Kia EV6 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
@MurlinatoR So I just came into a situation. I found out I have to move by end of January. The FE reservation page doesn’t allow me to change my address that I put when I made the reservation. I can only assume this won’t matter when it comes to the free gift (home charger) because they’d send it to me at the address I use at time of purchase of the FE?? I know the reservation FAQ’s say the free give is sent to the dealership and available for pickup from them at the time the FE is picked up, but the letter from KUS you provided say it’s sent to the address provided within 45 days of taking ownership. So is the “address provided” the address on the reservation or the address I’ll use at time of purchase? Just want to make sure I get my gift!

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
116 Posts
Might be useful for you folks to take a look at this. (Sorry for the image cutoff - the site is best used on Desktop)

This shows schedules of ships coming out of Ulsan Korea to various ports. Something is inbound to us here in British Columbia Canada, around late November.

Also @Lechon found in the ioniq 5 forums that a couple of vehicles have landed on our shores.

using that vin number checker - plus this could potentially help us piece together any potential arrivals in North America.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
116 Posts
Still nothing on the NTSHA site for VIN info.
For us in Canada - the equivalent is Transport Canada. Unfortunately I haven’t seen something as robust as that search mechanism, but I do know we have a treaty with the South Koreans called the Canada Korea Free Trade agreement, where tarifs and movement of goods and personnel is much easier.

This is one reason why I think there’s some indications that vehicles are arriving on our shores - which will likely be Transported down to you folks in the US.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So if you rotate the view you get a little more info. Then if you click the E or the A you get a pop up.
Clicking the discharging E gives an address.
looking the address up, it’s for WWL Vehicle services, 2wglobal.com

which is described as:

WWL Vehicle Services Americas Inc
WWL Vehicle Services Americas, Inc. provides logistics and marine services to the automotive industry. The Company offers services such as supply chain, ocean transportation and terminals, technology solutions, inland distribution, vehicle and equipment processing

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
46 Posts
Might be useful for you folks to take a look at this. (Sorry for the image cutoff - the site is best used on Desktop)

This shows schedules of ships coming out of Ulsan Korea to various ports. Something is inbound to us here in British Columbia Canada, around late November.

Also @Lechon found in the ioniq 5 forums that a couple of vehicles have landed on our shores.

using that vin number checker - plus this could potentially help us piece together any potential arrivals in North America.

View attachment 924
Don't Kia's ship from Pyeongtaek?

John.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@MurlinatoR So I just came into a situation. I found out I have to move by end of January. The FE reservation page doesn’t allow me to change my address that I put when I made the reservation. I can only assume this won’t matter when it comes to the free gift (home charger) because they’d send it to me at the address I use at time of purchase of the FE?? I know the reservation FAQ’s say the free give is sent to the dealership and available for pickup from them at the time the FE is picked up, but the letter from KUS you provided say it’s sent to the address provided within 45 days of taking ownership. So is the “address provided” the address on the reservation or the address I’ll use at time of purchase? Just want to make sure I get my gift!
I had this same issue. I moved since making my reservation. I found an email address on the KIA website and explained the situation. They acknowledged my request, but the address on my reservation (on the website) never changed. I'm planning on following up with my dealer on this issue. Let us know if you figure out a better fix!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had this same issue. I moved since making my reservation. I found an email address on the KIA website and explained the situation. They acknowledged my request, but the address on my reservation (on the website) never changed. I'm planning on following up with my dealer on this issue. Let us know if you figure out a better fix!
Thanks. I’ll reach out to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
116 Posts
The Toronto, which it shows will be coming into Long Beach CA, is on the move…..it had been docked in Pyeongtaek, hopefully being loaded with my FE

View attachment 938
What I was just going to say @Anaglypta - I do know Hyundai and Kia interchange shippings routes and they also have a port out in Ulsan.
With the Ioniq 5 being port side for us here in British Columbia - I figure dealers in Canada & potentially the US may get an update soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealership in Georgia says that my EV6 will be at the dealership in mid to end December.
I'm not moving, but we'll be in Hawaii then just before Christmas to just before New Years (fingers crossed), but hopefully we'll be back before the ten day period ends after they receive it.
I think that I read that on here somewhere about the procedure, but between info from Kia America and on this forum, I really don't know.

I really think that they want my car for themselves. The salesman actually told me that he himself was on the waiting list so....

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
46 Posts
What I was just going to say @Anaglypta - I do know Hyundai and Kia interchange shippings routes and they also have a port out in Ulsan.
With the Ioniq 5 being port side for us here in British Columbia - I figure dealers in Canada & potentially the US may get an update soon.
From the VIN codes I have checked all KIA EV6's are put together in the Hwasung assembly plant where it is just a couple of hundred yards to Pyeongtaek vehicle loading births.

From some of he postings above it looks like people were searching from Ulsan to USA (or New Westminster BC), but this would only indicate that the boat had Hyundai's on it.

To be sure you need to search from Pyeongtaek to the destination port you're interested in, and then you're guaranteed to see all the boats that have KIA's on board destined for your port.

John.

Reactions: OneFiasco

·
Registered
180 Posts
From the VIN codes I have checked all KIA EV6's are put together in the Hwasung assembly plant where it is just a couple of hundred yards to Pyeongtaek vehicle loading births.

From some of he postings above it looks like people were searching from Ulsan to USA (or New Westminster BC), but this would only indicate that the boat had Hyundai's on it.

To be sure you need to search from Pyeongtaek to the destination port you're interested in, and then you're guaranteed to see all the boats that have KIA's on board destined for your port.

John.
same ship…..

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
116 Posts

John.
Thanks John - and appreciate the feedback.
This is exactly what I did after reading your suggestion a while back in a different thread for us here in Canada :)

Take a look.

-OneFiasco.

Noticed that there is something inbound to Vancouver for December 21st [EUKOR site] from Kia's port in Pyeongtaek, South Korea.

It looks like they may be shipping some North American vehicles over, and chances are there may be some demo EV6 units in there. Cross-referencing this with the recent news on the Ioniq 5 forums that there are a couple of Ioniq 5's port side in New Westminister. Some of our US counterparts are getting official messages from their dealerships around delivery estimates as well.
View attachment 940
Hopefully optimistic.

221 - 240 of 299 Posts