Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By sheer luck it turned out that someone turned down an FE that had come in and I happened to call and ... long story short, I am now the proud owner of a new FE EV6 #499/1500.

The entire purchase experience was super smooth, and I got no pushback when I politely declined the various extended warranty packages.

A few questions:

(i) I'm not sure what goodies were offered as past of the FE deal. Does anyone have any word on whether or not I can ask for the "free gifts" as a new FE owner, but not the one that made the reservation? I'm assuming I am not entitled to any of those, but I'd be pleased if I were wrong
(ii) The $2600 "FE" package includes, amongst other things, a 2 year subscription to SiriusXM. I dont see anything in my docs to activate that ... would anyone have any advice for me on how they activated theirs?
(iii) I'm a bit worried that I underestimated the hassle value of the "matte" paint. Is this a new thing with this model or has matte paint been a thing for a while on other cars?

I'm sure I have other questions, but I guess I should stop here and thank this forum for all their past advice and shared wisdom - I don't think I'd have the nerve to buy this car more or less sign unseen if it hadnt been for all the information generously shared here.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
134 Posts
SirusXM should be automatically be in a trial mode; I got my non-FE and it worked right away. I only get the 3 month trial though. If you create an SirusXM account and associate the radio with it (the serial number in the Kia Connect app) it should show you the status.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
90 Posts
(i) I'm not sure what goodies were offered as past of the FE deal. Does anyone have any word on whether or not I can ask for the "free gifts" as a new FE owner, but not the one that made the reservation? I'm assuming I am not entitled to any of those, but I'd be pleased if I were wrong
I replied to the same question in this thread

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new car.

·
Registered
22 G-Line RWD Yacht Blue
88 Posts
SirusXM should be automatically be in a trial mode; I got my non-FE and it worked right away. I only get the 3 month trial though. If you create an SirusXM account and associate the radio with it (the serial number in the Kia Connect app) it should show you the status.
And if you already have a SiriusXM subscription, you can add the new car to your account. Or, like I just did, you can transfer the subscription from another car. If you already have premium, the time from the other car just gets added on to the new one. Or if you have a lower tier, you'll get Premium for the length of the trial then revert to the previous level.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm still waiting for my reserved FE to arrive. Happy for you though. In my research, Chemical Guys makes a wash product safe for matte paint and a spray on protection product also safe for matte paint that is supposed to last like for up to a year. At the store I visited, the wash bottle was like $12 and the spray on protectant was like $30. I'm not saying these are perfect, but they can get you started for not a lot of money with some cleaning and protection. Then there are other products including ceramics and wraps that go up the walletectomy chain to separate you from your money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts