Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with an urban yellow FE have an arrival date. I have heard rumors of the yellow being "slightly behind" the other FE colors and trying to get a feel for when I might have a car. this is a bit pressing for me as I am considering taking a job where I would need a car immediately and really would prefer to not rent for a month or two...might have to just get an Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone with an urban yellow FE have an arrival date. I have heard rumors of the yellow being "slightly behind" the other FE colors and trying to get a feel for when I might have a car. this is a bit pressing for me as I am considering taking a job where I would need a car immediately and really would prefer to not rent for a month or two...might have to just get an Ioniq 5.
I don't believe we've seen any window stickers yet for Urban Yellow. I also have one on order.

My dealership has 7 EV6s with vins in their inventory, but only 1 of the 3 first editions they are expecting.

Starting to think "first" is a misnomer. I am also considering alternatives.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I’m not trying to tell you what to do Mike, but I had test drives in both Ioniq 5 and EV6 respectively. It was a very easy decision to make and I now own an EV6 even though I had to wait longer and pay a little more. Putting everything else aside, the handling and ride of the EV6 is at a level well beyond most cars on the road and certainly way ahead of the Ioniq 5.

Also, your urban yellow along with white, is one of the colours that definitely looks great in FE trim (with the black wheel surrounds) - well worth the wait.

Just sayin’

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not trying to tell you what to do Mike, but I had test drives in both Ioniq 5 and EV6 respectively. It was a very easy decision to make and I now own an EV6 even though I had to wait longer and pay a little more. Putting everything else aside, the handling and ride of the EV6 is at a level well beyond most cars on the road and certainly way ahead of the Ioniq 5.

Also, your urban yellow along with white, is one of the colours that definitely looks great in FE trim (with the black wheel surrounds) - well worth the wait.

Just sayin’
Thanks for the pep talk. I think the Ioniq 5 is ugly

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
I saw a commercial yesterday for the ionig 5, the GF said "oh thats ugly, I hope thats not the one you're getting"
My wife absolutely hates the look of the Ionic 5. It's grown on me - a tiny bit - but I think if it comes down to it I'd actually take the ID.4 even with all its warts over the Hyundai just because of the Hyundai looks.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
My wife absolutely hates the look of the Ionic 5. It's grown on me - a tiny bit - but I think if it comes down to it I'd actually take the ID.4 even with all its warts over the Hyundai just because of the Hyundai looks.
I initially liked the look of the Ioniq 5, then they released images of the EV6 and now I just don't see what I initially saw in the ioniq 5.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
I initially liked the look of the Ioniq 5, then they released images of the EV6 and now I just don't see what I initially saw in the ioniq 5.
I think the Ioniq 5 looks cool from the front. It's the back and especially the sides (ugh plastic) that really turn me off. The interior feels too Hyundai, too.

But different strokes for different folks. It's not to my taste but I don't look down on those who love it.

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
Yellow is not an option in the UK and not sure if in any part or Europe.
Looks ok in the pictures i have seen. Wonder how it looks in the flesh.

Regarding Ioniq 5.
I saw a few Ioniq 5 in Norway (as Taxi’s believe it or not).
I actually thought they looked good.
Back Quarters similar to a Lancia Delta from the 90s.
Front like a 2008 ish Honda Civic.

Then someone said google pics of an Austin Maestro, and i was instantly put off 🤣.

The other thing with the Ioniq 5 is the colours. All boring as hell. (Not sure if the US has a better colour or should i say color choice). Boring beige looking colours. Nothing bright like a sharp metallic Blue, Red, Yellow even.

Ioniq 5’s father. (Same exciting Colour).
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: Jack mannix

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
I saw a few Ioniq 5 in Norway (as Taxi’s believe it or not).
I actually thought they looked good.
Back Quarters similar to a Lancia Delta from the 90s.
Front like a 2008 ish Honda Civic.

Then someone said google pics of an Austin Maestro, and i was instantly put off 🤣.

The other thing with the Ioniq 5 is the colours. All boring as hell. (Not sure if the US has a better colour or should i say color choice). Boring beige looking colours. Nothing bright like a sharp metallic Blue, Red, Yellow even.
Can't speak to US colours but here in Canada the colours are all very bland, muted, or monochrome. I ordered black, and if I do for some reason end up with an Ioniq 5 I'm either going to treat the plastic with vinyl or something, or do a full wrap. With the Canadian pricing on the EV6 being oh so good, the I5 seems like an unlikely purchase at this point.

In Canada the top trim EV6 "GT-Line 2" is ~$64k including freight; that's like $50,500 USD - and in my province we get $8k off in rebates after trade-in and tax. Tax here is 12-15% depending on how much you knock off with your trade-in. (Sorry, American friends - Canadian dealers cannot sell to US customers, and even if you bought one second-hand from a CDN buyer you'd still forego the US EV tax credit)

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
OMG.😂 It has less plastic and more interesting colours, but otherwise is so similar, right down to some of the wheels even.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

The Ioniq 5 is ripping off the Maestro almost as much as Ora Ballet Cat is ripping off VW in China
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also reserved an Urban Yellow. Haven't heard a peep from my dealer, and haven't seen any evidence of an Urban Yellow FE in the wild yet (plenty of the other two colors though).

I seem to remember elsewhere in this board someone posting that Yellow ones would be delayed, but I don't think that was confirmed nor was any detail provided.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did see that Bloomigton, MN Kia has four FE in transit/pending sale, two gray and two white, but no Urban yellow yet I know they have 13 FE reservations. I did get an email from Kia telling me to start making preparation for my car by getting the charger installation started.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I did see that Bloomigton, MN Kia has four FE in transit/pending sale, two gray and two white, but no Urban yellow yet I know they have 13 FE reservations. I did get an email from Kia telling me to start making preparation for my car by getting the charger installation started.
I have yet to get that email that everyone’s been getting o er the last few days. Mine is Urban Yellow also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have yet to get that email that everyone’s been getting o er the last few days. Mine is Urban Yellow also.
My guess is that only a very small percentage of the FEs were reserved with Urban Yellow-- it's probably too garish for many people's tastes. Heck, it almost is for me, but I chose it because I liked it better than white or grey. I wonder how I feel about it once I see it in person. And if there are comparatively few units ordered in yellow, I could see them bringing up the rear-- arriving a couple of weeks/months later than the larger initial batch.

If yellow is going to be delayed, that would probably work out well for me, as I could use more time to get my ducks lined up for purchase.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My guess is that only a very small percentage of the FEs were reserved with Urban Yellow-- it's probably too garish for many people's tastes. Heck, it almost is for me, but I chose it because I liked it better than white or grey. I wonder how I feel about it once I see it in person. And if there are comparatively few units ordered in yellow, I could see them bringing up the rear-- arriving a couple of weeks/months later than the larger initial batch.

If yellow is going to be delayed, that would probably work out well for me, as I could use more time to get my ducks lined up for purchase.
Agreed. I just wish we knew exactly what shade it was.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed. I just wish we knew exactly what shade it was.
The best picture I've ever seen of Urban Yellow is still the one on the FE reservation site. "NYC taxicab" is probably not far off the mark, but I guess with a color like this you can't really know until you see it in person.

Of course, if my dealer marks it up, I will not bother going down to see it...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The best picture I've ever seen of Urban Yellow is still the one on the FE reservation site. "NYC taxicab" is probably not far off the mark, but I guess with a color like this you can't really know until you see it in person.

Of course, if my dealer marks it up, I will not bother going down to see it...
If they mark it up, just slap the word “taxi” on the side and make a few extra bucks to offset the markup. 🤨

·
Registered
5 Posts
To be fair, the Ioniq5 looks really good and eccentric in real life, especially in white! It has the Lancia Delta vibe but in a proper cross over size.
For me the turn-off was the interior - looked quite cheap and the white bezel on the dual screen just screamed 2010 iphone 4 at me...

I love the EV6 we have on order, but if the Ioniq5 had the same interior as EV6, might have pulled the trigger on it instead!

1 - 20 of 156 Posts