Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst waiting for my EV6 I was wondering how to input/play my music collection other than via Android Auto. At present I have a 32Gb SD card slotted onto the dash of my Audi which can be selected as my media source. I know I can transfer the files to a USB stick but can I plug into any of the various USB ports and play thru the sound system? Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a shame that it's an either or situation with Android Auto; I would like to have my music collection permanently available in the car and then plug in the phone for AA for Waze or Google only occasionally. I have not previously used AA in my Audi as I use Audi satnav and my phone connected infor calls via Bluetooth. It seems like a backward step having to plug in the phone. Maybe I'm behind the times, if my music files are all on my phone can these be played with Bluetooth without plugging the phone into the USB socket? See as

Reactions: whitehawk

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
Maybe I'm behind the times, if my music files are all on my phone can these be played with Bluetooth without plugging the phone into the USB socket?
I'm behind the times! I have my music files loaded on my phone, which I play with VLC for Android over bluetooth. It works great. Track info displays on the car infotainment system, track forward/backward buttons work, autoplay on connect works, etc.

VLC also works with Android Auto. So if I connect the phone for big-G's maps, I can still use VLC exactly the same as when its connected over bluetooth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm behind the times! I have my music files loaded on my phone, which I play with VLC for Android over bluetooth. It works great. Track info displays on the car infotainment system, track forward/backward buttons work, autoplay on connect works, etc.

VLC also works with Android Auto. So if I connect the phone for big-G's maps, I can still use VLC exactly the same as when its connected over bluetooth.
Thanks...looks like I've worrying about nothing. I had begun to think I would need to plug my phone in on every trip! 😳

·
Registered
102 Posts
Relating to that, does a USB flash drive need to be formatted or structured (folders, etc) a certain way?
I believe the USB needs to be formatted as FAT32.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did you search the EV6 forum? I posted exactly the product you need to purchase to split the USA A port so two devices can be used at the same time, such as wireless android auto and a music device.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I already did post the full link in my post, but here is the product: amazon.com by Andul
USB Splitter, Andul USB 2.0 Y Splitter Charger Cable 1 Male to 2 Female Power Cord Extension Hub Adapter for Car / Laptop / LED Etc,Navy

This model has a chip in it that allows both ports to carry data and power at the same time. It's $7.99

·
Registered
128 Posts
I already did post the full link in my post, but here is the product: amazon.com by Andul
USB Splitter, Andul USB 2.0 Y Splitter Charger Cable 1 Male to 2 Female Power Cord Extension Hub Adapter for Car / Laptop / LED Etc,Navy

This model has a chip in it that allows both ports to carry data and power at the same time. It's $7.99
The description says
"Note: The Usb splitter Cannot be used with Andriod Auto and Apple CarPlay
Note:
The Usb Y splitter cannot be used with built-in car stereo systems or aftermarket systems such as Andriod Auto and Apple CarPlay as these systems do not support USB hubs.
It does not support 2 headsets being plugged in.Because the sound needs a sound card.

Connector:USB 2.0 tape A 1 male to 2 USB 2.0 type A female
Upgrade the chip to support both data transfer and charging (Support All Devices) #28 Fully shielded high quality copper wire, high speed transmission data

This sync USB power adapter Y cable can solve issues as one USB port unable to supply sufficient power, fixing problems with low-powered USB port.

This dual usb splitter allows for power to be taken from 2 USB ports, such as a PC, external hard drive, intermittent , keyboard, audio The USB Y splitter cable is commonly used in USB2.0 device."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts