Kia EV6 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to apollo, the update files are here for downloading.

I haven't applied it myself. I think I'm going to wait a week in case they're releasing a new version after the system maintenance. But if you just can't wait, there they are.
Thank you for hosting this, I downloaded the individual files as Punisama suggested and loaded them to a 128G USB 3.0. It worked as expected and ran for about an hour while I sat in the car, no issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a EV6 with GEN 5 Navigation and I receive the message "Download for this vehicle is not yet available" when I attempt to use the KIA Navigation Updater. However, according to the information on the KIA FAQ, which I have copied below, Navigation updates for GEN 4 became available on Apr 28, 2022 and due to Server maintenance it won't be available for GEN 5, GEN 5W, P GEN 5 & P GEN 6.

Anxiously waiting for 12 May

Font Number Screenshot Rectangle Circle

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,753 Posts
Damnit. That is my biggest complaint about the car, right now.
Not heard of an update coming out to even offer this or any rumours from Kia there will be one, have you heard otherwise?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not heard of an update coming out to even offer this or any rumours from Kia there will be one, have you heard otherwise?
No, just hoping it shows up at some point. I saw it listed as a feature in a Korean language video at some point, so I'm hoping it happens.

It not existing just feels like such a weird oversight, since the car has a proximity unlock.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
No, just hoping it shows up at some point. I saw it listed as a feature in a Korean language video at some point, so I'm hoping it happens.

It not existing just feels like such a weird oversight, since the car has a proximity unlock.
There’s a lot of things that are better on the European and Korean versions of the car, some because of US regulations.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Weirder is if you walk up and it unlocks, then you walk away without opening a door it relocks. Other cars in the US autolock as you walk away. My wife's Mazda CX-5 autolocks.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
Lots of US cars have walk away auto lock. The 2017 Honda I replaced with the EV6 did.
I know. There’s a lot of missing features that are attributable to US regulations: the tail lights, the small frunk on the RWD, and the lack of remote window raising. The walk away locking, though, is hard to explain.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,392 Posts
Help, I'm going crazy trying to get the dumb update software to work. I see the update. Click, double click, hit enter... etc. Nothing works. 😭 View attachment 5490
It’s been pulled down for “server maintenance” until May 12th. Read the third announcement on the update website. Or, search the threads here. The file is available here as it was posted in another thread.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thank you for hosting this, I downloaded the individual files as Punisama suggested and loaded them to a 128G USB 3.0. It worked as expected and ran for about an hour while I sat in the car, no issues.
Dang you sat/stayed in the car the whole time? Props to you for gutting it out in the vehicle for that long--once I heard that the update takes about an hour to complete, I simply started the update (at home) and then went about my business until it completed; granted I did check up on it every now and then to make sure the update was progressing without issue.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Dang you sat/stayed in the car the whole time? Props to you for gutting it out in the vehicle for that long--once I heard that the update takes about an hour to complete, I simply started the update (at home) and then went about my business until it completed; granted I did check up on it every now and then to make sure the update was progressing without issue.
I hardly think of sitting in my car as "gutting it out." It's sometimes the only place I can find peace and respite from the kids ;)

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
I know. There’s a lot of missing features that are attributable to US regulations: the tail lights, the small frunk on the RWD, and the lack of remote window raising. The walk away locking, though, is hard to explain.
Don't forget cameras while beyond a low speed as well as the car being noisy on the outside.

Lack of Sentry Cam (or whatever Kia's marketing term is for it) like the Korean EV6 model has is also hard to explain given that Teslas have it. US models got hosed in a plethora of ways.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts