Kia EV6 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's what I just heard back from the dealer regarding arrival: "Regarding ETA for the EV6 we are expecting possibly end of next month or beginning of next year."
I'm very skeptical of that. As far as I can see, they haven't even transmitted VIN data to the NHTSA yet. They have to do that at LEAST 60 days before they can sell them in the US. So by my interpretation, even if they suddenly jumped on the ball and transmitted that data by the end of TODAY, the earliest they could deliver EV6s to customers in the US would be January 16th.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm very skeptical of that. As far as I can see, they haven't even transmitted VIN data to the NHTSA yet. They have to do that at LEAST 60 days before they can sell them in the US. So by my interpretation, even if they suddenly jumped on the ball and transmitted that data by the end of TODAY, the earliest they could deliver EV6s to customers in the US would be January 16th.
Is there a place to search this on the NHTSA site?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is there a place to search this on the NHTSA site?
Yes, click me!

I've been checking it daily just to get a better idea of when these might be arriving (or more accurately, won't be arriving). According to 565.26:
The information required under paragraph (c) of this section shall be submitted at least 60 days prior to offering for sale the first vehicle identified by a VIN containing that information, or if information concerning vehicle characteristics sufficient to specify the VIN code is unavailable to the manufacturer by that date, then within one week after that information first becomes available.
I've also been curious to see how quickly Kia has provided this data on a new model in the past, so I looked up the Telluride. It was submitted on 12/20/18. Then I looked on the Telluride forum to look for the first reports of it being available. First I could find was 2/18/19. Coincidentally, or not, that's exactly 60 days from the Telluride VIN submission.

If anyone is curious, the Ioniq 5 was submitted back in July. But nothing for the EV6 yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a call from my Kia dealer today and an accompanying email - the call was basically this in voice form:
Hi Christopher,
I received information that you are interested in the 2022 KIA EV6.
The 2022 KIA EV6 is currently available starting as low as $39,990 depending on exactly what options you select. We can secure any available 2022 KIA EV6 for you quickly.
We have a great process in place in order to save you time in the showroom. I will have a Sales Manager available for you upon arrival.
What time today are you available to stop in to secure your 2022 KIA EV6?
We will be reaching out to you shortly in order to provide information that will save you valuable time within our showroom.
I don't think the woman I spoke to had any idea what the EV6 was, what a FE reservation is, what the timeline for actually receiving the car might be, etc.; when I told her I had a reservation, she said "Oh that's great that you have a reservation. I'll let my manager know that you'll be coming in."

But at least it's nice that they're auto-notifying the dealers that these cars are coming, eventually. They'd better move fast - my wife (the intended DD for the car) has been making googly eyes at a Rivian lately...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, here's the super informative (NOT) e-mail I received today from my California dealer:

"Thank you for your interest in the 2022 KIA EV6. Will not be available until early 2022. I'll keep you posted when we have more updated news and information. Have a great day."

I knew this much information when I reserved one of the 1,500 EV6 First Editions on June 3. Also, I didn't like the term "interest in" rather than "reservation of" the KIA EV6. I understand my reservation doesn't count as an order, but it should count as having highest priority (first in line) to purchase the EV6 I reserved and directed to this dealership. Just not feeling the warm fuzzies from Kia's limited communications.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got a call from my Kia dealer today and an accompanying email - the call was basically this in voice form:

I don't think the woman I spoke to had any idea what the EV6 was, what a FE reservation is, what the timeline for actually receiving the car might be, etc.; when I told her I had a reservation, she said "Oh that's great that you have a reservation. I'll let my manager know that you'll be coming in."

But at least it's nice that they're auto-notifying the dealers that these cars are coming, eventually. They'd better move fast - my wife (the intended DD for the car) has been making googly eyes at a Rivian lately...
Hey thats my name too… unfortunately didn’t get the call yet. And if I could swing it, I’d get a Rivian as well. Saw it at the auto show. Just out of my price range for now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, here's the super informative (NOT) e-mail I received today from my California dealer:

"Thank you for your interest in the 2022 KIA EV6. Will not be available until early 2022. I'll keep you posted when we have more updated news and information. Have a great day."

I knew this much information when I reserved one of the 1,500 EV6 First Editions on June 3. Also, I didn't like the term "interest in" rather than "reservation of" the KIA EV6. I understand my reservation doesn't count as an order, but it should count as having highest priority (first in line) to purchase the EV6 I reserved and directed to this dealership. Just not feeling the warm fuzzies from Kia's limited communications.
Agreed. No warm and fuzzies here either.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Yep. Still no changes in the system. Just received the list of FE reservations assigned to each dealership for communication.

I'm expecting FE's to start landing in 60 days. Should be on the ground by end of January.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep. Still no changes in the system. Just received the list of FE reservations assigned to each dealership for communication.

I'm expecting FE's to start landing in 60 days. Should be on the ground by end of January.
Hello,

I know that you're busy and I asked you this in another thread. What happens to the FE's that we reserved, if the dealership jacks the prices up $7000 and we cancel?

Thank you

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
This can't be completely accurate, unless I'm misunderstanding something. I know that vehicles roll off the assembly line after having a VIN created and reported to the DOT and sell within 30 days.

Hello,

I know that you're busy and I asked you this in another thread. What happens to the FE's that we reserved, if the dealership jacks the prices up $7000 and we cancel?

Thank you
Yeah, sorry. LOL I answered there but will here as well.

That vehicle will become available inventory for that dealer to sell to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This can't be completely accurate, unless I'm misunderstanding something. I know that vehicles roll off the assembly line after having a VIN created and reported to the DOT and sell within 30 days.
It's not that they have to transmit the VIN numbers for each individual vehicle, they have to transmit the VIN structure, which tends to be unique for a model & year. The NHTSA has to have the info to be able to decode the basic model configuration at least 60 days before that model can be sold here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
It's not that they have to transmit the VIN numbers for each individual vehicle, they have to transmit the VIN structure, which tends to be unique for a model & year. The NHTSA has to have the info to be able to decode the basic model configuration at least 60 days before that model can be sold here.
Well, I'm sure that they have it by now. LOL Just don't know what we don't know, ya know? Hahaha

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, I'm sure that they have it by now.
They are supposed to submit these via email, and it's public information, so there shouldn't be anything hidden. I've looked at recent submissions from other manufacturers, and there are plenty of examples where the letter date is within the past several days. There shouldn't be any significant delays between the submission and it being available on the site. A few days? Maybe. But not weeks. It will be interesting to see how much delay there is from first availability to the appearance of the letter. I'm checking every day, so we'll know when the latter occurs. 😉

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hopefully locking reservations 24 days doesn't mean there is a 24 day delay or more in production but I guess time will tell. Guess it is urban yellow for me!
I’m very excited about getting my EV6 as soon as possible but There’s always a But living in the north east and January is the dead of winter it will be hard to keep the car looking Great (clean) . There’s quite a few Tesla‘s in my neighborhood that pass by my house and I really wanted to make a statement. There’s also the issues with heating I really don’t wanna have to deal with And Hope for a fix before I receive my car. One last thing I wouldn’t mind waiting till May Or longer if they were gonna put the nvidia Operating system in the FE.
Bottom line I’ve convinced myself the longer I wait the better 🙏🏼 I can only hope and pray

201 - 220 of 299 Posts