Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here’s another weirdness I see in my EV6.
there are 3 settings for automatically unlocking the doors when you are done driving:
1. When ’transmission’ is put in P
2. When the ’ignition’ is turned off
3. Off

i set mine to ‘when P is engaged’ but only the front doors ever unlock. when I get out and forget to hit the unlock button on drivers door controls (because, really, why should I have to? It’s a smart car, right?) and then try to get into the rear seat, I have to either reopen the drivers door and hit that unlock all button, or I have to touch the front handle to lock the car and then again to unlock it.

so, two questions:
1. is there an ‘unlock all automatically’ setting that I am just missing?
2. Does everyone one else have to go into slow-motion mode when using the ‘touch to lock’ or ‘touch to unlock’ ? It takes at least a full second or 2 of finger on handle before it reacts… every other car I’ve had for the last 15 years is nearly instant… but not this one, the smartest and most modern 😱😱🙄🙄

thanks for your thoughts
-Rob

·
Registered
93 Posts
So here’s another weirdness I see in my EV6.
there are 3 settings for automatically unlocking the doors when you are done driving:
1. When ’transmission’ is put in P
2. When the ’ignition’ is turned off
3. Off

i set mine to ‘when P is engaged’ but only the front doors ever unlock. when I get out and forget to hit the unlock button on drivers door controls (because, really, why should I have to? It’s a smart car, right?) and then try to get into the rear seat, I have to either reopen the drivers door and hit that unlock all button, or I have to touch the front handle to lock the car and then again to unlock it.

so, two questions:
1. is there an ‘unlock all automatically’ setting that I am just missing?
2. Does everyone one else have to go into slow-motion mode when using the ‘touch to lock’ or ‘touch to unlock’ ? It takes at least a full second or 2 of finger on handle before it reacts… every other car I’ve had for the last 15 years is nearly instant… but not this one, the smartest and most modern 😱😱🙄🙄

thanks for your thoughts
-Rob
I have mine set to unlock on ‘p’.
What I’ve found is when I park if I just turn the car off then the back doors don’t unlock.
However if I put the car in ‘p’ then turn it off the back doors are unlocked.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have mine set to unlock on ‘p’.
What I’ve found is when I park if I just turn the car off then the back doors don’t unlock.
However if I put the car in ‘p’ then turn it off the back doors are unlocked.
Hope this helps
maybe the car is smarter than I thought. After reading the last response, I went to the car to make some changes to the setup… and it behaved properly all day today 😳🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I changed nothing, but now the back doors unlock when drive is set to P.

·
Registered
287 Posts
maybe the car is smarter than I thought. After reading the last response, I went to the car to make some changes to the setup… and it behaved properly all day today 😳🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I changed nothing, but now the back doors unlock when drive is set to P.
DON’T even breath on it then lol!! 😂. I think it’ll stop working again - but otherwise yes the unlock when car is off does work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DON’T even breath on it then lol!! 😂. I think it’ll stop working again - but otherwise yes the unlock when car is off does work.
right, so I must have breathed on it. I suspect…but don’t have time to do more testing… that it has to do with the last directional ‘gear’ the transmission was in. Going from D to P seems to unlock all. From R to P, unlocks only front. At least that seems to be the case. Will try to test fully in next few days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts