Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line AWD in Yacht Blue, UK '22' plate
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I ordered my EV6 it was to take ownership in March. However, it's already arrived at the dealer, and I should have the money for it next week.

The question is:

Is it worth hanging on until March (the dealer is happy to hold it) to get the new 22 plate? Or buy as soon as I can, and get a 71 plate?

Given that I'm planning on keeping it for at least 5 years, possibly longer, how much difference will that one plate difference make by then? The dealer said that valuations are usually made on registration date rather than actual plate anyway...

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
I think it will come down to a personal choice, at the time you mention the difference may be small in the value of the car, a few hundred pounds perhaps.

If you can wait I would wait but if you want the car then get is ASAP.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have just sold my I-Pace that was a 1st September 2018 registered model. When I sold it to Motorway, the guy I spoke to said it made £800 difference between an 18 reg and a 68 reg of the same model and mileage. However, the second hand car market is bonkers at the moment, so if that will be true in the future......... who knows?

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
Depends on the Brand, the model.
£800 on a Dacia Sandero is a lot, but not so on a Audi e-Tron.

For the sake of 2 weeks, i would wait.

Regarding second hand market, nearly all dealers use CAP for prices. But in desirable cars they basically are ignoring the book price at present.
I have no idea why there is such a demand for used cars. Dealers fore coarts are full of good cars, so no idea why there is this ‘panic buy’ mentalIty. It will bite them all in the arse in 6-12 months when demand for used cars will drop like a stone and the over inflated prices of cars sat in dealers will plummet.

Very few cars are purchased now outright. 90% are on PCP, Lease deals.

Reactions: Bydandie

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, when I ordered my EV6 it was to take ownership in March. However, it's already arrived at the dealer, and I should have the money for it next week.

The question is:

Is it worth hanging on until March (the dealer is happy to hold it) to get the new 22 plate? Or buy as soon as I can, and get a 71 plate?

Given that I'm planning on keeping it for at least 5 years, possibly longer, how much difference will that one plate difference make by then? The dealer said that valuations are usually made on registration date rather than actual plate anyway...

Thoughts?
Hi can i ask when did you order your

The question is:

Thoughts?
Hi I ordered mine on December 2nd 2021 with RRG Kia dealer. It would be good to know when you placed the order and which dealer. I didn't get any kind of order number when I reserved my Kia. Look forward to your reply 😀

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi can i ask when did you order your

Hi I ordered mine on December 2nd 2021 with RRG Kia dealer. It would be good to know when you placed the order and which dealer. I didn't get any kind of order number when I reserved my Kia. Look forward to your reply 😀
Ordered on 19 November, Hendy Kia in Portsmouth. Was available in late January, but I took possession at the start of March (22 reg)…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered on 19 November, Hendy Kia in Portsmouth. Was available in late January, but I took possession at the start of March (22 reg)…
Thanks for that ...Oh hopefully Kia are working on December orders now. Did you have any kind of reservation order or reference number with kia or anything you could you track.... I'm kind of in the dark and so is my dealer ( they are great, regularly give me update....all be it "sorry still got no delivery time ! ). I sometimes think should I just by a used ev...or hang fire. 🤔

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No - I just went with info passed on by the dealer. I think I got in just before supplies and lead times went crazy…

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
No - I just went with info passed on by the dealer. I think I got in just before supplies and lead times went crazy…
Did yours have a heat pump and was it AWD?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts