Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so the FIRST official useless update on the progress of the EV6 to us here in the US!

Today is the first day that our internal inventory tracking system even recognizes the existence of the EV6. This is VERY good info because this means that they are actively building the vehicle electronically in the system. This is the final step before assigning vehicles to dealers and then having details around pricing and trim levels.

I'm such a dork....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Murlinator, thanks for the updates. I remember you from the early days of the Stinger on the Stinger forums, I think you were also on the Optima forums as well. Always good to have some inside info on upcoming vehicles. Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Murlinator, thanks for the updates. I remember you from the early days of the Stinger on the Stinger forums, I think you were also on the Optima forums as well. Always good to have some inside info on upcoming vehicles. Thanks.
Hahahahahahahaha

That's super funny that you remember me from 4 years ago on the world of the internet! ;-)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, with me being in the KIA family for the past 9 years and having 5 KIA’s, we do run in some similar forums. Didn’t think I would give up the Stinger but since gettin an Optima Hybrid, there has always been a partial EV in the family. Now we have a hybrid and an EV, while not both from KIA, it’s a good fit for us. If the Sorento PHEV had come our with the New Sorento, we would have probably picked one up but, after driving the Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid, we have been thinking about their PHEV.

Oddly enough, in the old days, I used to work in car sales with Hyundai, always thought I would end up with one but that hasn’t happened yet. I’m back in an Audi after 20 years and while a really nice car, I’ve already had some issues with it. Right now things are good but in Audi fashion, who knows how long that will be. The EV6 will most likely be it’s replacement if the issues keep up. The more review videos that come out, shows it to be a great vehicle and good performer without having to get the GT version. I’ll probably forgo the First Edition in hopes of them putting out a version with good range (300+ miles) while having good performance (5 seconds to 60). Heck if they can make vehicles that can go 500+ miles like lucid while not being expensive, they will have a Avery good product on hand. I suspect the Japanese are working on that which is why they are holding back on theirs.

Looking forward to hearing about the EV6 info and that of any new EV from KIA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
500 miles is too far for most ICE cars so a BEV won't make that range until the battery shift happens to solid state. And, it's gonna be stupid money! LOL Telsa is straining to hit the 300's at $50k-$100k price ranges.

The First Edition will push upper 200's on straight highway drives and into the 300's with regular day to day driving around town because of regen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With the way a lot of us drive, we don’t get to see the rated range of the vehicles we purchase. There are a lot of hypermilers out there that strive to get the maximum range out of their vehicles. Heck, when my ‘17 Optima hybrid was new, I did a couple of range tests, by filling it up to the filler neck ( an extra 4 or 5 gallons) and doing my best to driving within the speed limits (wasn’t successful there). That netted me close to 1k miles, 980 something if I recall. I felt that was great, then another forum member posted he got over 1k on his.

That was fueling once ever 3 weeks for my commute at the time, once every 6 weeks when my wife did her commute. It would be nice if EVs can achieve that.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
24 Posts
500 miles is too far for most ICE cars so a BEV won't make that range until the battery shift happens to solid state. And, it's gonna be stupid money! LOL Telsa is straining to hit the 300's at $50k-$100k price ranges.

The First Edition will push upper 200's on straight highway drives and into the 300's with regular day to day driving around town because of regen.
Lucid did just get EPA rated at 520 miles but that is on "stupid money." On the other hand - Lucid Air Pure at $77400 (still high cost but closer to EV6 FE) is EPA rated at 406. As we know, EPA ratings don't always equal real-world numbers but those ranges are definitely being pushed. Don't believe Lucid is solid state.

I do agree we are ways from seeing 400+ or 500+ in $50-60k TVs without some major technological breakthrough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Battery tech keeps improving and it may be in a few years before we get those high numbers from a lot of manufacturers.

I agree on the range difference from EPA ratings. On highway trips,184 is about what I can realistically expect to get before running out of juice. 222 is what it’s rated at and on my commute, without much use of AC,I could achieve and beat that, driving on local roads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make a spot for me to post updates as I receive them for detailed information about arrival and vehicle details.
Thanks for providing this service. So hard to know what to do in the current climate of restricted availability. In that regard --- since all I ahve been able to do is get a place on the wait list for the First Edition, is there anything else you suggest doing in the hope of getting a vehicle sooner rather than later?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for providing this service. So hard to know what to do in the current climate of restricted availability. In that regard --- since all I ahve been able to do is get a place on the wait list for the First Edition, is there anything else you suggest doing in the hope of getting a vehicle sooner rather than later?
Hey NY Spur, I'd recommend calling your 2 or 3 closest dealers. Ask to speak with a sales manager. Ask them to connect you with the smartest sales person they've got. Then, tell them that you want an EV6 and to call you immediately if one of their reservations backs out.

At some point, corporate will open up the ability to place an order for an EV6. Once that comes available, I will reach out to you and I can order one for you and ship it out to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey NY Spur, I'd recommend calling your 2 or 3 closest dealers. Ask to speak with a sales manager. Ask them to connect you with the smartest sales person they've got. Then, tell them that you want an EV6 and to call you immediately if one of their reservations backs out.

At some point, corporate will open up the ability to place an order for an EV6. Once that comes available, I will reach out to you and I can order one for you and ship it out to you.
Wow, that is helpful! I have always been a buy and hold owner --- currently have a 1991 Toyota MR2 turbo, 2007 RAV4 and a 2012 Hyundai Genesis -- and am looking to replace the RAV. I am used to doing my due diligence and negotiating the best deal I can get as a cash purchaser. But I recognize that we are living in an unusual time and my focus is on paying the MSRP while I nurse the RAV along.

Where are you based? (I'm in NY if the user name wasn't clear ;) ). I would be interested in giving you the business if possible and mutually beneficial -- full disclosure -- I am also watching the Hyundai equivalent EV. With a choice of the 2, from my research I would go with the EV6 fully loaded (probably in a different color to the first edition).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where are you based? (I'm in NY if the user name wasn't clear ;) ). I would be interested in giving you the business if possible and mutually beneficial -- full disclosure -- I am also watching the Hyundai equivalent EV. With a choice of the 2, from my research I would go with the EV6 fully loaded (probably in a different color to the first edition).
I'm in Iowa. I sell vehicles to guests all over the country. I'm shipping a Telluride to NJ and a Palisade to GA this week! LOL

I sell both Hyundai and Kia, although Hyundai doesn't sell their EV through the entire dealer network and only though 19 states. I will tell you that typically Kia's orders get filled faster than Hyundai's. Also, I'm expecting the EV6 to come in around $1,500 or so less than the Ioniq5.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Iowa. I sell vehicles to guests all over the country. I'm shipping a Telluride to NJ and a Palisade to GA this week! LOL

I sell both Hyundai and Kia, although Hyundai doesn't sell their EV through the entire dealer network and only though 19 states. I will tell you that typically Kia's orders get filled faster than Hyundai's. Also, I'm expecting the EV6 to come in around $1,500 or so less than the Ioniq5.
Sounds good --- perhaps we can discuss outside the confines of the message board?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So if I am on the "wait list" does anyone know what that means?
Hey Lindseybp, welcome!

If you didn't get in early enough to have an actual "reservation", then what you've done is signed up to have your local dealers call and email the crap out of you around the January time frame. Hahaha

The "waiting list" is for people that want one but didn't get one reserved. Dealers will then reach out to you to try to sell you one that might have fallen through or to order one for you.

I'm a dealer in the midwest.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick update; today is the first official day that the US reservations website will NO LONGER allow you to change your reservation. That means that it's now set to what you chose. That means that they're going to start planning vehicles to respective dealerships across the nation. Good news!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts