Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first test drive of the Kia EV6 long range AWD today and it was great. Currently I have a fist addition E-Niro and I will compare this to the EV6. First impressions were very good with a certain amount of familiarity to the Niro. The car had just arrived and I was the first person to drive it. After leaving the dealership I had to stop to turn of the irritating artificial sound it was making. I then had trouble turning on the drivers heating as I did not realise it had left and right control knobs! In driving the 23miles to the dealership from home, my Niro achieved 3.7 miles/Kw (10 DegC). The same trip in the EV6 achieved 3.6 miles/Kw. Not bad considering its size and weight. I was also pleased I could adjust things and it would be remembered i.e., switching off the lane assist function. The great advances on my Niro I noticed in this first test drive where, the screen projection, blind spot warnings, driver 1 and 2 personal settings, the automatic setting back of driver’s seat when switching off, and as said before the dual heat setting. I also drove it for 25 miles at 71mph and achieved 3.1/3.2 miles/Kw. The Niro would start of at this level for the first 20 or so miles and then slowly climb to 3.9. We will have to see how far the EV6 figure goes under the same conditions. The driving position was great and the brakes exceptionally strong. The steering was very responsive compared to the Niro with a small movement causing the car to turn very abruptly. Should be good for fast cornering. Acceleration was fantastic as expected. One small difference I observed was regeneration breaking to a stop. On the Niro it was consistent right up to the final stop. On the EV6, it seemed to peter out as it approached standstill. This caused me to have to remember to start stopping earlier or use the footbrake at the end. Overall, a fantastic drive and I cannot wait for mine to arrive. My wife also loved the red colour and the seats so double thumbs up

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had my first test drive of the Kia EV6 long range AWD today and it was great. Currently I have a fist addition E-Niro and I will compare this to the EV6. First impressions were very good with a certain amount of familiarity to the Niro. The car had just arrived and I was the first person to drive it. After leaving the dealership I had to stop to turn of the irritating artificial sound it was making. I then had trouble turning on the drivers heating as I did not realise it had left and right control knobs! In driving the 23miles to the dealership from home, my Niro achieved 3.7 miles/Kw (10 DegC). The same trip in the EV6 achieved 3.6 miles/Kw. Not bad considering its size and weight. I was also pleased I could adjust things and it would be remembered i.e., switching off the lane assist function. The great advances on my Niro I noticed in this first test drive where, the screen projection, blind spot warnings, driver 1 and 2 personal settings, the automatic setting back of driver’s seat when switching off, and as said before the dual heat setting. I also drove it for 25 miles at 71mph and achieved 3.1/3.2 miles/Kw. The Niro would start of at this level for the first 20 or so miles and then slowly climb to 3.9. We will have to see how far the EV6 figure goes under the same conditions. The driving position was great and the brakes exceptionally strong. The steering was very responsive compared to the Niro with a small movement causing the car to turn very abruptly. Should be good for fast cornering. Acceleration was fantastic as expected. One small difference I observed was regeneration breaking to a stop. On the Niro it was consistent right up to the final stop. On the EV6, it seemed to peter out as it approached standstill. This caused me to have to remember to start stopping earlier or use the footbrake at the end. Overall, a fantastic drive and I cannot wait for mine to arrive. My wife also loved the red colour and the seats so double thumbs up
Thank you for your review. I tried to see how to set up automatic setting back of driver’s seat when switching off but could not find where to set it. Do you by any chance remember where in the menu you set it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main objective was to get some idea of the efficiency of the EV6 compared to the Niro. From start to finish I had problems making the car work as I wanted it to. As I said before, it started with the internal noise generation and heater issues. When I got home to show the car to my wife, I switched it off. When I switched it on it asked me was I driver 1 or 2? I said 1. It then changed every thing for example metric instead of imperial. This took some time to find out how to change things back. I then noticed the current trip details had been reset. The movement of the chair seamed to work all the time. The one thing i could not change was the black background of the screens. I could not see the map in daylight. The dealer had a play with the system and changed it to a white background. It would appear that you can set a timescale to change from Black to white but we could not see an automatic process to change from daylight to night time. You can be assured that there is a facility for the chair to move back automatically when you switch off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My main objective was to get some idea of the efficiency of the EV6 compared to the Niro. From start to finish I had problems making the car work as I wanted it to. As I said before, it started with the internal noise generation and heater issues. When I got home to show the car to my wife, I switched it off. When I switched it on it asked me was I driver 1 or 2? I said 1. It then changed every thing for example metric instead of imperial. This took some time to find out how to change things back. I then noticed the current trip details had been reset. The movement of the chair seamed to work all the time. The one thing i could not change was the black background of the screens. I could not see the map in daylight. The dealer had a play with the system and changed it to a white background. It would appear that you can set a timescale to change from Black to white but we could not see an automatic process to change from daylight to night time. You can be assured that there is a facility for the chair to move back automatically when you switch off.
Following my test drive I have updated my efficiency figures and below is my updated graph
Product Rectangle Slope Font Plot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts