Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
42 Posts
I'm going to hold off as there have been people on Facebook who have bricked their infotainment system with this update.
Really? I wonder if they installed it incorrectly.

Edit: I checked some of the FB groups. The ones talking about bricking their infotainment seem to be talking about the update to fix the amp issue. This separate software update was just released this morning.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Really? I wonder if they installed it incorrectly.

Edit: I checked some of the FB groups. The ones talking about bricking their infotainment seem to be talking about the update to fix the amp issue. This separate software update was just released this morning.
The list of applicable models for either of the two listed audio updates does not include the EV6. The list of applicable models for the navigation update does include the EV6.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
Heads up: This 32 GB update doesn't fit on a 32 GB thumb drive... because thumb drives seem to define 1 GB as 10^9 instead of 2^30. You'll need at least a 64 GB thumb drive.

(As it turns out, my largest is a 32 GB which is 2 GB short of the space needed for the updates. I have plenty of larger microSD cards, but for some reason my microSD to USB adapter isn't working. While I wait for a goody bag from Amazon with new parts, I'll let you'all be the guinea pigs on this one.)

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia EV6 GTLine AWD, plus 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
32 Posts
I noticed this as well. The Navigation Updater app notices that you are using a larger than they specify Drive so you have to agree to that and then it downloads and fits. Next I will do the update in an hour or so.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The list of applicable models for either of the two listed audio updates does not include the EV6.
I think the amp bricking that people may be referring to have been for the dealer applied update, not user. A couple of people in the FB groups have had their amp bricked when the dealer tried to apply the sub amp/mute update.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Successfully updated. Took more than 1 hr though. I dont have a big enough thumbdrive so used a 128GB microSD card and an adapter. Maybe thats why it took so long. The updater software will format your SD card before copying. I kept my car ON, not utility mode just to be safe.

The FW updates 5 things - Map, System, GPS, Modem, uCom (??). When it updated uCom, an error msg popped up on the left screen with "Check Lane Change Assist Function" error but this went away when the update completed, so dont freak out.

From what I can see, now we have the option to have white/dark screens based on day/night vs a set time. The Steering custom button seems to have more options. Energy info display changed. Thats all the visible changes I can spot aside from the updated maps. The update also erased all my saved addresses, fav etc in Nav.
Gadget Font Audio equipment Display device Electronic device
Computer Output device Personal computer Gadget Audio equipment
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Flat panel display
Personal computer Computer Output device Automotive design Gadget
Personal computer Computer Output device Gadget Font
Computer Output device Personal computer Font Gadget
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Font
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Audio equipment
Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design Gadget

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD
57 Posts
Successfully updated. Took more than 1 hr though. I dont have a big enough thumbdrive so used a 128GB microSD card and an adapter. Maybe thats why it took so long. The updater software will format your SD card before copying. I kept my car ON, not utility mode just to be safe.

The FW updates 5 things - Map, System, GPS, Modem, uCom (??). When it updated uCom, an error msg popped up on the left screen with "Check Lane Change Assist Function" error but this went away when the update completed, so dont freak out.

From what I can see, now we have the option to have white/dark screens based on day/night vs a set time. The Steering custom button seems to have more options. Energy info display changed. Thats all the visible changes I can spot aside from the updated maps. The update also erased all my saved addresses, fav etc in Nav.
View attachment 5138 View attachment 5139 View attachment 5140 View attachment 5141 View attachment 5142 View attachment 5143 View attachment 5144 View attachment 5145 View attachment 5146
Thanks for update details, lots of good info. Glad to see that it's not just a map update, but they are also making improvements to the rest of the system.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Runway Red
54 Posts
Really inconvenient for people that don't subscribe to having to have a full computer. I have phones and a chromebook. Seems like this should be able to be done from a phone or an OTA.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts