Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,

Had the car 4 weeks now and my supply Garage has no clue how to solve the fact that I can't climatise my car (GT Line with Heat Pump) despite looking at it recently.

Using KIA Connect it gives you all the right feeling that it's doing it, only for me to get in a frozen car but have a nice warm Steering Wheel ! Go figure !!

Just like to know if I'm the only one with this issue or someone has had it resolved and how, thanks in advance...

Best, Ernie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Mine is GT Line S - no heat pump, but same problem as is the case with many on here (vaious threads about this). I am booked into the dealer on Friday to have them replace the internal alarm sensors (setting off the alarm all the time unless disabled every time you leave the car) and apparently there are other updates they are going to do including one addressing this problem so I will post up if it fixes it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Suffolkfox44,

Thanks for the confirmation that it isn't just me !

These sensors you are having replaced are probably the same that are being replaced on mine, but I'm not convinced that's the reason to be honest as a couple of times the Alarm has gone off a minute after notifying me that Charging has completed so...quite what that has to do with the sensors is anyones guess.

As a original i3 driver I'm getting a case of deja vu in that it was about 18 months before the BMW techies at my local garage got up to speed with the car...being one of the early adopters the i3 User Group that was formed on FaceBrag (it's the only time I've ever used it otherwise...) was essential in getting quality info out of BMW HQ in Farnborough.

We organised 2 User Group Days in the first 3 years at the HQ facility where we got to meet the top UK techs and look at the i3 completely stripped down including inside the battery etc, terrific info which helped those that attended to understand the ins and outs of the car enormously.

Incidentally I thought the GT Line S had the Heat Pump included ? Which is why I went for it as being IMHO the only extra of interest on the GT Line...I would have thought it would be as it was a £ 5k hike if I remember correctly...

Have to admit though when I see 280 miles on a 5 Deg C morning fully charged I'm curious as to what exactly the Heat Pump is actually doing for me ! So you may not be missing much ;-) !

Best, Ernie

·
Registered
209 Posts
HI Guys,

Had the car 4 weeks now and my supply Garage has no clue how to solve the fact that I can't climatise my car (GT Line with Heat Pump) despite looking at it recently.

Using KIA Connect it gives you all the right feeling that it's doing it, only for me to get in a frozen car but have a nice warm Steering Wheel ! Go figure !!

Just like to know if I'm the only one with this issue or someone has had it resolved and how, thanks in advance...

Best, Ernie
I'm stunned that your dealer doesn't know about it. That would worry me, but there are issues with software logic that there haven been fixes for which your supplying dealer should be applying. There are also issues for some where the app is being mooted as needing an update.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have to admit though when I see 280 miles on a 5 Deg C morning fully charged I'm curious as to what exactly the Heat Pump is actually doing for me ! So you may not be missing much ;-) !

Best, Ernie
The heat pump will simply provide a more efficient way of heating and recovering 19% of the loss from heating and cold temps. If you are getting 280 miles range with a heat pump then it's doing its job :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm stunned that your dealer doesn't know about it. That would worry me, but there are issues with software logic that there haven been fixes for which your supplying dealer should be applying. There are also issues for some where the app is being mooted as needing an update.
Although retired now I spent 30+ years in IT so for sure this is most likely an APP issue...and as I stated all the dealers are going to take a fair amount of time to come up to speed, depending on how well KIA UK communicate with them...

I even suggested when I took it in to get it looked at that they have a KIA UK Tech there but...

As I use the i3 to take my teen soon to School it's always well toastie in the morning so I'm being somewhat sanguine about it as I'm sure there will be an update for the APP or car, or both to sort it out. More irritating, as I care about the neighbours, is the Alarm issue. It's been 2 weeks and no notice if the part is in yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Although retired now I spent 30+ years in IT so for sure this is most likely an APP issue...and as I stated all the dealers are going to take a fair amount of time to come up to speed, depending on how well KIA UK communicate with them...

I even suggested when I took it in to get it looked at that they have a KIA UK Tech there but...

As I use the i3 to take my teen soon to School it's always well toastie in the morning so I'm being somewhat sanguine about it as I'm sure there will be an update for the APP or car, or both to sort it out. More irritating, as I care about the neighbours, is the Alarm issue. It's been 2 weeks and no notice if the part is in yet.
TBH, Kia UK are pants and are not proactive, it takes the service dept in the dealers to take the initiative to get anything done. That said, the chain of Dealer>Kia UK>Kia Europe>Hyundai Autover (app devs) isn't helping things either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The heat pump will simply provide a more efficient way of heating and recovering 19% of the loss from heating and cold temps. If you are getting 280 miles range with a heat pump then it's doing its job :)
Well, maybe not because stated mileage range is 318 is it not ? Isn't the HP meant to bring it up to 'normal' conditions ?

So it starts out at 280 and then when you put the internal Heater on it drops to 250 wish so...

When is it working ? Constantly ? Haven't yet got a clear answer from the Garage other than my mileage is better than someone that doesn't have one which I would have thought might have freaked out owners that aren't aware of winter effects on batteries...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TBH, Kia UK are pants and are not proactive, it takes the service dept in the dealers to take the initiative to get anything done. That said, the chain of Dealer>Kia UK>Kia Europe>Hyundai Autover (app devs) isn't helping things either.
Oh, dear, that's not what I was hoping to hear !

I wonder if anyone at KIA HQ is curious enough to monitor these threads (BMW HQ had 2 guys connected to the FB Group we set up...) and if not why not ?

·
Registered
209 Posts

I wonder if anyone at KIA HQ is curious enough to monitor these threads (BMW HQ had 2 guys connected to the FB Group we set up...) and if not why not ?
The won't monitor these threads - they monitor the UK owners club site

·
Registered
209 Posts

The one thing I will say is that if you have a good service dept in your dealer (I do) then they get a lot out of Kia tech, notwithstanding the issues with supply chain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, it's supposed to recover 19% of the loss.

That's great info, pity it doesn't cover the EV6 but I'm sure it's pretty similar...

As I've been used to seeing as little as 45 mile range on a frosty morn in my i3 it's still a heck of a lot more !

At least no more driving to London at 56 mph freezing my ass off !!

Again thanks for that info, really useful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI Guys,

Best, Ernie
Try disabling the defrost function in the app
Worked for me - and your car still defrosts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

just went to my car after seeing you Post…

This is what my screen shows, update button shaded out…

How did you get informed ? What’s the procedure for getting an update, is it automatic?
Very pleased for you, this is at least an encouraging sign !!

Update out this morning dated 11 Feb 2022, resolves remote heating :)

View attachment 2370
View attachment 2369
Hi, just went it
Update out this morning dated 11 Feb 2022, resolves remote heating :)

View attachment 2370
View attachment 2369
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You need to go to Official Kia - Navigation Update Website , then follow the instructions :)
[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense, something the Dealer hasn't mentioned at all !!

Just downloaded the Update installer on my MAC but it won't open as it suspects malicious content and that I need to contact the developer !

Going to try with my sons Windows PC, what fun eh ?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts