Kia EV6 Forum banner
241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Downloaded the zip file for the Navigation Updater Installer onto my Mac, but when I go to unzip the file, I get an error message: "
“NavigationUpdaterInstaller” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Did anyone else run into this? Maybe just a Chrome issue?
No that's an apple thing

Open settings, click on privacy, click open anyway

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes. Unfulfilled promises. The QR code sent you to a website that said we now have the option for color maps. But the navigation options are still "glaring white" or "dark gray on black". Kia customer service blames the map people. The map people said the graphics are Kia's decision.

Gadget Output device Font Space bar Gas

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Diagram

Font Gadget Technology Display device Electronic device

You can get color maps through Google or Apple through Car Play so it's not a problem of the display driver.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This thing has been updating for hours. Like I may be going on 3 hours and it's still at 57%.

I keep having to go down to my apartment garage and check on it and make sure the car's still there 😳

·
Registered
33 Posts
Downloaded the zip file for the Navigation Updater Installer onto my Mac, but when I go to unzip the file, I get an error message: "
“NavigationUpdaterInstaller” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Did anyone else run into this? Maybe just a Chrome issue?
This is a problem you'd run into on a M1 Mac - if you use a Mac with an Intel chip it works without issue... I ran into the same thing but luckily have an old mac I could use

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
337 Posts
This is a problem you'd run into on a M1 Mac - if you use a Mac with an Intel chip it works without issue... I ran into the same thing but luckily have an old mac I could use
Not true that it’s related to the CPU. Myself and others successfully used M1Macs to run the installer. As mentioned above and earlier in this and other threads, go to Sysrem Preferences, Security and Privacy, on the General tab. Unlock the page and select ”continue anyway”

·
Registered
5 Posts
[Sorry for the confusion - learning how to do quotes on this cite!}

dscoti is correct. I followed Distantsoil's advice, and had no problem then downloading the update, which then installed fine on my EV6 Wind.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts