Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any US FE reservation holders have been able to get their dealer to commit to a sales price?
This is what I was told by my dealer:
"Currently, we don't not have accurate pricing from Kia in regards to the EV6. The $58,xxx MSRP on their website is an estimation currently. Closer towards production, we'll get the accurate MSRP for the vehicle."
As they say in Star Wars, I've got a bad feeling about this.
Are they just stringing this along so the car is locked into delivery to their dealership, whether I buy it or not?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
613 Posts
Wondering if any US FE reservation holders have been able to get their dealer to commit to a sales price?
This is what I was told by my dealer:
"Currently, we don't not have accurate pricing from Kia in regards to the EV6. The $58,xxx MSRP on their website is an estimation currently. Closer towards production, we'll get the accurate MSRP for the vehicle."
As they say in Star Wars, I've got a bad feeling about this.
Are they just stringing this along so the car is locked into delivery to their dealership, whether I buy it or not?
Hey @EV61ED4ME, happy Thursday.

So, no, they're not stringing you along.

I've made multiple notes that pricing hasn't been released yet for the EV6 stateside. The FE's will have an MSRP of about $59,850+/- with destination and floormats included.

We just don't have the information yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @EV61ED4ME, happy Thursday.

So, no, they're not stringing you along.

I've made multiple notes that pricing hasn't been released yet for the EV6 stateside. The FE's will have an MSRP of about $59,850+/- with destination and floormats included.

We just don't have the information yet unfortunately.
Thanks . I put a lot more stock in your information than the little I am getting from my dealer. Really appreciate your participation. Wish I was closer to your dealership

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
613 Posts
Thanks . I put a lot more stock in your information than the little I am getting from my dealer. Really appreciate your participation. Wish I was closer to your dealership
Well, I deliver.... :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dealer has basically said they will sell me the car at MSRP, but they are not sure the published number is final. They will also work with me to avoid dealer add ons (locking wheel nuts, low jack, nitrogen in tires etc). We will see what happens, but I'm prepared to make a fuss / walk away if I have to as a matter of principle. I'm walking distance to a polestar dealer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My GM and sales rep have both confirmed with me the car will be sold at MSRP + whatever required by corporate, destination etc.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
119 Posts
I have been promised in writing (via email) that will sell at MSRP (of course plus dest) but won't believe it til the car is in any driveway ... call me skeptical of car dealers :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
119 Posts
My dealer is clueless and refuse to let me speak to a general manager or sales director.
I mean every dealer I been in recently the GMs office is right there on main show floor - how are they refusing you? That would definitely be concerning if GM won't talk to a customer.

Hope you get better service soon and the car at MSRP.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 FE - Silver & Charger
26 Posts
Well, it's January, and it sure seems that we still have... nada!

I can barely get complete sentences out of my dealer on the EV6, and they certainly don't even come close to saying they will stick to the advertised MSRP. I added a note on the BS add-ons previously mentioned as well, nothing taken.

A concern I have is that this launch does not have the same media coverage, volume, or momentum as the Bronco did, which is the main reason some customers were able to escape dealership nightmares. I do hope something comes down to the dealers from Big Kia on this, because otherwise, I don't think it's looking good. Supply and Demand is real, and right now, supply side has all the power.

The question is - if everyone here is getting bullied by the dealer, is there any recourse, or is that just the way the system works? My only Twitter follower is my dog, so not a lot of voice here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My understanding from reading the reservation agreement is that the car is delivered to a dealer, who has to tender you an offer and you have a limited time to accept it. If you refuse, it's their car to do as they see fit. If the owner wants it, they could offer you $30k over MSRP and then he could buy it at MSRP if you refuse. Unless your state had limits on dealers pricing above MSRP (Ha! As if) then yeah, they're likely legally able to charge you whatever they'd like. Kia cannot tell them to do otherwise, but could probably limit their access to future vehicles or otherwise make their life difficult if they chose to do this.

Your best leverage is to first try to get Kia to support you, then to raise as public a stink as possible. "Legal to" ≠ "fair to" and the media and the public get very interested in rank unfairness. Kia can't tell the dealer to charge you MSRP but they really don't want that kind of publicity marring future reservations, and can apply pressure in other ways.

BTW, you can also use the "carrot" instead of the "stick" - promise a glowing review, they can put their license surround, you'll tell everyone who likes it where you got it, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like that carrot idea, worth a shot if needed. I've also reached out to Kia Customer Support, but I doubt they'll be able to do much.

One thing Ford did is that if the dealers played games, Ford could reduce their future Bronco allocations. Unsure if any mechanisms like this have been created by Kia.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am also planning on a carrot approach and staying positive. I have emails saying they will sell me the car at MSRP and not load it with add ons. I will also offer to show my car to prospective buyers if they can not get demo vehicles to try and build a relationship. That said, I'm prepared to walk if they mark it up, I can wait for a new car and lots of options out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
originally my local dealer said at MSRP, but effective today a 3k markup. i was literally texting him today to put down a deposit and he told me, even though a week ago he said MSRP. ahhhhh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh man, that is a totally expected BUMMER. You should definitely forward to Kia support, if enough rez holders do that early enough maybe they will take some action.

I’m sure a new thread is about to launch - what will you replace your non-existent, dealer ruined EV6 FE with??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure if this is part of KIA's plan, but the longer that they wait to release pricing the more power they give to the dealer. Many dealers will not commit to selling at MSRP until KIA releases pricing. Or that is their excuse. As a result, many of us with FE reservations cannot even get the dealer to talk to us about the price.

If I knew today that my dealer was adding $5k or more to MSRP, I would tell the dealer MSRP or I would cancel my reservation. I would have some leverage, if that meant the reservation would then go to someone on the waiting list and not just go to that dealer to sell to the highest bidder. The dealer’s choice would be lose the FE sale entirely or sell to me. However, as the delivery gets closer, will the car go to the dealer whether I cancel or not? If the dealer gets the car no matter what, then the dealer can follow KIA USA guidance to sell at MSRP and provide good customer service or just screw the people that KIA USA hoped would be “our biggest advocates to usher in our new era electric vehicles.”

Sadly, it looks more and more like it will be the latter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts