Kia EV6 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 FE - Silver & Charger
29 Posts
I finally got responses from Kia Support (2 of 3 messages pleading for information and pricing protection of any kind):

“Good morning. Thank you for contacting the Kia Consumer Assistance Center.
At this time, we do not have any information regarding the MSRP for the EV6.
The final selling price will be determined by the selling dealership.”

“Thank you for contacting Kia America. The Kia dealerships are independently owned and operated, so they are able to set their own pricing on each vehicle as they see fit. As the manufacturer, we simply recommend the MSRP as published on www.kia.com. Although we cannot modify their pricing, we do value your feedback and take these complaints seriously. Please understand your feedback will be documented on file here at headquarters and forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel for review.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Kia Consumer Assistance Center at (800) 333-4542 and refer to your case number and we will be happy to assist you.”

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
110 Posts
I finally got responses from Kia Support (2 of 3 messages pleading for information and pricing protection of any kind):

“Good morning. Thank you for contacting the Kia Consumer Assistance Center.
At this time, we do not have any information regarding the MSRP for the EV6.
The final selling price will be determined by the selling dealership.”

“Thank you for contacting Kia America. The Kia dealerships are independently owned and operated, so they are able to set their own pricing on each vehicle as they see fit. As the manufacturer, we simply recommend the MSRP as published on www.kia.com. Although we cannot modify their pricing, we do value your feedback and take these complaints seriously. Please understand your feedback will be documented on file here at headquarters and forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel for review.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Kia Consumer Assistance Center at (800) 333-4542 and refer to your case number and we will be happy to assist you.”

Generic response :( At this point, I'm willing to reach out to the VP of sales for KIA America or VP of Marketing. It's not that hard to find them through LinkedIn. We'll see once information is out and sales start to happen for the FE.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You're the MAN SAM!
Thats awesome! hopefully they do get back to you. If anything we can reach out to the head of the departments of KIA America to get their attention on this matter. It's not hard to find them through LinkedIn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was checking on prices for a SEL Ioniq 5 in Baltimore suburb. They were adding $5000 over the sticker price for what it's worth. Local dealers here in South Central Pa. are still at sticker price with no discounts except the usual from the factory. $500 Military and Student. Dealers are not swapping cars to meet other area demands. Ioniq 5 SE are available at several dealers. Limited are nowhere to be found. SEL in some place last a few days.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was checking on prices for a SEL Ioniq 5 in Baltimore suburb. They were adding $5000 over the sticker price for what it's worth. Local dealers here in South Central Pa. are still at sticker price with no discounts except the usual from the factory. $500 Military and Student. Dealers are not swapping cars to meet other area demands. Ioniq 5 SE are available at several dealers. Limited are nowhere to be found. SEL in some place last a few days.
Fwiw, the Hyundai website does say the small battery and the limited will come later in 2022

·
Registered
218 Posts
Generic response :( At this point, I'm willing to reach out to the VP of sales for KIA America or VP of Marketing. It's not that hard to find them through LinkedIn. We'll see once information is out and sales start to happen for the FE.
Thats awesome! hopefully they do get back to you. If anything we can reach out to the head of the departments of KIA America to get their attention on this matter. It's not hard to find them through LinkedIn.
I think I've commented before that it would be good if a lot of people contact Kia USA with the concerns about dealer markup to force Kia to address it. However based on the standard response that @Lightning44 got for his inquiry leads me to believe that Kia has already received a lot of calls/emails about it and isn't going to do anything to prevent it. I really don't think they've really considered how bad of an experience it will be for FE reservation holders to have the dealer that they selected for delivery add on a markup after waiting 9+ months for the car especially if it's a large markup making the car unaffordable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's what I'm speculating is happening. If Kia plans on selling 10,000 or more EV6s in 2022 in the USA, they are scrambling to accommodate that and are too busy (that is, disorganized and leaderless) to care about a few hundred disgruntled FE reservation holders as they frantically try to get cars to market.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think I've commented before that it would be good if a lot of people contact Kia USA with the concerns about dealer markup to force Kia to address it. However based on the standard response that @Lightning44 got for his inquiry leads me to believe that Kia has already received a lot of calls/emails about it and isn't going to do anything to prevent it. I really don't think they've really considered how bad of an experience it will be for FE reservation holders to have the dealer that they selected for delivery add on a markup after waiting 9+ months for the car especially if it's a large markup making the car unaffordable.
I get your point, doesn’t hurt to try. If it was meant to be then it was meant to be. It’ll be interesting to see when they do decide to release the prices and deliver the FE. I have a feeling they are waiting for the EV Rebates to be finalized since there are changes to the current rebates.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's what I'm speculating is happening. If Kia plans on selling 10,000 or more EV6s in 2022 in the USA, they are scrambling to accommodate that and are too busy (that is, disorganized and leaderless) to care about a few hundred disgruntled FE reservation holders as they frantically try to get cars to market.
The scrambling to manufacture 10k EV6s for the United States is happening in South Korea so the people in Kia USA marketing and communication aren't involved or busy with that. I do agree that Kia USA might be disorganized because they're not communicating enough with FE reservation holders and they shouldn't have relied on a letter to dealers telling them to communicate with us. However the content of that letter gives me the impression that they consider the FE sales to be very important but the mistake they made was attempting to hand off responsibility of communicating to the dealerships and assuming they would do it. I'd also expect the executives at Kia USA to care about the experiences of the first EV6 owners given that we will be able to share our experiences on social media which will probably be covered by a lot of car websites and blogs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
He’s absolutely right about market conditions and integrity
Yes, I completely agree and he's right that market conditions will return to normal. I respect him for turning down the car after they called back. The issue with the dealerships and their employees who behave this way is that the know customers will still come back. I won't buy cars from Paragon and Koppel dealerships because of past experiences that happened decades ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm focusing on building relationship with the dealer....I jsut want my car at MSRP. I don't expect much from corporate.

I just called Kia Van Nuys, CA cause I got a text for test drive but it was automated. I spoke to Marilyn in sales who was very nice and told me that they expecting the Kia EV6 by end of the month which is interesting. I asked about prices and she said some of them will go for MSRP and some won't so we'll see. She said she'll reach out once it's on the lot. I'm excited but also kinda setting my expectations if they try to sell it to me more than MSRP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Getting your EV6 exactly THREE months ahead of the original scheduled delivery date is crazy.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf, Volvo V60
40 Posts
FWIW, I just emailed my "chosen" dealer in WA state about this. He very clearly stated that they will honor the MSRP for FE orders. Nice that there are some (more) straightforward and honorable dealers out there.

Now my only concern is whether I can get comfortable in the seat with the sunroof (being 6'2")

I just called Kia Van Nuys, CA cause I got a text for test drive but it was automated. I spoke to Marilyn in sales who was very nice and told me that they expecting the Kia EV6 by end of the month which is interesting. I asked about prices and she said some of them will go for MSRP and some won't so we'll see. She said she'll reach out once it's on the lot. I'm excited but also kinda setting my expectations if they try to sell it to me more than MSRP.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
FWIW, I just emailed my "chosen" dealer in WA state about this. He very clearly stated that they will honor the MSRP for FE orders. Nice that there are some (more) straightforward and honorable dealers out there.

Now my only concern is whether I can get comfortable in the seat with the sunroof (being 6'2")
@SirSleepsAlot, also verify if they will be adding dealer accessories that are REQUIRED, verify their doc fee ($180 for us), check to see if they will charge a prep fee, filing fee, or any other such unnecessary fees to tack onto your EV6.

·
Registered
110 Posts
@SirSleepsAlot, also verify if they will be adding dealer accessories that are REQUIRED, verify their doc fee ($180 for us), check to see if they will charge a prep fee, filing fee, or any other such unnecessary fees to tack onto your EV6.

Good to know, I'll email as well so I have it in writing :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hrm, since you brought that up. What fees does you dealership do sans the doc fee you already mentioned. I imagine your dealer won't be adding any accessories that aren't asked for by the customer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
Hrm, since you brought that up. What fees does you dealership do sans the doc fee you already mentioned. I imagine your dealer won't be adding any accessories that aren't asked for by the customer.
Correct Sir. We don't add anything to a guests order unless they request it. Just our doc fee. Very simple.

561 - 580 of 736 Posts