Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as we nudge nearer October and the supposed delivery dates for early UK orders, has anyone yet heard from the dealers about test drives (*I was told September for this), or estimated delivery dates?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have seen on another forum that someone had been given a delivery date in the UK of 4th November. Apparently shipment will be in the UK 24th Oct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had very first drive today of demonstrator delivered this week to our dealer. GT line S RWD. Thoroughly impressed and they have projected delivery date for my GT Line S RWD for 10 November. This is a replacement for my 3 year old Jaguar I-Pace and I am thoroughly impressed. In comparison with Jag I consider it an upgrade!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had very first drive today of demonstrator delivered this week to our dealer. GT line S RWD. Thoroughly impressed and they have projected delivery date for my GT Line S RWD for 10 November. This is a replacement for my 3 year old Jaguar I-Pace and I am thoroughly impressed. In comparison with Jag I consider it an upgrade!
Really? That is impressive. My friend has an ipace SE, it's a very nice car. What are the differences, good and bad?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have now taken delivery of a GT line S AWD and remain impressed. The I-Pace is a well built car and a delight to drive. However in the nearly 4 years since it became available they have made no progress and the systems are quite dated.

Journey charging rates in the Jaguar are poor and the range efficiency pretty poor. In my first attempt at an ultra rapid charger the Kia was charging at well over 100 Kw. The Jaguar never achieved anything over 75Kw.

I have already completed on journey in the EV6 in mixed conditions (no motorway) and travelled 162 miles on 50% of battery. Much better than the Jaguar.

The driver interface is much better with switches on the steering wheel to adjust regeneration etc. The timed charging works much better and the over-ride button in the charging port pure genius. In the Jaguar you had to fiddle for ages to turn off timed charging when turning up to a public charger.

The Kia Connect app works reasonably well but definitely needs work as for instance the report on charging and charge level is very inconsistent.

The build quality is very good on the EV6 and is not a disappointment. In all for a vehicle with a very good specification where the Jaguar equivalent in the UK costs at least £25,000 more it makes the I-Pace look like complete rip off.

That is just some thoughts and I hope is helpful.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,977 Posts
Paid early July, delivery date unknown.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Test drove GT Line S AWD on 23 November, ordered GT LINE S AWD that day and delivered to me on 3 December 2021. That's what I call service :D:D
Really, did it have a pre-heater?

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Must have been available somewhere. What colour is it?
Guess its white as he's got a picture of a white car as he's ID picture.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did see a post yesterday from a Kia garage in Leicester which had a red EV6 Gt Line S AWD in stock for sale, unfortunately not with the heat pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a GT S AWD (no heat pump) in early Oct and......nothing! Chased after xmas and told there is an issue with sunroof chips and car had not yet even appeared on Kia site to be built. No dates given (was told initially Feb/March) and guesstimate is June 2022. This order is with a small dealer ( they say they have only 2 EV6 orders) and I am wondering if this is why I seem to be at the back of the queue. Either way, comms is crap and service not what others seem to be getting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts