Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up.
I ordered a Kia EV6 GT S AWD In late July for a spring delivery.
Just went into the configurator and they’ve added.
LED Puddle lights at £142
and LED Footwell Illumination at £140.
So if you haven’t had a build date you may possibly
want to add them if you feel you need them.
i emailed my dealership to have them added as I would find them
useful to have.
Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know.
with a high specification car.
Its miserly that puddle lights and footwell LED’s as well as
mats and also locking wheel nuts aren’t standard.

In the UK configurator they are all add on at cost extra accessories.
My dealer gave me NO extras when I ordered, sadly.

·
Registered
GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
135 Posts
These are all the extras my trim is the highest top whack everything and even so
these extras are all payable!!
The current EV6 spec sheet shows that all UK models get locking wheel nuts and charging cables as standard.

John.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went into my dealership to ask some questions.
Basically, the LED puddle and LED footwells are not part of any specs as standard. They are classed as accessories and they are dealer fitted once the car gets to the dealership.

As I wanted the LED’s I’ve had them added to my car order and they will be fitted for when the cars collected.

I stress again they aren’t part of a build but can be added and fitted by the dealership.

The only other build option you can add and which isn’t in the Uk configurator is the heat pump, this can only be added by the dealership manually and I’ve been informed it’s a factory fitted option. The heat pump doesn't show up in the online UK configurator.

Yes, locking wheel nuts and chargers are standard for all trim level EV6’s.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll probably add the LED's when I chat to them next. Not really worried about anything else.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't think the EV6 needs footwell lights, the ambient light shines down there pretty well. Although, the Kia kit on offer is just red or white. Can get those kits online for much cheaper than what Kia is offering lol. Same as the puddle lights, which require drilling into the door metal, maybe Kia would fit for you if you ordered directly, doubt it though. They would be extra to fit possibly?. Footwell lights would be an easy addition. No drilling into your new £50k car tho lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think you'll find the cost of the puddle lights are a dealer fit option and therefore include fitting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My GT-Line S arrives in 10 days, so just looking at accessories. The images on the accessories page are either terrible or missing, the dealer hasn't been much help either.

Does anyone have an images of what the puddle and footwell lights look like in real life?

Also, anyone know what the alloy wheel kits are? They clearly aren't a set of wheels for that price... maybe the plastic aero-inserts?
Rectangle Window Font Material property Screenshot

·
Registered
968 Posts
I know, the Kia site is a little bit of a mess, the photos will come.

Alloy wheel kit.... weird. Not seen these yet!

Not sure on the puddle lights, waiting to get new Kia logos ones instead of just white, takes a lot of drilling and wiring to put them in my dealer told me, but dealer confirmed they need extra kit for it, Kia Cable Kit For Puddle Lights and possibly the car for up to 5 days! they are very busy I think. Shame the EV6 don't have a hole there, kind of silly you need to drill the door, anyway, they would look good in the new Kia logo.

Footwell lights, never bothered with these yet, Ambient lights seems to do the trick for me in most colours apart from red. Green and yellow really lights up the footwells in my car for sure.

I am fairly sure footwell lights would be an easy install as would be the puddle lights, just finding what wire controls them would be the hard work, although to avoid faffing about get the dealer to do it :).

I seen a Korean YT video of a guy rewiring his EV6 front lights doing something to the emergency LED animation instead of just flashing emergency LEDs front he managed to change them to dynamic side to side. Looking though his other videos, it seems the EV6 can be modified fairly easily, hoping to get the LED animation when you unlock your car in the future, only Korean cars got those I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Normally I'd install these myself, but someone shared the installation manual for the puddle lighting on another forum somewhere (i can't find the link right now)... it looked a right faff, and as you say involves drilling a brand new £50k car. No thanks.

I probably won't go for the footwell lighting, it'll likely spoil the ambient lights anyway. Puddle lights can be genuinely useful though.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff the Korean cars can do that ours can't, it's a real shame. I didn't realise the unlock animation was one though. Apparently they can use the builtin cameras as dashcams too, that'd be useful.

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red beginning December 2021
67 Posts
My GT-Line S arrives in 10 days, so just looking at accessories. The images on the accessories page are either terrible or missing, the dealer hasn't been much help either.

Does anyone have an images of what the puddle and footwell lights look like in real life?

Also, anyone know what the alloy wheel kits are? They clearly aren't a set of wheels for that price... maybe the plastic aero-inserts? View attachment 4165
I think the alloy wheel kit is a single wheel rim🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
968 Posts
Normally I'd install these myself, but someone shared the installation manual for the puddle lighting on another forum somewhere (i can't find the link right now)... it looked a right faff, and as you say involves drilling a brand new £50k car. No thanks.

I probably won't go for the footwell lighting, it'll likely spoil the ambient lights anyway. Puddle lights can be genuinely useful though.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff the Korean cars can do that ours can't, it's a real shame. I didn't realise the unlock animation was one though. Apparently they can use the builtin cameras as dashcams too, that'd be useful.
Hood Purple Automotive design Automotive lighting Azure

I agree, something I would also do as a DIY. Plenty light down in the foot wells, not sure why folks would need more. Do they only go on when car is parked and doors open?. It's only been 3 months since I have up my Audi A4 which had them and now I can't even remember. Not sure if I could drive a manual car now either lol

I tested out those LED strips that go behind your Tv in my footwells, looks was too much, USB powered. Might use them under seats… maybe lol. Maybe just to much.

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red beginning December 2021
67 Posts
Reactions: ewan and arnsbrae

·
Registered
968 Posts
Decent price for a single rim, although seen nicer looking wheels cheaper. I had a few compliments on the middle UK GT Line wheels from other EV owners but I don't like them. They are full alloy, no plastic like other EVs. Tesla hide their amazing alloys with plastic trim to help range, who cares about... 5...10-15miles range loss..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.