Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been periodically checking comparethemarket.com and they now have the EV6 available in the insurance configurator.

As yet no insurer returns a quotation.

gocompare.com still do not list the EV6.

Has anyone obtained a quote from any insurer as yet?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
How you guys done with the insurance, will be needing to look into this soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,962 Posts
I have insured my EV6 GT line S AWD with Direct Line for £80 less than my I-Pace.
Thats good.

Been with Direct Line for around 20 years and they want to charge me 631.03 pounds.

Go on compare the market and from leading insurers I am getting 320.00 pounds from Avia and Hasting Direct.

Can go under 300 pounds with companies I had not heard of.

So my Direct Line relationship looks like its coming to an end.

·
Super Moderator
2,962 Posts
Yes it appears some insurers want there customers to stay where as others get too big for there boots and treat customers like crap regardless of any PR marketing crap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I collect my EV6 next Wednesday and so not yet registered although I have the reg number and my insurance (General Accident) has quoted about the same as my insurance for my Peugeot 3008 diesel worth £24k. Seems very reasonable to me.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
I collect my EV6 next Wednesday and so not yet registered although I have the reg number and my insurance (General Accident) has quoted about the same as my insurance for my Peugeot 3008 diesel worth £24k. Seems very reasonable to me.....
I haven't tried for a quote yet as my car is still 6 months away at least, but I can recommend Quotemehappy.com overall as an insurer. They are online only, so no good if you ever need to add/change things on a policy. I've been with them for about 5 years and my renewals always come in lower than the previous year (even after an "at fault" claim).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Seems car insurance much less costly for UK drivers. Litigation costs in US make it a lot more expensive. Have to over insure in case some #[email protected]&#$ with no insurance slams into your car at an intersection and then sues you for being in the way...lol

Will be paying about $2k a year on the EV6 but that's with maximum coverage amounts and an additional rider within our personal liability policy. Just about 300 more than the 2018 Ford Explorer we sold.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Seems car insurance much less costly for UK drivers. Litigation costs in US make it a lot more expensive. Have to over insure in case some #[email protected]&#$ with no insurance slams into your car at an intersection and then sues you for being in the way...lol

Will be paying about $2k a year on the EV6 but that's with maximum coverage amounts and an additional rider within our personal liability policy. Just about 300 more than the 2018 Ford Explorer we sold.
Most policies I've taken out before have around £20k personal liability with something like £30 addon to the policy to go up to £100k in total for all passengers. Having the NHS is a big benefit as all crash injuries are treated free, so it's just therapy and compo they need to cover I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts