Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors or is the handle touch sensitive? I realize it is not the GT-Line where it pops out the handles when you approach. But it does seem like an unnecessary pain to have to pull out the key fob every time I want to get in the car or leave the car. Toyota has had touch handles for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Wind with the tech package. There is a indentation on the door handles. A firm push will lock or unlock the doors.
I have the Wind AWD auto with Wind Technology package. I was dissappointed to find I don't have the auto pop out door handles. I thought like others it was with all the ev6s not an option. I find though that even with the manual handles I should be able to touch and unlock my door, and find this is not working even with the key in my hand. Is there a trick to it? I've tried sliding my finger from one side to the next, touching on one side, the trying the other, and also in the midde. Press harder or longer? Frustrated but any help from anyone that has had this problem?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
149 Posts
You need to push in on the side with the indentation -- the opposite side from where you push to pop the handle out. It's not touch, you need to push it in a bit, like you're clicking a button. The car should beep once for lock, twice for unlock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll try again maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough. I hope it isn't glitchy that will drive me crazy and I don't want to dig my keys out everytime. Once I get in it's so fun to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll try again maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough. I hope it isn't glitchy that will drive me crazy and I don't want to dig my keys out everytime. Once I get in it's so fun to drive.
Pressed a little harder, got it figured out thanks! And now I find there is no rear window wiper? Why in the world not?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve found that the rear window stays clearer than the Ioniq 5. It is winter where I live and my rear window isn’t nearly as dirty as I feared. But I agree that a wiper would be nice to have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hold Open the handle and look inside handle socket and you will see a small button that needs to be pushed to lock/unlock. I placed a small rubber sticky dot on top of it, like a drawer rubber bumper to prevent drawer slamming. Much easier and less push. Definitely a KIA failure on the to short of button, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD Tech pkg
10 Posts
Hold Open the handle and look inside handle socket and you will see a small button that needs to be pushed to lock/unlock. I placed a small rubber sticky dot on top of it, like a drawer rubber bumper to prevent drawer slamming. Much easier and less push. Definitely a KIA failure on the to short of button, in my opinion.
Obi won, you the master!!!! Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts