Kia EV6 Forum banner

US EV6 First Edition Holder, will / did you:

• [Y1] take posession of the car for MSRP, taxes and paid no additional fees - woo hoo!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • [Y2] take posession of the car for MSRP, taxes and paid small additional fees of less than $2,000

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • [Y3] take posession of the car for MSRP, taxes and paidadditional fees of $2,000 - less than $5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [Y4] take posession of the car for MSRP, taxes and paid large additional fees of $5,000 or more

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • [N1] NOT take posession of the car, didn't want to pay additional fees of less than $2,000

• [N2] NOT take posession of the car, didn't want to pay additional fees of $2,000 to less than $5,000

• [N3] NOT take posession of the car, didn't want to pay additional fees of $5,000 or more

• [N4] NOT take posession of the car, will order/purchase GT Line or other EV6 instead

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • [N5] NOT take posession of the car, will not get EV6 (please explain why in comments)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a firm commitment from my dealer to sell at MSRP. This was negotiated prior to selecting them and they have confirmed their intent in a recent email. I will either buy from another dealer (non-FE) or buy an Ioniq 5 (I've already identified a local MSRP dealer) if they do not honor our agreement. I do not have an arrival date yet. Some dealers really stink, but other ones are not so bad!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I have not been provided a delivery date and my current lease is expiring, I went with a Polestar 2. Still wondering when I will get the EV6 FE available call.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As I have not been provided a delivery date and my current lease is expiring, I went with a Polestar 2. Still wondering when I will get the EV6 FE available call.
Same, have been enjoying my Polestar 2 for 5 weeks, Received email today saying they have 4 of 13 FE's on the way(? the invoices were on forum about 2 weeks ago, seems like they must be lost :) ) Said they have not received notice that mine is on the way, Maybe it will not show up until March and Kia will have figured out a lease plan someone could afford! Tempted to get another Polestar or Volvo C40 recharge hatchback.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Same, have been enjoying my Polestar 2 for 5 weeks, Received email today saying they have 4 of 13 FE's on the way(? the invoices were on forum about 2 weeks ago, seems like they must be lost :) ) Said they have not received notice that mine is on the way, Maybe it will not show up until March and Kia will have figured out a lease plan someone could afford! Tempted to get another Polestar or Volvo C40 recharge hatchback.
So regarding the Polestar… the 2 years of unlimited 30-minute charging sessions. How does that work? Is there fine print that says only X number of sessions allowed per day or per week? What if I were to charge for 30 minutes, and because of the kw it charged at, wasn’t able to get to 80%. Could I then disconnect and reconnect for another 30 minute session? Is there a wait period between sessions? Just curious how it works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[QUOTE="Cnsheets, post: 15940, member: 5
So regarding the Polestar… the 2 years of unlimited 30-minute charging sessions. How does that work? Is there fine print that says only X number of sessions allowed per day or per week? What if I were to charge for 30 minutes, and because of the kw it charged at, wasn’t able to get to 80%. Could I then disconnect and reconnect for another 30 minute session? Is there a wait period between sessions? Just curious how it works.
[/QUOTE]
I believe you can use it more than once a day, or it charges you after the 30 mins. Unfortunately for those of us in Minnesota, there are currently only a couple of EA charging stations, with more promised in the future. (By the way Polestar comes with complete set of charging cables and plug adapters. Currently have mine plugged into 120 outlet in garage, in our 0 degree weather its slow but gets the job done overnight. Will install level 2 when the weqther warms up in June :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts