Kia EV6 Forum banner
541 - 560 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line.
392 Posts
The manifests that frustrate me the most are the ones where you see the quantity, and its significant, but the Commodity is only listed as "Kia Vehicles" with nothing else. like these that came through Hyundai Glovis:

HDGLKRUS0444528027Regular BillHDGL9284764GRAND PHOENIX2022-01-09Brunswick, GAMogpo585 UNT914,059kgKIA CORPORATIONKIA MOTORS AMERICA INCKIA VEHICLES
HDGLKRUS0447902016Regular BillHDGL9713882LAKE GENEVA2022-01-08Port Hueneme, CAPyongtaek1 UNT1,755kgKIA CORPORATIONKIA MOTORS AMERICA INCKIA VEHICLES
HDGLKRUS0447903016Regular BillHDGL9713882LAKE GENEVA2022-01-08Port Hueneme, CAPyongtaek973 UNT1,754,228kgKIA CORPORATIONKIA MOTORS AMERICA INCKIA VEHICLES
HDGLKRUS0447904016Regular BillHDGL9713882LAKE GENEVA2022-01-08Port Hueneme, CAPyongtaek290 UNT517,149kgKIA CORPORATIONKIA MOTORS AMERICA INCKIA VEHICLES
It may be heavy machinery for all we know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Mark
For the charger, those will probably not be delivered for the 3-5 weeks AFTER taking delivery so be ready for that. LOL. They can't arrange and ship the "Free Gift" until you have actually purchased the EV6 and everything processes completely.
It's just dumb. Kia should be having weekly emails promoting the car and have us pay $500 or $1,000 to confirm the reservation and then deliver the charger... or do anything more positive than the nothing they are doing now!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh, it's pretty clear these are Kia cars, and a lot of them have shown up in the past couple days. Heavy machinery, parts - those are listed separately.

What's not clear at all is whether there are any FE's in these 4,000-ish vehicles.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oh, it's pretty clear these are Kia cars, and a lot of them have shown up in the past couple days. Heavy machinery, parts - those are listed separately.

What's not clear at all is whether there are any FE's in these 4,000-ish vehicles.

View attachment 1462
The ones where the shipper is Kia Mexico are definitely not EV6's. Most likely Forte and Rio's

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
The ones where the shipper is Kia Mexico are definitely not EV6's. Most likely Forte and Rio's
This is an accurate statement.

I'm dumbfounded that there isn't an accessible list anywhere that reports what's being imported. LOL

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
110 Posts
Speaking of crash tests, I haven't seen any for the EV6, even outside the US. I don't expect to see the NHTSA and IIHS crash tests until after the car is released in the US.
So far there's only this video I've seen for crash tests but results haven't been shared:

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is an accurate statement.

I'm dumbfounded that there isn't an accessible list anywhere that reports what's being imported. LOL
Conversely, I'm actually surprised that there is this much information available publicly, as it's competitive insights that could be used by other manufacturers. I've been completely unable to find anything comparable here in Canada, so I'm living vicariously here through all my American friends!

Canadian vehicles will likely be delivered to the Port of Vancouver (New Westminster / Annacis, most likely) and possibly Halifax, but we have virtually no insight into this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So far there's only this video I've seen for crash tests but results haven't been shared:

Thanks for the video. It looks like the front crumpled the way it was supposed to and the passenger area sustained minimal damage. I wish I could see what the inside looked like.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In December, Kia reports 5,605 wholesale sales (closely related to production), which includes 1,495 units sold in South Korea, and 4,110 exported.

I'm not sure what this means for the US FEs but at least production is happening at a decent pace. TBH, I don't mind waiting until March or April for my FE so that I get it after the winter is over.
While not having a FE, I certainly am not bothered getting my EX+ Tech Package in the Summer and hopefully getting transferred out of New England so that it never sees a New England salt diet winter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So today I decided to email 5 people from Kia USA including the 2 names from the dealer letter that @MurlinatoR posted up about the lack of communication to FE reservation holders since Oct 28 and also about some reservation holders being told that their FEs will be marked up and I pointed out how Ford is trying to prevent markups on the F-150 Lightning. I referenced the dealer letter to get their attention. I did not get a reply yet but I did get one auto reply about one of the people being out of the office which is a good sign that my email did not get caught in any spam filters. I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a response but I'm hoping that the 2 guys I emailed from the dealer letter will realize that it didn't make much of a difference in terms of communications from dealers or getting dealers to commit to charging MSRP and it will compel Kia USA to do more.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So today I decided to email 5 people from Kia USA including the 2 names from the dealer letter that @MurlinatoR posted up about the lack of communication to FE reservation holders since Oct 28 and also about some reservation holders being told that their FEs will be marked up and I pointed out how Ford is trying to prevent markups on the F-150 Lightning. I referenced the dealer letter to get their attention. I did not get a reply yet but I did get one auto reply about one of the people being out of the office which is a good sign that my email did not get caught in any spam filters. I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a response but I'm hoping that the 2 guys I emailed from the dealer letter will realize that it didn't make much of a difference in terms of communications from dealers or getting dealers to commit to charging MSRP and it will compel Kia USA to do more.
You're the MAN SAM!

·
Registered
218 Posts
You're the MAN SAM!
Thanks. I figured it can't hurt to email them and try to get their attention. After years working in corporate America, I've learned that communication is always one of the biggest problems. I'll bet they're assuming that dealers got the letter from Kia USA and acted on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks. I figured it can't hurt to email them and try to get their attention. After years working in corporate America, I've learned that communication is always one of the biggest problems. I'll bet they're assuming that dealers got the letter from Kia USA and acted on it.
I

I can confirm my dealer was not aware of the letter. Imagine that!

541 - 560 of 736 Posts