Kia EV6 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
216 Posts
My install of the May software just finished up. Took about an hour. I had also done the April update and no issues writing over it.
I guess it didn’t prompt you that it was already updated, probably because the version numbers are different. I downloaded it last night and was going to try today. I also noticed the version number was different as @klingon did. Did you see any obvious changes?

·
Registered
Wind RWD
16 Posts
I guess it didn’t prompt you that it was already updated, probably because the version numbers are different. I downloaded it last night and was going to try today. I also noticed the version number was different as @klingon did. Did you see any obvious changes?
Correct. Version numbers are different so it started up no differently compared to doing the April update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those who ran the update successfully, how long did it take? After partitioning a hard drive in EX-FAT (those 32G flash drives don't hold 32G) and starting the update, for me it's been over an hour but it's still "Preparing" and "Calculating" download speeds and times.
Here's the fix... quit & restarted the app, then downloaded the files straight to my hard drive, then copied to an external drive. Took about 5 minutes!

·
Registered
488 Posts
The sw_backup.tar file on the May release is a bit smaller in size (519950 KB) vs. the one on the April release (526580 KB); looks like the April release contained bits for different regions in addition to North America whereas the May release contains only North America:

April:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

May:
Rectangle Screenshot Font Software Parallel

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 · (Edited)
My update froze after 5 hrs. Must've been stuck in a loop as it kept doing the same cycle. Called Hyundai Nav support and was told that this latest 220504 version is the SAME as the one released in Apr v220419. No difference in functionality! Reason for the diff version nbrs apparently was to sync up with the May calendar when they placed the files on the server. To fix my issue, they told me to pull the drive and then reset the unit using the pinhole on the panel. Worked and I'm now back to version 220419. For those who successfully installed the May version, can you post any differences in case the support lady was BS-ing me!
Font Electric blue Display device Multimedia Event

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
82 Posts
So whos going to try the Seltos update again before updating the EV6 with the new file?
I hope someone does.
I would be a lot more tempted if the 2 people that stated it worked provided a little bit of proof and feedback that it did. I don't even see where the Seltos is getting it on the higher trim levels or that the EV6 has the hardware to support. Feels too much like we are getting punk'd

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
I just completed the May update. Good news: It did NOT reset all the nav destinations, like the April update did.

However, being a software guy, I suspect that this update MAY reset your data if you did not already apply the April update. It's possible that the data structures changed with the April/May software, so the old saved destination structures might not be compatible with the current structures.

An alternative interpretation is that the clearing of the data by the April update was a bug, and was the reason that update was pulled from distribution. If that's what happened, then the May update won't clear your data even if you haven't previously applied the April update.

We'll have to wait until someone who didn't install the April update installs the May update to know which is correct.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts