Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Just wandered into our local Hyundai/Kia/Genesis dealer to enquire if any Ioniq5s were coming in or, better still, the Genesis GV 60. No, they said, we're too far down state, the Ioniqs are going up to the Chicago area and we don't have clue when the GV 60 will arrive. So, rather disappointed, I went to leave and then spotted the back end of a car that looked familiar. "What's that"
i asked. "Oh, that's a Kia EV6" So I walked into that showroom and found an EV6 - GT-line First Edition ( 633/1500 ). The dealer said they were not expecting it as it wasn't scheduled. It just turned up a few days ago. So I brought my wife the next day, took a test drive, fell for it and did the deal, trading in our 2016 Genesis G80.
Apart from the wicked MAP, we are very happy with the buy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I really hope this dealer didn't sell you someone's reserved First Edition because they're supposed to contact the reservation holder when it arrives and the reservation holder has 10 days to complete the purchase or lease. We've already heard one story of this happening on the forum which is a major screw up by the dealer after the reservation holder waited 9 months for a reserved car.

It's possible that the reservation holder had already canceled their reservation and if they canceled after September 1 then it was too late for the FE to get reassigned to someone on the waiting list and therefore it was still sent to the delivery dealer selected by the original reservation holder which allows them to sell it to anyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like how they told him they weren't expecting it. Like it just showed up so they decided to sell it to him:) I'm betting he paid close to 10K over MSRP. It's amazing how someone can make a close to 60K purchase and not do any research first. True many greedy dealers are getting up to 10-15K ADM, but with just a little research you can find one with almost no markup in most markets. I think I would drive or fly halfway across the country to save 10-15K, and a lot of our members have done just that. My local dealer in MD had two, a FE and a GT Line and they started at 5K over and were down to 1K over when I told them I was waiting for a GT, and didn't plan on paying over MSRP. They agreed that as time goes on that will be the norm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts