Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does the EV6 have user profiles? as in, can it remember different settings for different drivers, like radio stations mirror positions etc ?

thanks..

·
Registered
472 Posts
What I was wondering: can user profiles be linked to the keys? Ie, my profile to one key and my wife's to the spare key.

Thanks in advance.
we think it is linked to keys although it seems to remember the last user and then asked you to confirm. It might be linked to phones too but i've not completely understood the logic as yet. It's pretty easy although sometimes start up takes a while (perhaps alfer long period of inactivity) and if you need to change user it can be a pain. That's mainly when both my wife and I are in the car, hence there are two phones linked. Are from this slight delay it's almost automatic. The seats have memory, so do the rear view mirrors and we think some other preferences but i'd not completely got my head around it.

As ever the manual says very little.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having a user profile linked to the seat memony (1 and 2) would be neat. Too many occations when there can be both two phones and keys in the car at the same time, which will confuse the car.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Can you not link both phones at the same time?

Our current VW allows you to have separate seat, mirror, driving styles etc but also allows us to use both phones if we are both in the car, if your using the car for a phone call it will prioritise the drivers phone and put the passenger phone call back onto there phone so they have to use it in there hand.

Hope this makes sense how I am describing it,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you not link both phones at the same time?

Our current VW allows you to have separate seat, mirror, driving styles etc but also allows us to use both phones if we are both in the car, if your using the car for a phone call it will prioritise the drivers phone and put the passenger phone call back onto there phone so they have to use it in there hand.

Hope this makes sense how I am describing it,
how does it determine which of the two phones owners is currently driving ?

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
hardly definitive.
Works every time without issue?

I use my key to unlock the car and it uses my phone.
If my wife is passenger then that is set to the second phone on the setup.

My wife uses her key and it uses her phone.
If I am the passenger then my phone is set to the second phone on the setup.

Perfect and simple.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Perfect and simple.
What if the passenger unlocks the car and gets in first?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is a scenario -

Go shopping, come back to the car, walk up to the boot and it auto opens with key in my pocket. I don't think the rest of the car unlocks so my missus presses the button on the door handle (or does it unlock automatically) and unlocks the door with her key as I am loading the boot.

I finish and get in the car and start it, which key wins?

·
Registered
52 Posts

Perfect and simple.
the scenario is both passenger and driver have keys. If the keyless entry detects the passengers key fiirst, surely it will determine the passenger as the primary phone.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
the scenario is both passenger and driver have keys. If the keyless entry detects the passengers key fiirst, surely it will determine the passenger as the primary phone.
Then just change the setting in driver profile to the driver, its just two touches of a screen, takes less then 5 seconds.

Simples.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Here is a scenario -

Go shopping, come back to the car, walk up to the boot and it auto opens with key in my pocket. I don't think the rest of the car unlocks so my missus presses the button on the door handle (or does it unlock automatically) and unlocks the door with her key as I am loading the boot.

I finish and get in the car and start it, which key wins?
Again as per my previous post,

Then just change the setting in driver profile to the driver, its just two touches of a screen, takes less then 5 seconds.

Simples.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Your need to change to your driver profile anyway as the seat, mirrors etc will all be in the wrong position, so your need to change to that drivers profile anyway.

Otherwise your be driving in the wrong setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts