Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
@Cataract2 appears to be correct about the sunroof based on the first line in the chart on this image posted by @MurlinatoR.
Yeah, the brochure that was put out sometime back said it was an option, but the trim list put out shows that is not the case. So, GT-Line if you want a sunroof. Now, the EX+ tech package gives me reason to go with the EX+ line since I get the tech items I want without the sunroof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone! Below you will find the freshly discovered feature list for the 22 EV6!

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS
-Sunroof standard on GT-Line
-Heat Pump standard on AWD
-20" standard on AWD
-Heated steering wheel on EX+ & GT-Line WITH AWD
-360 degree Surround View Monitor standard on GT-Line
-Intelligent Front Lighting System standard (I'll get more details on EXACTLY what this means for us in the US)
-Body color wheel arches standard on GT-Line
-Meridian standard on EX+ & GT-Line+-
-Trailer harness standard on EX+ & GT-Line

MurlinatoR
Can you help me understand the Trailer Harness? We ordered the FE (so coming soon) and plan to tow a RackAndRoll with Kayaks (so very lite weight) Will we need to get anything more than the ball hitch to make it work? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Can you help me understand the Trailer Harness? We ordered the FE (so coming soon) and plan to tow a RackAndRoll with Kayaks (so very lite weight) Will we need to get anything more than the ball hitch to make it work? Thanks in advance!
Hey there @bicyclechip, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

So, I don't honestly know the full details as of yet as this information has not been officially released to the dealers. That said, i believe that this is saying that it's prewired for the hitch.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
It really does boggle my mind how people claim to have information without actually having information. LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
“With our powers combined…” :)
That would have been a good touch but I fear would involve a court case, by the way in UK we have the Air model as the base then GT Line and GT Line S but the GT Line S unlike other Kia models does not actually have the S on the badge.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So, the FE's will be the GT-Line with the badging to designate it being the FE. So, it'll have the colored arches and the same front and rear.
Hi @MurlinatoR , I'm sorry to go back to this old response from you but someone on the Kia EV6 Owners group on Facebook pointed out that the pic of the EV6 FE in the Specification Highlights doc (which I posted in a discussion over there and also attached to this message) shows the FE with the black high gloss wheel arches which according to the US specs that you posted are only supposed to be on the EX+ trim not the GT-Line trim which you indicated the FEs will be. The ev6firstedition.com website also has EV6 pics with black high gloss wheel arches. When you said the FE will have colored arches, I'm assuming you meant that they will be the same color as the as the rest of the car (and not black high gloss). Is that correct?

I usually dislike wheel arches that are a different color than the rest of the car, especially the black plastic ones like you see on a lot SUVs to make them look more rugged. They don't look bad in high gloss black on the EV6 but I'm not sure how good they will look on an EV6 in steel matte gray so I'm hoping that the FEs don't have them.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi @MurlinatoR , I'm sorry to go back to this old response from you but someone on the Kia EV6 Owners group on Facebook pointed out that the pic of the EV6 FE in the Specification Highlights doc (which I posted in a discussion over there and also attached to this message) shows the FE with the black high gloss wheel arches which according to the US specs that you posted are only supposed to be on the EX+ trim not the GT-Line trim which you indicated the FEs will be. The ev6firstedition.com website also has EV6 pics with black high gloss wheel arches. When you said the FE will have colored arches, I'm assuming you meant that they will be the same color as the as the rest of the car (and not black high gloss). Is that correct?

I usually dislike wheel arches that are a different color than the rest of the car, especially the black plastic ones like you see on a lot SUVs to make them look more rugged. They don't look bad in high gloss black on the EV6 but I'm not sure how good they will look on an EV6 in steel matte gray so I'm hoping that the FEs don't have them.
View attachment 1349
Look at the FAQ’s for the FE. They also mention the black wheel arches there as well.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts