Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I for one am really hoping that the FE site and literature are simply out of date, and that @MurlinatoR is correct in his prediction that the FE will in fact have the GT-Line appearance.

If the FE turns out looking like the EX+, there's a 50/50 chance I will just let it go when mine comes in. I thought the FE looked fine when I placed my res, but the GT-Line looks sooo much better IMHO. I don't care for the black wheel arches either-- plus black trim doesn't hold up well over time-- it always tends to get faded due to being constantly hammered by UV (at least that's the case in here FL).

I know the FE is loaded with all the same options no matter what its exterior appearance, but also know that if I settle for the lower-trim appearance, the first time I see a GT-Line EV6 I will feel a wave of envy come over me...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Look at the FAQ’s for the FE. They also mention the black wheel arches there as well.
I forgot that there was a FAQ on ev5firstedition.com and I don't think I ever checked the "EV6 First Edition Facts" tab on that page until just now. You're right, they mention "black fender flares" as you can see in the attached screen shot. I'll have to see how they look with the steel matte gray color that I chose.
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Magenta

·
Registered
386 Posts
I forgot that there was a FAQ on ev5firstedition.com and I don't think I ever checked the "EV6 First Edition Facts" tab on that page until just now. You're right, they mention "black fender flares" as you can see in the attached screen shot. I'll have to see how they look with the steel matte gray color that I chose.
View attachment 1352
But like @RandomHuman I'd prefer the body color flares, not the glossy black flares

·
Registered
255 Posts
I personally expect they'll include the black fender flares because that's what they had said originally and I doubt there's a big cost difference. That said, until Kia confirms something everything anybody says on here, including me, is merely on the spectrum between "speculation" and "wishful thinking" ;)

Font Rectangle Brand Paper product Paper

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm surprised to see the 3 different types of wheel arches, EX has matte black, EX+ has glossy black and GT-Line has body colored.
Yes, will be interesting to see what the first edition and other lines offer when they hit the US.

Wheel design seems consistent online for US version. However I did find additional wheel options in the Austrian configurator, which I really like.
See here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Hi @MurlinatoR , I'm sorry to go back to this old response from you but someone on the Kia EV6 Owners group on Facebook pointed out that the pic of the EV6 FE in the Specification Highlights doc (which I posted in a discussion over there and also attached to this message) shows the FE with the black high gloss wheel arches which according to the US specs that you posted are only supposed to be on the EX+ trim not the GT-Line trim which you indicated the FEs will be. The ev6firstedition.com website also has EV6 pics with black high gloss wheel arches. When you said the FE will have colored arches, I'm assuming you meant that they will be the same color as the as the rest of the car (and not black high gloss). Is that correct?

I usually dislike wheel arches that are a different color than the rest of the car, especially the black plastic ones like you see on a lot SUVs to make them look more rugged. They don't look bad in high gloss black on the EV6 but I'm not sure how good they will look on an EV6 in steel matte gray so I'm hoping that the FEs don't have them.
So, here's what I know. The system that corporate uses to spec, build order, and track all of our cars show's the FE package as part of the GT-Line trim level. This is why I think that it's coming that way. I trust the system way more than I trust whoever is putting pictures on websites. LOL

Ultimately, I could be wrong as it happens regularly. Hahahaha

Hope to find out soon!

Product Rectangle Font Line Material property

·
Registered
218 Posts
So, here's what I know. The system that corporate uses to spec, build order, and track all of our cars show's the FE package as part of the GT-Line trim level. This is why I think that it's coming that way. I trust the system way more than I trust whoever is putting pictures on websites. LOL

Ultimately, I could be wrong as it happens regularly. Hahahaha

Hope to find out soon!

View attachment 1362
Thanks @MurlinatoR. That makes sense. I agree that I wouldn't trust the marketing people who probably worked with the web department to put together the EV6 First Edition website and PDF docs. I think we've all seen websites with incorrect information over the years. I also agree that it would be strange to make the FE models based on the GT-Line and then make the wheel arches / fender flares different from the non-FE GT-Line models.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Thanks @MurlinatoR. That makes sense. I agree that I wouldn't trust the marketing people who probably worked with the web department to put together the EV6 First Edition website and PDF docs. I think we've all seen websites with incorrect information over the years. I also agree that it would be strange to make the FE models based on the GT-Line and then make the wheel arches / fender flares different from the non-FE GT-Line models.
Plus, the Reservations details don't say anything about ventilated seats, the brochure we got says there's a sunroof package.... just lot's of loose ends still. The system is what I know and trust and has served me well for years now. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to join this thread late and not sure if there is a better place to ask this. Is there any word on when you will be able to order? Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
- AsianPatrolHead said he was driving the U.S. Spec model so possibly the FE style but GT Line Body.

·
Registered
218 Posts
- AsianPatrolHead said he was driving the U.S. Spec model so possibly the FE style but GT Line Body.
Good catch on the US spec model video. I subscribe to Asian Petrolhead and I had started to watch this video but I never finished it. If the specs that @MurlinatoR posted are accurate, that's a GT-Line model because it has body colored wheel arches. The EX+ has black high gloss wheel arches and the EX has matte black wheel arches. You can see that info in this comment in this thread.

Edit: Charlie (aka Asian Petrohead) confirmed at about the 10:27 mark of the video that it is a GT-Line.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good catch on the US spec model video. I subscribe to Asian Petrolhead and I had started to watch this video but I never finished it. If the specs that @MurlinatoR posted are accurate, that's a GT-Line model because it has body colored wheel arches. The EX+ has black high gloss wheel arches and the EX has matte black wheel arches. You can see that info in this comment in this thread.

Edit: Charlie (aka Asian Petrohead) confirmed at about the 10:27 mark of the video that it is a GT-Line.
Only difference from the Korean version is we don’t get the side button seat adjustments for convenience near the center console. We’d have the do the adjustments from side bottom of the seats.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Only difference from the Korean version is we don’t get the side button seat adjustments for convenience near the center console. We’d have the do the adjustments from side bottom of the seats.
I'm actually glad that we don't get the side button seat adjustments because in one EV6 video review that I saw the reviewer commented that someone in the back seat could easily use those controls to mess with your seat adjustments. I'm imagining my ~6 year old son seeing the buttons on the side of the seat and just pressing them repeatedly while laughing about it before I can get him strapped into his car seat. :LOL:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only difference from the Korean version is we don’t get the side button seat adjustments for convenience near the center console.
And US spec lighting (side markers, no adaptive headlights, no sequential turn signals or amber at all on the rear), no air cleaning mode, and no option to use the cameras as a dashcam.

·
Registered
110 Posts
And US spec lighting (side markers, no adaptive headlights, no sequential turn signals or amber at all on the rear), no air cleaning mode, and no option to use the cameras as a dashcam.
yeah, I wanted the dashcam mode :( maybe through an OTA update we’d be able to use it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I doubt it. That option comes with a hardware button above the mirror, a USB port in the glovebox, and I'd imagine some internal memory.
True, or they could do it like Tesla where they use the existing usb ports available and allow a thumb drive to be used as memory.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts