Kia EV6 Forum banner
581 - 600 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
@SirSleepsAlot, also verify if they will be adding dealer accessories that are REQUIRED, verify their doc fee ($180 for us), check to see if they will charge a prep fee, filing fee, or any other such unnecessary fees to tack onto your EV6.
Hrm, since you brought that up. What fees does you dealership do sans the doc fee you already mentioned. I imagine your dealer won't be adding any accessories that aren't asked for by the customer.
Correct Sir. We don't add anything to a guests order unless they request it. Just our doc fee. Very simple.
@MurlinatoR It's good to know that your dealership doesn't add on extra fees and accessories. In NY (where I live) state law limits doc fees to $175 as of August 18, 2021 (it used to be $75) but dealers created other fees to get around the law. When I was shopping for the 2022 Sorento back in Oct/Nov, a lot of dealers had mandatory expensive accessories on top of the crazy markups over MSRP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
7 months ago First Edition reservation holders were presented with the below showing cars shipping in January. 2 week count down begins today.
  • Will Kia deliver?
  • Will Kia update the reservation holder web page?
  • Will Kia or dealers contact FE reservation holders?
What do you think or know?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Anticipated to start January 2022" is an awfully loose guesstimate. I feel pretty comfortable at this stage saying they're not hitting that timeline - and am willing to bet it will still say "anticipated to start January 2022" if you log back in three weeks from now.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
7 months ago First Edition reservation holders were presented with the below showing cars shipping in January. 2 week count down begins today.
  • Will Kia deliver?
I think that Kia is freaking spot on! LOL

"Anticipated to start January 2022" is an awfully loose guesstimate. I feel pretty comfortable at this stage saying they're not hitting that timeline - and am willing to bet it will still say "anticipated to start January 2022" if you log back in three weeks from now.
Check the newest threads showing that they're hitting the ports NOW. This past week hundreds have hit customs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm glad you're optimistic, as you certainly know more about the process than I do - but given that we've got two weeks left in January, I find it hard to believe that we'd actually get from "arrived in port" to "deliveries" before the end of the month. Let's all hope I'm wrong - but even if I'm not, we'll be looking at cars in showrooms shortly, which is great news.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm glad you're optimistic, as you certainly know more about the process than I do - but given that we've got two weeks left in January, I find it hard to believe that we'd actually get from "arrived in port" to "deliveries" before the end of the month. Let's all hope I'm wrong - but even if I'm not, we'll be looking at cars in showrooms shortly, which is great news.
Here's my Ioniq 5 "port to dealer" estimated timeframe from my Hyundai dealer (Kia should be similar):

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don’t know what your reservation page Says but mine reads anticipated shipping to start January 2022 and they have definitely done that

·
Registered
255 Posts
... given that we've got two weeks left in January, I find it hard to believe that we'd actually get from "arrived in port" to "deliveries" before the end of the month. ...
The GA delivery was Jan 10, that's 3 weeks. Totally possible for local dealerships that won't rely on rail. I had a car off a train, on a truck, delivered to a dealer 300 miles away, and PDI'd and detailed in 6 days. That was 2014 and I had someone to pull some strings at the rail yard, but 3 weeks should still be plenty.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 ·
All of this is accurate. The dealers closest to port are definitely going to be close the the end of the month for drops. The guys like me are the farthest away so we've got 3-4 weeks of transit time which puts MY FE as one of the last in the nation to hit my driveway... 😭 😭 😭

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
120 Posts
  • Will Kia deliver?
Anticipated. Not guaranteed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I called my contact at my FE reservation dealer today to see if there was any news/update on the FR. I was told that they had no new info but the car could come in anytime between February and May, per the original target, and that it would depend on "what number my car was in the build order".

This surprised me because all this time, I'd assumed all 1500 FEs were gonna be built in advance and then make their way to our shores more or less together. Not all on the same boat, of course-- but I figured for such a marquis and high-profile vehicle they'd become available en masse, not in dribs and drabs.

Not sure why I thought that.

@MurlinatoR, your thoughts on this, if you wouldn't mind. Are all the FEs likely to drop within a relatively short period of time or will it really take four months for them to roll out?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I called my contact at my FE reservation dealer today to see if there was any news/update on the FR. I was told that they had no new info but the car could come in anytime between February and May, per the original target, and that it would depend on "what number my car was in the build order".

This surprised me because all this time, I'd assumed all 1500 FEs were gonna be built in advance and then make their way to our shores more or less together. Not all on the same boat, of course-- but I figured for such a marquis and high-profile vehicle they'd become available en masse, not in dribs and drabs.

@MurlinatoR, your thoughts on this, if you wouldn't mind. Are all the FEs likely to drop within a relatively short period of time or will it really take four months for them to roll out?
I was Kinda assuming the same thing but now that You mention that
it makes me think there could be a lot more factors involved then I could possibly anticipate
I Just need to not get too excited And
Exhale

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·

Yeah, so I'm expecting most of the FE's to all arrive at around the same time. I believe that they're shipping them all now.

581 - 600 of 736 Posts