Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get a quote for insurance yet?
I currently have Nationwide and the make/model selection does have the EV6 yet and none of the public VINs work yet.
Curious if y’all have had any success here?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone been able to get a quote for insurance yet?
I currently have Nationwide and the make/model selection does have the EV6 yet and none of the public VINs work yet.
Curious if y’all have had any success here?
FWIW, I had the same problem in early January trying to quote a Volvo C40. Took more than two weeks before the VIN came up in an online quote from three different insurance companies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just thought I'd add that I just tried one of the First Edition VINs from one of the many window stickers posted in another thread to get a quote from Progressive, and just like with the C40 weeks ago, it comes up as no such VIN, so not just you and not just Progressive.

Here we go again...Hopefully it will get sorted out before the cars arrive.

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
I was on the phone with Progressive for more than half an hour... Even after all that, they weren't able to give me a quote. The rep said she'd call me later this week... let's see if that holds true. I can't imagine that it would be more than my G70 but we shall see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My rate jumped up quite a bit with Geico. We bought a 22 Forte GT and the EV6 Wind model and now will be paying a combined 1320. Up by 500 from our previous 2 cars. I was told by my agent the price jump was due to the EV6 being completely brand new and the insurance company not being able to adequately determine how hard it will be to replace parts if the car is damaged. He anticipated a potential change in pricing about 6 months down the road. Got 3 additional quotes and they came back substantially higher than Geico.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I added my EV6 today to my insurance, for an eye-watering 1675$ per year (!!!). This is full comprehensive coverage with 1,000$ deductible. The agent did say if I select 6k miles vs 10k miles usage, the rate would drop by ~350$. I think it's super high, and will start shopping around (Costco, etc...) for other rates...

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
Finally heard back from Progressive. My rate actually went down $26/6 mo compared to my G70. Maybe give them a try if other companies are quoting you high. I'm in central Ohio.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Look for a local insurance broker near where you live. They can shop around for you and find the best rates. A lot of times they have access to insurance companies and plans normal people do not have. Also nice since if you get a big jump in prices one year you can ask them to re-quote all the different companies and then they will take care of transferring you if you change companies.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
I'm with Liberty Mutual, I havent yet explored what the EV6 will cost me as I wont have it for another month. But it will be part of a multi-car policy along with a renters insurance policy. All of which gives a discount for multi-car and multi-policy. However I have a feeling that they wont be the cheapest, so it may be time to move everything to someone else after 20 years of being with them.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
71 Posts
Picked up my EV6 Wind + Tech pkg today; added it to my existing GEICO multicar policy (online). No VIN match, but GEICO system asked for the year/make/model/cost new info and a few questions about safety features. Quote was reasonable. But I did notice that they didn't credit for anti-lock brakes, which was quickly fixed in online chat with GEICO human (in other words, the online system didn't ask about >all< possible features of the car. So one bit of advice is to check your policy's discounts for various things (including aspects about the vehicle) against what your EV6 has, as GEICO's online system can't decode the VIN yet.

p.s. IRL I'm a commercial insurance broker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Model still not in most systems. Def check w a human as the defaults don't take into account all of the safety features on the car. Also note there are huge variations in coverage requirements by state AND big differences in available coverage amounts. Can't really compare one rate to another without a lot more details.

About the best we can do is note that a policy duplicating my current coverage amounts results in a price increase of just over $20 a month moving from a 2018 Explorer to an EV6 Wind AWD.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts