Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

Just to let you all know that the EV6 lease is NOT passing on the federal tax credit. There will NOT be any $7,500 in lease cash on the EV6 for February. Potential for the future but not currently.

If you lease it, you will NOT be able to file for the federal tax credit. You are getting $1k upfront at leasing and forfeiting the credit to FROM the IRS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
All,

Just to let you all know that the EV6 lease is NOT passing on the federal tax credit. There will NOT be any $7,500 in lease cash on the EV6 for February. Potential for the future but not currently.

If you lease it, you will NOT be able to file for the federal tax credit. You are getting $1k upfront at leasing and forfeiting the credit to the IRS.
Believe the credit goes to leasing company (Kia Financial?), not the IRS What are the lease terms if you have them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
MurlinatoR
I’m new user. I’m trying to send u a PM earlier for my 2nd plan if FE got mark up. But rules don’t allow me to send PM until certain amount of time or at least post something for a while. Can u please PM me maybe I can reply to it. Thank u sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
But are we sure that the 7500 is not taken into account in establishing the residual and buyout amount instead? This would have a similar net effect as lease cash. Do we have the residual % available at this time?

·
Registered
47 Posts
@MurlinatoR When leasing yeah tax credit goes to the leasing company. However, then that credit should be taken off the cost of the vehicle. So this is pretty much making ppl try and buy the cars so they get the tax credit or walk away which is probably why they doing this so they can keep the car and put a ADM on the car. Most places that I have seen the leasing company will get the credit then you just ask them to take the 7500 off the price of the car. Think of it as a 7500 rebate on top off all the other rebates you get as well. I think ppl forget about that or do not bring it up because if leasing buyer only getting 1k rebate but why do we have to forfeit the other 6500 dollars so the bank makes a profit and the dealer as well. I do not think so.

PS> I know the tax credit goes to the leinholder of vehicle. But since leinholder is financing company, the buyer should be able to take the entire 7500 off the cost of the car.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
490 Posts
This credit is designed as an incentive for consumers to transition from gas to electricity. Why would such an initiative go to the finance company? It's we the consumer that gives them the business and it is we the consumer who pays the financial company. Unless this is away politicians are paying back the financial company due to lobbying.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This credit is designed as an incentive for consumers to transition from gas to electricity. Why would such an initiative go to the finance company? It's we the consumer that gives them the business and it is we the consumer who pays the financial company. Unless this is away politicians are paying back the financial company due to lobbying.
Being a skeptic I don’t think Kia wants the cars back at the end of the lease therefore they’re discouraging leasing kia and Hyundai are both not passing the credit along on their new electric vehicles
Makes me wonder ???????
What they know

Could it have anything to do with Invidia ?

·
Registered
GT-Line.
490 Posts
Being a skeptic I don’t think Kia wants the cars back at the end of the lease therefore they’re discouraging leasing kia and Hyundai are both not passing the credit along on their new electric vehicles
Makes me wonder ???????
What they know
If what you say is true it will only hurt corporate. Volvo sales are up based on XC40 sales numbers and lease/tax incentives. KIA/Hyundai are going to shoot themselves in the foot by killing off-lease sales. If the nameplate whats to go upmarket while being successful they need to cater to consumer needs.

Salespeople, like Murlinato R who work for KIA/Hyundai, are also going to be punished if HQ doesn't sign off.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been wondering - @MurlinatoR any idea if a reserved car can be test driven by other people? I have a weird feeling some of us will get into “ours” and they’ll have 50 miles on the odometer, especially if there’s an embargo on when they can leave the lot. Might not even be getting first notice of it being on the lot in worst case scenario.
They should NOT be. They are not available to sell unless the reservation holder passes on the car.

Believe the credit goes to leasing company (Kia Financial?), not the IRS What are the lease terms if you have them?
Yeppers. LOL sorry about the typo. I corrected it.

But are we sure that the 7500 is not taken into account in establishing the residual and buyout amount instead? This would have a similar net effect as lease cash. Do we have the residual % available at this time?
There is no additional buy down. They are giving $1k lease cash but the residual is 53%@10k and the rent charge is effectively 4%.

Makes me wonder ???????
What they know

Could it have anything to do with Invidia ?
Nope. Just that Kia doesn't want to deal with a massive amount of RISK 3 years from now not knowing how the world is going to take to EV's after the 2025 CAFE engagement.

·
Registered
254 Posts
They should NOT be. They are not available to sell unless the reservation holder passes on the car.

Yeppers. LOL sorry about the typo. I corrected it.

There is no additional buy down. They are giving $1k lease cash but the residual is 53%@10k and the rent charge is effectively 4%.

Nope. Just that Kia doesn't want to deal with a massive amount of RISK 3 years from now not knowing how the world is going to take to EV's after the 2025 CAFE engagement.
I agree they don’t wanna to expose themselves too much
especially the way electronics depreciate. when the new model EV6 comes out I’m sure it will have the Nvidia chip which will allow for more autonomous driving features
Just like the genesis GV 60

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon - Passed on my FE
143 Posts
Wife was seriously considering taking the FE we have reserved (supposedly coming 2/13) but if Kia is "stealing" (yes I personally consider it criminal-like to take that and not pass it along even though I am well aware it is not) then the lease rate will be ludicrous. Ford did same thing and eventually had to find a fix for it. Such a poor business decision imo. So, I will get the rate when we see the car but chances are there will be another FE in Surprise, AZ for anyone that wants one. 🤦‍♂️😡

As I noted before - the Polestar leases are amazing because they apply the $7,500 basically like a down.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Wife was seriously considering taking the FE we have reserved (supposedly coming 2/13) but if Kia is "stealing" (yes I personally consider it criminal-like to take that and not pass it along even though I am well aware it is not) then the lease rate will be ludicrous. Ford did same thing and eventually had to find a fix for it. Such a poor business decision imo. So, I will get the rate when we see the car but chances are there will be another FE in Surprise, AZ for anyone that wants one. 🤦‍♂️😡

As I noted before - the Polestar leases are amazing because they apply the $7,500 basically like a down.
And Polestar has a 15k mile option on the leases. Which works great for me.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
490 Posts
I just came back from Smithtown KIA. They had a black/black with white outline seats GT Line. He did confirm that there were no leases with any tax incentives tied to them as @MurlinatoR suggested. KIA shot itself in the foot by ignoring this for the leasing market. I will also not pay a premium cost just to show my jerkoff neighbors I have the first one on my block. I will see if corporate changes their mind and see what the GV60 offers. They have one on display in Manhattan.
The Polestar is now on the list.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts