Kia EV6 Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having to park the car outside all the time, and wait who knows how many months until the batteries are replaced, was what caused me to initiate the buyback. The range reduction does not impact me very much.

I live in NC, and the replacement car will be mostly used as my around town daily driver. My wife's car is AWD, and I have a truck that has 4WD, so if we need to travel in snow we have those other two vehicles we can use.
Do enjoy those NC mountains. Great place to take the motorcycle, that said discovered the wonders of the WV and Appalachia region as well.

The parking outside for me was really pushing it. Rodent season is upon us and they are looking...

·
Registered
4 Posts
The thermal throttling issue that Bjorn experienced seems to be a specific car issue. Kris Rifa drove the same car and reported the same problem.
However over on the Ioniq forums no owners seem to have experienced this issue and so hopefully it will not carry over to the EV6.
I am currently in a Model 3 which has been mostly reliable apart from requiring the charging port to be replaced and the upper control arms done, all under warranty thankfully.
Worryingly however the left upper control arm which was replaced this month is already starting to make large groaning noises.
Between the Ioniq 5 and the EV6 I prefer the features and interior of the Ioniq but the looks of the EV6.
What will swing it for me is highway range at speed. The Ioniq seems to be quite thirsty and so I am hoping that the EV6 is a bit better.
My question, if anyone has the answer is does the on/off power button completely turn the car off unlike Teslas which remain powered while the car sleeps?
My work involves me leaving the car at an airport for days on end while I go on work trips and with my Model 3 I find I can lose anything between 20-70 miles of range over a typical 4 day trip.
Current EV technology isn't reliable enough to buy a new EV this upcoming year and have it last 8-10 years IMO. I even argue 2-3 years might be the normal car exchange lifecycle for an EV.

Bjorn's Ioniq 5 1000km test scares me a little. The charging rate is AMAZING but that car has some battery thermal management issues: no pre-conditioning which means charging is sloooow when the battery is cold and above 50C it throttles power drastically (Bjorn couldn't get more than 66 kW of power) and above 40C it throttle charging rates.

EV6 is built on the same platform. There will be growing pains but I'm sure the car will drive amazing though.

Having literally fought others for the ability to buy a RAV4 Prime and Mach-E... the EV6 will be just as unavailable. Order it the second it opens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My question, if anyone has the answer is does the on/off power button completely turn the car off unlike Teslas which remain powered while the car sleeps?
My work involves me leaving the car at an airport for days on end while I go on work trips and with my Model 3 I find I can lose anything between 20-70 miles of range over a typical 4 day trip.
Curious too, but vampire drain seems to be a Tesla thing.

Other EVs like the ID.4 (even though this car has a 4G connection and remote controls) don't seem to suffer the same drain. i.e ID.4 owners report leaving their car idle for 10 days and maybe losing 1% (some zero) which is about 3 miles of range. I definitely had mine sit for 3 days and lost zero percent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious too, but vampire drain seems to be a Tesla thing.

Other EVs like the ID.4 (even though this car has a 4G connection and remote controls) don't seem to suffer the same drain. i.e ID.4 owners report leaving their car idle for 10 days and maybe losing 1% (some zero) which is about 3 miles of range. I definitely had mine sit for 3 days and lost zero percent.
Thanks for that! It definitely has been a concern with my car, I have managed to reduce the amount by tinkering with the settings but as the weather is getting colder once again, the vampire drain will become a thing once again.
Hopefully the EV6 will not suffer from this problem. I really like the ID.4 but the plain looks and lack of pep made me stay away. The ride and handling seemed better than the Model Y but the turning circle blew me away big time!!!

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Thanks for that! It definitely has been a concern with my car, I have managed to reduce the amount by tinkering with the settings but as the weather is getting colder once again, the vampire drain will become a thing once again.
Hopefully the EV6 will not suffer from this problem. I really like the ID.4 but the plain looks and lack of pep made me stay away. The ride and handling seemed better than the Model Y but the turning circle blew me away big time!!!
In the EV6, it will shut off completely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's the very FIRST piece of POS (point of sale) materials for sales people to use with guests!
Thanks. Very interesting. Now just tell us the price and let us order one, Kia!

I note that heat pump is standard which does not appear to be the case in the UK. But a question --- what is an "Available Roof Rack Accessory"?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Thanks. Very interesting. Now just tell us the price and let us order one, Kia!

I note that heat pump is standard which does not appear to be the case in the UK. But a question --- what is an "Available Roof Rack Accessory"?
There will be an option for an accessory to facilitate loading on the roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I was lucky to get a reservation in for the limited edition. What will the limited edition translate to? As in which trim?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
So I was lucky to get a reservation in for the limited edition. What will the limited edition translate to? As in which trim?
Hey, not sure yet to be honest. Normally the EX trim is the upper and it lends me to believe that with the extra color options but it's weird that they have the GT-Line trim listed above EX in the system. Time will tell within the next 45-60 days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
With the way a lot of us drive, we don’t get to see the rated range of the vehicles we purchase. There are a lot of hypermilers out there that strive to get the maximum range out of their vehicles. Heck, when my ‘17 Optima hybrid was new, I did a couple of range tests, by filling it up to the filler neck ( an extra 4 or 5 gallons) and doing my best to driving within the speed limits (wasn’t successful there). That netted me close to 1k miles, 980 something if I recall. I felt that was great, then another forum member posted he got over 1k on his.

That was fueling once ever 3 weeks for my commute at the time, once every 6 weeks when my wife did her commute. It would be nice if EVs can achieve that.
I used to get 32 mpg in my RWD Stinger GT2 on the 60 mile drive back from the track. That was with extreme hypermiling the whole way.

I ran 12.12 @ 116+ mph for the 1/4 mile once and then got almost 32 mpg on the way back in the Stinger. That is a pretty impressive feat that I hope to beat when I trade my AWD Stinger GT2 for an EV6 GT next year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The first edition is described in pretty good detail on the reservations page click on the see full specifications box.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
270 miles/437km range for AWD eh? Wonder if that’s with the 19” or 20” rims.
@KiaevCan that is with the 20" rims that come standard on the FE's. The lower trims with 19" rims will probably see a 15 mile/charge increase in range.

·
Registered
79 Posts
@KiaevCan that is with the 20" rims that come standard on the FE's. The lower trims with 19" rims will probably see a 15 mile/charge increase in range.
Good to know. Thanks @MurlinatoR ! Was hoping it wouldn’t be rated lower because it was the 19” rim.

I see there’s no mention of the relaxation seats. I’m guessing we won’t get it. In canada, only the driver’s seat has that function on the Ultimate Package.

Lastly, the legroom stats are impressive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used to get 32 mpg in my RWD Stinger GT2 on the 60 mile drive back from the track. That was with extreme hypermiling the whole way.

I ran 12.12 @ 116+ mph for the 1/4 mile once and then got almost 32 mpg on the way back in the Stinger. That is a pretty impressive feat that I hope to beat when I trade my AWD Stinger GT2 for an EV6 GT next year.
Best I got on my Stinger GT2 AWD was 30 MPG, once that 500 mile break in period was over, I didn't see that again. Interesting point, the 2019 I traded for the e-tron, I never used launch control on it. I did a couple times on the 2018 though. The EV6 GT is going to be great when it comes out. They have some time to get things right on it and who knows, maybe they will have a slightly higher capacity battery by then or at least be able to get the tuning right on it so it feels more like a regular car. I'm sure Albert Biermann is working his magic on it.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts