I might be twiddling my thumbs a little longer.

#56 ·
I have had notification that my car (GTLS RWD) is now in manufacture with a shipping date about 28/10, arrival about the 1st week December, and with the dealer just before Christmas. Down as a 23MY - only 12 1/2 months of waiting! it might appear that a batch of GTLS RWD have just gone through after the MY change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.