Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A request - anyone in the Greater Vancouver area have a perfectly-clear HUD?

Mine has double images and looks quite blurry, but if I tilt my head about 20° to the left it gets perfectly clear. My dealership is trying to tell me that's just the design. But they had another car on the lot, and I found that it only took a very slight tilt to make it ok.

Also, when I wear polarized sunglasses, the HUD display disappears at about the same tilt, so if you have polarized sunglasses and can tell me if it disappears for you straight on or with a tilt that would help immensely.

Ultimately, I want to find one in the area that's good so I can prove to Kia it's not just a bad design and is an actual fault that requires repair / recall.

Oh, and if you do have this issue, please log it with Kia. The more voices are speaking up about it, the more likely they are to take it seriously:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Font Event Rectangle Science

This photo was taken at eye level. It looks fine BUT any slight deviation will reveal the ghosting or double image. (If I were to move the camera left or right)

So yes, I see what you’re talking about @robby-d but for now, it’s not a big enough issue for me. Sorry.

I do believe you and you probably do have an issue as slight changes in manufacturing or fitment of the part can produce the ghosting image.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Thanks, this is great to know. If I get pushback from Kia and I need to prove to them that mine isn't normal, I may be asking a favour...
I too will be following. At first I thought it was a seat position thing. But I have had to disable as it’s so blurry it’s like putting glasses on when you don’t need them. Maybe the windshield is dirty as it was cold one morning and I noticed how dirty it actually is inside. Or the projector lens perhaps still has plastic covering it?

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
I too will be following. At first I thought it was a seat position thing. But I have had to disable as it’s so blurry it’s like putting glasses on when you don’t need them. Maybe the windshield is dirty as it was cold one morning and I noticed how dirty it actually is inside. Or the projector lens perhaps still has plastic covering it?
mine was really bad at first also. Almost dizzying. A bunch of HUD adjustments and seat adjustments and especially contrast changes helped tremendously. This is mine now as I see it.

Road surface Asphalt Tar Grey Floor

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
mine was really bad at first also. Almost dizzying. A bunch of HUD adjustments and seat adjustments and especially contrast changes helped tremendously. This is mine now as I see it.

View attachment 4191
Thanks @Cnsheets. It seems like the there’s a like at the bottom of mine where it’s below the seat adjustment I like. I agree it was dizzying at first. Then better. But still something I couldn’t look at. I believe more playing is necessary before calling it out as faulty in my part.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks @Cnsheets. It seems like the there’s a like at the bottom of mine where it’s below the seat adjustment I like. I agree it was dizzying at first. Then better. But still something I couldn’t look at. I believe more playing is necessary before calling it out as faulty in my part.
Mines tolerable now. I wish we could shift left/right as well. I have a tendency to lean to the right when I drive and wish I could shift it left. But I do think it could be better. They should have built in a focus option.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Mines tolerable now. I wish we could shift left/right as well. I have a tendency to lean to the right when I drive and wish I could shift it left. But I do think it could be better. They should have built in a focus option.
Agreed. I like other cars with quad adjustment. I have some back problems and sometimes turn my head slightly apparently enough to make a diff and see it as blurry.
I’m thinking I’m sitting too low in the vehicle in regards to the intended position.
When you bought at Peak Kia was it an order or an availability?
Did you sign the deal on the first one (I think you said elsewhere you had the rattle from the rear)?
Curious why my FE order that was cancelled had 53 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Agreed. I like other cars with quad adjustment. I have some back problems and sometimes turn my head slightly apparently enough to make a diff and see it as blurry.
I’m thinking I’m sitting too low in the vehicle in regards to the intended position.
When you bought at Peak Kia was it an order or an availability?
Did you sign the deal on the first one (I think you said elsewhere you had the rattle from the rear)?
Curious why my FE order that was cancelled had 53 miles on it.
Mine was an unspoken for incoming allocation that I was able to nab. (Going to give up my Urban Yellow FE if it ever arrived, still zero from the dealership on it) Mine had 31 miles when it got into the truck because they took it for window tinting and clear bra for me.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, @Cnsheets , @jchcolorado - if I tilt my head a lot it goes perfectly clear like that. I've tried every adjustment imaginable - seat up/down, forward/back, left/right, adjusting the HUD, turning off AR, etc. It's definitely like it's twisted sideways, and moreso than the others I've been able to sit in

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Robby, how did you make out? Did they fix it?
No dice yet. Dealership said, "the other cars we have look a little blurry too, it's just how they are." Contacted Kia Canada and after a long delay they said that they've spoken with the dealership and Kia can't help me, I need to work through the dealership. I plan to call them again Monday. If it's not good news I thankfully have someone near by with an EV6 with a good HUD and I'll try to do a compare.

More than a little bit frustrated - I had 2 employees confirm the issue before buying. Should've gotten it in writing 😕

1 - 17 of 17 Posts