Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I need some help understanding a couple of the icons. I couldn't find them in the manual, but maybe I missed it.
1. Main display - I have circled 2 icons.
2. 2nd display. A red asterisk appeared recently. I thought it was for an update, but I can't find any, other than the 2 that requires a trip to the dealer (appt scheduled). It is not tappable.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I can't help with the asterisk as I haven't seen that before. But for the first one....

The left circle is the Driving Assist menu (and you're currently displaying it). It'll show alerts for blind spot, forward collision, speed limit, HDA, Smart Cruise or Lane Following Assist.

The 2nd circle shows a compass. If you're under route guidance, it'll show the destination information (distance to destination and time to destination). You can also scroll to show turn-by-turn information under route guidance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, I need some help understanding a couple of the icons. I couldn't find them in the manual, but maybe I missed it.
1. Main display - I have circled 2 icons.
2. 2nd display. A red asterisk appeared recently. I thought it was for an update, but I can't find any, other than the 2 that requires a trip to the dealer (appt scheduled). It is not tappable.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Hello, just got my EV6 a few days ago and spent a whole deal of time reading about every icon.
1st photo - Those 4 icons are your menu icons. They show vehicle (for auttmatic cruise control viewing), trip information, compass, and tire pressire monitor.

2nd photo - That means you have emergency services activated. Before i left the dealership, they asked if i wanted to have emergency crash services activated. I told them yes and we did a few tasks and boom, red asterisks.

·
Registered
FE Glacier 1500/1500
89 Posts
Hello, just got my EV6 a few days ago and spent a whole deal of time reading about every icon.
1st photo - Those 4 icons are your menu icons. They show vehicle (for auttmatic cruise control viewing), trip information, compass, and tire pressire monitor.

2nd photo - That means you have emergency services activated. Before i left the dealership, they asked if i wanted to have emergency crash services activated. I told them yes and we did a few tasks and boom, red asterisks.
Correct here for the 4 icons the MENU button your steering wheel cycles you through those and the one that is green is the one you are currently displaying/active.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Can someone point me in the right direction to activate the emergency services in the menus? I searched in the manual but didn't see anything.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line RWD, Aurora Black Pearl
12 Posts
Can someone point me in the right direction to activate the emergency services in the menus? I searched in the manual but didn't see anything.
I believe it's under phone settings. In the US it's called "911 assist" which may be why you're having trouble finding it.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
This feature automatically calls 911 if an airbag deploys.

It's under Setup -> network settings -> Kia Connect. Same menu where the hotspot setup is located.

The setting applies to both profiles simultaneously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts