Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is a stoopid question.

On the Apple app store, there is both UVO Connect & Kia Connect.

Which app should I use when my EV6 arrives?

They are both rated two stars which is a bit of a concern!

·
Registered
57 Posts
However, see this post! I'll be interested to see how well it works later this week when I have collected my car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tested out the Ionity charger at Kill services the other night and had no issue at all with it. Car was at about 70% starting out so max charge rate I saw was only 92kw, but very impressive overall and the experience with using Ionity was a lot better than ESBs network (albeit a fair bit more expensive for the higher charge rate they are capable of)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tested out the Ionity charger at Kill services the other night and had no issue at all with it. Car was at about 70% starting out so max charge rate I saw was only 92kw, but very impressive overall and the experience with using Ionity was a lot better than ESBs network (albeit a fair bit more expensive for the higher charge rate they are capable of)
Did you get a Kia card with lower Ionity rates ? TRying to figure that one ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you get a Kia card with lower Ionity rates ? TRying to figure that one ...
No, I forgot to ask the dealer about it during collection. I looked online about it after and couldn't find anything about it from Kia in Ireland except one dealer quoting a press release about it. I dug a little further and found a list of countries where it would be available but it didn't have Ireland listed so kind of just left it at that. I might ask the dealer anyway though and see what they say.

Edit: Just looked it up again and found this; Kia and Ionity: high power charging with reduced kWh prices for EV6 customers
Selected countries are Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, UK, France, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands.
A tad annoying that the press releases mentions multiple times about how great Ionity is in 24 countries across Europe, but then only 9 are getting the offer from Kia :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
A tad annoying that the press releases mentions multiple times about how great Ionity is in 24 countries across Europe, but then only 9 are getting the offer from Kia :(
Might I suggest: give Ionity a call and (gently) tell them those exact words. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they offer you something. It'll only take a few minutes out of your day but may save you a little money in the long run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts